• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Neither, thanks :rolleyes::p

just cant see me wait a couple of months for my card.
I don't think it will be that dramatic. If you have something already that's just silly. Don't pay over the odds you let the scum scalpers win.

I get the hype but it's a GPU you can live without it for a month or so.

Associate
I don't think it will be that dramatic. If you have something already that's just silly. Don't pay over the odds you let the scum scalpers win.

Actually its ebay thats making most of the money, by the time they and paypal take their fees an £850 card will net the seller £730 which is actually only £50 more than the OC current price for the Gigabyte Eagle

I've been planning my first PC build (with a 3080) and was hoping to have it by mid-end October.... I think even end-Dec is looking unlikely, haha. I want an MSRP card, as an extra £100 for 2% more performance is stupid imo, but all MSRP cards are £75 over. At this rate I'll attempt to buy Big Navi, fail that, and end up back with a console. haha. Would some up my luck.

Soldato
indeed it’s not what he said 8n his original post but after the 3080 launch went so badly he had now said no 3090 will be sold at MSRP so they are all go8ng to up from the prices previously listed but then they won’t go up as people are buying them like they did with the 3080.

so yeah, if you want a 3090 this side of Christmas then you are go8ng to have to pay more than msrp.

or pay your $75 for the scalping bot software and get as many as you want for list price.

No thanks I'll wait for MSRP on a card, also I'm put off by the 3090 now seeing it is no more than 10% faster than a 3080 for twice the price.. so NVIDIA can stuff it with the 3090 too, will wait and see what AMD has and when the 3080ti or 3080 20GB come out .. that was my reasoning to buy something with more than 10GB which is a joke on a so called flagship card for gaming as NVIDIA put it and laughing that a 3090 is 8K capable what on ultra low settings for some of the demanding games or a slide show.. come on pure marketing rubbish clearly and anyone believes a 3070 is faster than a 2080ti is dreaming yes with their select games they have optimised their drivers to read fake numbers .. I give up really the whole pc gaming is becoming a fools game with NVIDIA running the game.. No wonder they came out same time as PS5 preorders ..

I use my pc for more than gaming and the extra VRAM would have helped with work related applications and thats why I wanted to stay clear of 10GB cards in 2020.. so was willing to go 3090 until I saw the performance 10% for double price they can stick it I was willing to pay for 20% increase and swallow my pride knowing I got screwed even at MSRP.

Caporegime
I see the Evga 3080 ftw overlocked and using 400w only beat the plain vanilla 340w cards by 2 to 4% in games. Barely seems worth it for the gain.

seems like almost every car can do about the same and the silicon lottery is more important.

Caporegime
No thanks I'll wait for MSRP on a card, also I'm put off by the 3090 now seeing it is no more than 10% faster than a 3080 for twice the price.. so NVIDIA can stuff it with the 3090 too, will wait and see what AMD has and when the 3080ti or 3080 20GB come out .. that was my reasoning to buy something with more than 10GB which is a joke on a so called flagship card for gaming as NVIDIA put it and laughing that a 3090 is 8K capable what on ultra low settings for some of the demanding games or a slide show.. come on pure marketing rubbish clearly and anyone believes a 3070 is faster than a 2080ti is dreaming yes with their select games they have optimised their drivers to read fake numbers .. I give up really the whole pc gaming is becoming a fools game with NVIDIA running the game.. No wonder they came out same time as PS5 preorders ..

I use my pc for more than gaming and the extra VRAM would have helped with work related applications and thats why I wanted to stay clear of 10GB cards in 2020.. so was willing to go 3090 until I saw the performance 10% for double price they can stick it I was willing to pay for 20% increase and swallow my pride knowing I got screwed even at MSRP.

I am heading your way too unless more reviews come out showing otherwise on the 3090 performance.

after seeing Amazon has the 3090 ftw3 ultra up at £2500, I am not sure even 30% improvement over a 3080 would make me buy one.

Soldato
I am heading your way too unless more reviews come out showing otherwise on the 3090 performance.

after seeing Amazon has the 3090 ftw3 ultra up at £2500, I am not sure even 30% improvement over a 3080 would make me buy one.

Exactly it's a mugs game now.

Now I see why NVIDIA crippled and removed SLI from the high end this time you know 3080 10GB flagship card blaa blaa (while 20GB versions are in the works...), then days later state they are removing SLI support from drivers because in past we could add 2 or more cheaper cards and beat the top end cards, yes i know SLI had its issues but that should have all been worked out by now but they deliberately crippled it too and now with mother boards with 4.0 pcie and way faster interconnects there should be zero reason 2 or more cards behave like one card, but thats part of the game they played.. So we go buy 3090 and titans with SLI and later realise hey we are removing SLI support, one of the reasons i said ok to a 3090 was in future I thought okay i can add another one cheap second hand then they announce no more support so why does it have SLI then and we all know its gamers that would want that and yes I know people not gaming too but they killed what 50% of their market with 3090 for people that wanted to game with SLI now and quietly announced it too to hide the fact they are doing that.. it's all silly behaviour from NVIDIA and disgusted to give them any money now to be honest, I may just look for a second hand RTX Titan I wanted 24GB for work related stuff and just buy a PS5 and stay clear from pc gaming or just have a cheap card to pc game from now.

EDIT:
Ohh also forgot to add they are also doing what they are doing regarding SLI is also because they want to kill the second hand market for 2080ti's, people are thinking hey grab a second one cheap and add it to mine now can't do that or people thinking grab 2 or more cheap will be cheaper than a 3090 and way faster in games that support SLI. Its all dirty tricks really.

Also a note to companies that behave this way I don't have brand loyalty .. example I went and purchased a 3950X AMD components today .. first AMD build for me ever because of intels silly games too.. so says it all first time ever my first intel system was a 286 so tells you how old I am and why I don't get fooled by companies, even when AMD had systems in past that beat intel for value and speed I stuck intel, now the difference between a intel and AMD system makes no sence , newer tech more cores and better price to perfomance by a big way, so intel got told for the first time ever from me to get lost. I hope same happens to NVIDIA too, they are INTEL, APPLE in disguise .. look at apple still selling old tech at stupid prices and now trying to make more profits by using their own cpus that will break everyone's Apple system before with new OS updates.. but the Apple fan boys still waste their time , I hope they wake up too and either stop supporting apple hardware and build their own hakintosh but that's what apple wants to stop too by not using intel cpus or x86 cpus .. These companies are behaving like crooks now, only way to stop it is support the ones that don't while the ones not behaving get their act together. I have said this for over 5 years now and others on this very forums.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
yes i know SLI had its issues but that should have all been worked out by now

It isn't that simple - increasingly newer APIs and complex use of them results in situations where SLI/CF techniques can't cope due to things like needing data from a previous frame which isn't on the GPU that needs it (which you can't know ahead of time).

I think nVidia have made a conscious decision now to not spend time/resources on hacking SLI into working with newer games (which is what it essentially is) and putting those resources on to developing future multi-GPU/MCM technologies - with the latest APIs the game developers can program their game to use multiple GPUs (without SLI/CF) if they want to spend the time on it which wasn't possible with earlier APIs.

Back
Top Bottom