• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just been in the phone to OCUk and spoke to a guy who wasn’t helpful at all.
I have had no info off Ocuk on my queue position and he wouldn’t tell me where I was In the queue eitherand then went on to say I will be waiting tillJanuary/February Most likely.
When I’m spending 1700quid on a card I want to where I am in a queue.
All I want is info on where I am is this to much to ask.

No it's not too much to ask at all assuming OCuk have a proper que system in place now... however I wonder how many times a day they get asked this question? Lol

Associate
I have a gigabyte 3090 gaming occi want to trade for an evga xc3 tuf any type, pny xlr8 or msi ventus 3x

Any of the above 3090"s or 3080 equivalents

Its a case size thing , the gigabytez is awesome, just won't fit my h1

Associate
No it's not too much to ask at all assuming OCuk have a proper que system in place now... however I wonder how many times a day they get asked this question? Lol
Yes true but 1700quid card and not telling me where I am the queue and not to have had a email to clarify where I am is unacceptable.
It’s a simple question to be asked to a guy who is to do this job of customer service.
The quy is out of order with his tone and
Seemed to enjoy telling me I will be waiting till January.
And where is he getting this January/February information from.

Associate
Yes true but 1700quid card and not telling me where I am the queue and not to have had a email to clarify where I am is unacceptable.
It’s a simple question to be asked to a guy who is to do this job of customer service.
The quy is out of order with his tone and
Seemed to enjoy telling me I will be waiting till January.
And where is he getting this January/February information from.
I will admit though, the customer service I've had from OCuk over the years (even their business department) hasn't been the best in the world :( it's why I chose to partner with the competition! Even if their prices are slightly higher than OCuk half the time.

Associate
I will admit though, the customer service I've had from OCuk over the years (even their business department) hasn't been the best in the world :( it's why I chose to partner with the competition! Even if their prices are slightly higher than OCuk half the time.
To be honest I’ve never really had problem with ocuk customer service and I have been a customer a long time but this something else which I wouldn’t expect from them.
I believe the way they are dealing with this whole thing is damaging customer respect for them.
There is another company who we all know is dealing with the 3080/3090 situation way better than ocuk.

Associate
I somewhat understand why anyone would be upset, rightly so. You spend a car's worth on something you can't drive, just to not even be able to try it for god knows how long.
However, I'd ask that you think about this for a moment...
Let's imagine OCUK has 20 people working on CS (Customer Service for those allergic to abbreviations) - which I feel would be a lot, if I'm honest; along comes nvidia with graphics card chips that finished R&D in August and went into mass production towards the end of it (with terrible yields). You are now OCUK - you receive the thing EVERYONE wants; but you look at your stock warehouse and what you see is barely enough to supply a family of 12.
1. Your CS team is now going to be under duress
2. Your warehouse team now has to process these WANTED items at lightspeed WHILE - still handling the other orders (remember, it's not just GPU's they sell).
3. You have a forum that's practically on fire because there are people who ordered 3080's and let's be frank - not everyone is as reasonable/thoughtful as myself or you - if you're of that same branch.

Don't let this GPU launch tarnish OCUK for you, the reason I say this is because this is the FIRST time they've had to deal with Nvidia s****ing the bed this badly. If you were in OCUK position - obviously you would want to keep everyone informed, you would want to keep everyone up to date on their queue numbers. There's a really high likelihood that their store architecture does not allow for a simple means of doing this. There's likely been some quickly drafted up operating procedure to get on top of this.

There's a chance that suppliers are not very communicable either because they too have to suddenly deal with nvidias trickle-down idiocy.

What I'm saying is - be lenient. They are most definitely trying their best, just that there's a massive workload to be dealt with, especially on communication and CS side.

If other companies handle this better for you - that is fine! It's a good thing. You learn about a new place where you can obtain hardware - and due to their smaller scale you get more immediate service. Just don't let this launch paint OCUK in a bad light for you. Their reputation and size has simply made it harder for them.

