• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
"we will send an update after each shipment"
Its in your mail, they will update after _shipments_ (maybe weekly but after shipments only), so its not just update every week.

So it looks like they did not ship a single Gigabyte EAGLE that's I did not get an update on my queue position.
Maybe u ordered a different card which was shipped so u did get an update.
I repeat, I did not get.

Associate
People are being suckered in when they get finance and then its not that easy to cancel. You get finance and there's a mark on your credit history for a start. This makes it difficult to get finance elsewhere quickly.

Finance? If you need finance to be able to afford £750 then you have the wrong hobby. I think it's safe to say that people who upgrade every cycle don't care about money. And anyone with a 10 series or older has plenty of time to save their pennies.

Associate
Finance? If you need finance to be able to afford £750 then you have the wrong hobby. I think it's safe to say that people who upgrade every cycle don't care about money. And anyone with a 10 series or older has plenty of time to save their pennies.
Thats not what its about and their finances are their business, not ours. The finance option wouldn't be there if it wasn't needed or preferred by some.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people used some form of finance or credit to secure this gpu for many different reasons. Just because you use credit or finance doesn't mean its because you have no other funds and cant afford it. People need to understand this and stop judging others.

All im saying is that by using that method you are effectively stuck. Im not an expert and i didn't use finance so i don't know how easy it is to get out without leaving marks on your credit file. I do know its going to be a heck of a lot more difficult than a credit card transaction.

Associate
Its in your mail, they will update after _shipments_ (maybe weekly but after shipments only), so its not just update every week.

So it looks like they did not ship a single Gigabyte EAGLE that's I did not get an update on my queue position.
Maybe u ordered a different card which was shipped so u did get an update.
I repeat, I did not get.

Yes, I know, but this is wrong, I know because I've tracked the behaviour. The first week emails came online you only got them if stock shipped, and the same for the 2nd week, and I got 2 shipping emails for my Ventus. But then on the 3rd week after the emails started everyone got emailed an update, we know this because this thread jumped a lot of pages at once with people posting updates they had the email and everyone had different carads. Not to mention that a lot of people posted their queue position had not moved. Which indicates it was either sent to everyone or at the very least most people.

And Gibbo has acknowledged yesterday in the update thread that both will happen from now on, updates after your shipment but everyone will also get 1 weekly on friday as well.

Associate

It would be naive to assume that every pc enthusiast is earning high amounts of money, some may see the benefit of owning and upgrading a PC over console. People on lower income can see the benefit of regular low monthly payment especially if they don’t intend to upgrade again for several years.

I have used the 0% interest buy now pay later scheme because although yes I can afford the card outright I didn’t think it was sensible to put that money on OCUK’s bank account when it can sit in mine until I get my card. And my credit rating could always use the boost for when I pay it off :D.

For some though finance is the only option if they wish to have the latest greatest tech, and who are you to tell them otherwise?

It would be naive to assume that every pc enthusiast is earning high amounts of money, some may see the benefit of owning and upgrading a PC over console. People on lower income can see the benefit of regular low monthly payment especially if they don’t intend to upgrade again for several years.

I have used the 0% interest buy now pay later scheme because although yes I can afford the card outright I didn’t think it was sensible to put that money on OCUK’s bank account when it can sit in mine until I get my card. And my credit rating could always use the boost for when I pay it off :D.

For some though finance is the only option if they wish to have the latest greatest tech, and who are you to tell them otherwise?

I am 17, I was a IT support apprentice and used my last furlough pay check to purchase this 3080, I currently have £25 in my account.

not smart

You'll find a way to be okay, or just sell it on ebay for £2000 get a 2080ti for now and a 3080ti next year, pocket the rest to tide you over, bosh

lol, as if anyone will buy a twin x2 oc 3080 from Inno3D

plus I haven’t even got it yet and I haven’t heard a single update about it I’m 32 in queue

anyway this is my last post as there is a 15 post limit every 24 hours bon voyage

Associate
You'll find a way to be okay, or just sell it on ebay for £2000 get a 2080ti for now and a 3080ti next year, pocket the rest to tide you over, bosh

Plus they are 17, so likely lives with a parent so having £25 in their account wouldn’t be as bad compared to someone living in rented property or with bills and mortgage etc.

Associate
They might not need to, but choose too. Either way, that's not a helpful response for that situation.

I am 17, I was a IT support apprentice and used my last furlough pay check to purchase this 3080, I currently have £25 in my account.

not smart
Just learn from it and you'll be set for your future decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate

not smart

Look on the bright side..... you are one billion and twenty five pounds better off than Donald Trump and I bet he hasn’t got one on order.. Push come to shove you an always cancel and get your cash back too.

Back
Top Bottom