Have a nice weekend, y'all :)

Last edited:
Associate
I somewhat understand why anyone would be upset, rightly so. You spend a car's worth on something you can't drive, just to not even be able to try it for god knows how long.
However, I'd ask that you think about this for a moment...
Let's imagine OCUK has 20 people working on CS (Customer Service for those allergic to abbreviations) - which I feel would be a lot, if I'm honest; along comes nvidia with graphics card chips that finished R&D in August and went into mass production towards the end of it (with terrible yields). You are now OCUK - you receive the thing EVERYONE wants; but you look at your stock warehouse and what you see is barely enough to supply a family of 12.
1. Your CS team is now going to be under duress
2. Your warehouse team now has to process these WANTED items at lightspeed WHILE - still handling the other orders (remember, it's not just GPU's they sell).
3. You have a forum that's practically on fire because there are people who ordered 3080's and let's be frank - not everyone is as reasonable/thoughtful as myself or you - if you're of that same branch.

Don't let this GPU launch tarnish OCUK for you, the reason I say this is because this is the FIRST time they've had to deal with Nvidia s****ing the bed this badly. If you were in OCUK position - obviously you would want to keep everyone informed, you would want to keep everyone up to date on their queue numbers. There's a really high likelihood that their store architecture does not allow for a simple means of doing this. There's likely been some quickly drafted up operating procedure to get on top of this.

There's a chance that suppliers are not very communicable either because they too have to suddenly deal with nvidias trickle-down idiocy.

What I'm saying is - be lenient. They are most definitely trying their best, just that there's a massive workload to be dealt with, especially on communication and CS side.

Have a nice weekend, y'all :)
All I want to know is my queue position is that to hard to for OCUK to answer?
Is it?

Associate
All I want to know is my queue position is that to hard to for OCUK to answer?
Is it?
Stop contacting OC. Contact the maker of the card and supply them with a copy of your receipt. They will know OC order amounts based on dates and be able to inform you when you'll receive it as they'll know how many they've shipped.

Associate
Stop contacting OC. Contact the maker of the card and supply them with a copy of your receipt. They will know OC order amounts based on dates and be able to inform you when you'll receive it as they'll know how many they've shipped.

To do that though, he would need to know his queue number. :) You're sort of asking him to skip a vital step there.
But your idea does hold merit.

Edit: Disregard this, I think I was a potato. I don't think supplier would be overjoyed by that either, since they need to treat all stores equally.

Associate
To do that though, he would need to know his queue number. :) You're sort of asking him to skip a vital step there.
But your idea does hold merit.

Edit: Disregard this, I think I was a potato. I don't think supplier would be overjoyed by that either, since they need to treat all stores equally.

When I've paid £1500 for something and not being told information when it's arriving I don't really give a monkeys what anyone thinks. I contacted the Cards manufacturer, informed them that OC had my money and didn't know when I'd recieve it, that they had my card and so I'd like to know. They asked me for a copy of the receipt and got back to me 5 minutes later with their shipping dates and when I should receive the card.

Associate
When I've paid £1500 for something and not being told information when it's arriving I don't really give a monkeys what anyone thinks. I contacted the Cards manufacturer, informed them that OC had my money and didn't know when I'd recieve it, that they had my card and so I'd like to know. They asked me for a copy of the receipt and got back to me 5 minutes later with their shipping dates and when I should receive the card.
See, that's amazing! You've just taught me something too! You should've opened with that, people could follow your guide on this and through collective information input we'd have a better idea for shipping dates and such!
Thanks! :)

Associate
And what was the dates?

Associate
ASUS TUF 3090 non-OC
Ordered on:
2nd Oct
Estimated queue position (there are two systems in place, OCUK CS only have access to the old one) - 65.

Waiting for ASUS response to see if they can inform me of shipping dates for this same card.

Back
Top Bottom