• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Maybe you should consider it

I was gonna buy zen3 but then I got high, da da, I was gonna buy rdna2 but then I got high, da da, and now I'm kicking on the interweb, and I know why (why man?) yeah yeah, Because I didn't get high, Because I didn't get high, da da dat dat da da da.

4k I'm off for a blunt, I'll give ya 2's if you want :p

Associate
I was gonna buy zen3 but then I got high, da da, I was gonna buy rdna2 but then I got high, da da, and now I'm kicking on the interweb, and I know why (why man?) yeah yeah, Because I didn't get high, da da.

4k I'm off for a blunt, I'll give ya 2's if you want :p

Oh wow, you smoke the tweeds? How edgy and random!! Yeaaaah bro, 420 bro
People who feel the need to tell people they smoke are the present day vegans.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I thought an AMD thread would be full of AMD lovers but seems like people are constanlty bickering all the time... I reckon 75% of this thread is BS at the moment lol YES I'm in a bad mood today and came in for a read and chill and I've literally read nothing of use lol which has put me in an even worse place lol

That's generally down to people who dont own AMD gpu's having a pop, or twits that want to troll/showcase features like DLSS. Its one thing wanting to discuss the features and compare, however by the by its usually the beginning of thread tangent/derailment.

Yes its BS but unless the mods tidy it up or appoint another mod whos willing to trawl through guff pages it wont stop.

Soldato
Find the differences:

i have both an AMD GPu & Nvidia GPU

I dont like or dislike either but

With Nvidia you know exactly where your setting is as there all listed = 2 clicks your done

With AMD you do the following
* is it in the video section?
* is it in the gaming section
* is it in Display (Video is display techincally)

1-5 Clicks & you might be done

then after you enter a section you got another layer of menus at the top. to many clicks to find what you need. rather click & hold on say "video" and look at all the options without going 2 layers deep

its the same as ryzen master, you cannot tell what you can click & type in & what is locked as greys are so close together... very annoying

Soldato
It's hilarious that you are writing this as though you have any idea of the actual facts of what you are talking about.
So come on, if these are all rubbish (I am not saying one way or the other) please fill us in with what is actually happening. You seem to know after all.

When they appear let me know... when 3090's are flying of the shelves I doubt there is any need for such a card yet. It's wccftech clickbait again thats all. Lets wait and see when the AMD cards come out and what they can really do before worrying about made up graphics cards again. Seriously have you all not learned that every single 16gb and 20gb nvidia card is some kids imaginary graphics card yet, it's all been clickbait.

I am hoping the 6900XT is a 3090 type card, I just spent over £1k on a 49" samsung freesync monitor and hoping these AMD cards are what they say, it will save me £850+ at the moment if true, as the Nvidia 3090 card I want is currently selling for £1800.. So you think I would rather throw away £800+ if they are almost the same ? Come on guys wake up to whats going on in the tech market, AMD is not a charity and AMD has been known to throw fake benchmarks that are twisted to their best case scenarios. Also look at what they are trying to do with their CPUs and SAM it's the same I.O chip there is no reason it shouldn't work on 3000 series cpus too. They are trying to force people to upgrade CPUs again and motherboards, it's a dirty trick, AMD are no angels and they have proven that with the cpu release.. So lets wait and see what the cpus are really like and the gpus..

If they are as they say then yes maybe Nvidia will react with a 3080Ti.. but selling it as what wccftech said is never going to happen they will not give you a 3090 with 20GB at $899-999 .. keep dreaming...

Man of Honour
The whole point of an architecture like Windows is you can use tooling to give common look and feel of UI. Imagine if every piece of software you had reinvented the wheel on layout, menus etc - yuck!
In terms of UX, I've found Nvidia drivers miles ahead of AMD because it is snappier; with Radeon drivers I'm often sat there while it tries to cache information about loads of games I have installed (regardless of whether I actually want it to do this) meaning you click to change a tab and sit there waiting for 10 seconds or whatever. Totally pointless.

Quite why NV drivers need to take up 600MB I've no idea.

Caporegime
I'd prefer Radeon software more if it was modular. I use OBS for streaming, so switch off all that crap/hide from view. That other info Hangtime was just mentioning, yeah I'd happily hide that from view...its very cluttered with stuff I don't what to know :)

Associate
with Radeon drivers I'm often sat there while it tries to cache information about loads of games I have installed (regardless of whether I actually want it to do this) meaning you click to change a tab and sit there waiting for 10 seconds or whatever. Totally pointless.

Which tabs do this?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The whole point of an architecture like Windows is you can use tooling to give common look and feel of UI. Imagine if every piece of software you had reinvented the wheel on layout, menus etc - yuck!
In terms of UX, I've found Nvidia drivers miles ahead of AMD because it is snappier; with Radeon drivers I'm often sat there while it tries to cache information about loads of games I have installed (regardless of whether I actually want it to do this) meaning you click to change a tab and sit there waiting for 10 seconds or whatever. Totally pointless.

I have the opposite issue. AMD drivers are snappy. Nvidia it takes time to load up.

Nvidia need to update their drivers, bring it into the 21st century.

Soldato

It's because with each new driver release they lower the performance on the the older GPU you are running.....................you must know that ? I've got a 1080ti and the performance has done nothing but go down from one driver to another since the release of 2000 series.
Has the gpu suddenly got worse ? no, of course it hasn't........................the drivers are designed to cripple it and force me into "upgrading".
Well, this time round i will upgrade........................just not to another Nvidia card.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It's because with each new driver release they lower the performance on the the older GPU you are running.....................you must know that ? I've got a 1080ti and the performance has done nothing but go down from one driver to another since the release of 2000 series.
Has the gpu suddenly got worse ? no, of course it hasn't........................the drivers are designed to cripple it and force me into "upgrading".
Well, this time round i will upgrade........................just not to another Nvidia card.

;)

Soldato
When they appear let me know... when 3090's are flying of the shelves I doubt there is any need for such a card yet. It's wccftech clickbait again thats all. Lets wait and see when the AMD cards come out and what they can really do before worrying about made up graphics cards again. Seriously have you all not learned that every single 16gb and 20gb nvidia card is some kids imaginary graphics card yet, it's all been clickbait.

I am hoping the 6900XT is a 3090 type card, I just spent over £1k on a 49" samsung freesync monitor and hoping these AMD cards are what they say, it will save me £850+ at the moment if true, as the Nvidia 3090 card I want is currently selling for £1800.. So you think I would rather throw away £800+ if they are almost the same ? Come on guys wake up to whats going on in the tech market, AMD is not a charity and AMD has been known to throw fake benchmarks that are twisted to their best case scenarios. Also look at what they are trying to do with their CPUs and SAM it's the same I.O chip there is no reason it shouldn't work on 3000 series cpus too. They are trying to force people to upgrade CPUs again and motherboards, it's a dirty trick, AMD are no angels and they have proven that with the cpu release.. So lets wait and see what the cpus are really like and the gpus..

If they are as they say then yes maybe Nvidia will react with a 3080Ti.. but selling it as what wccftech said is never going to happen they will not give you a 3090 with 20GB at $899-999 .. keep dreaming...

Just because they don't appear doesn't mean there was no plans. Things change and I believe Nvidia fully underestimated AMD so things could change faster. Sure what was said might be nonsense but you can't just call it that with nothing to back it up.

It emerged there was testing and development on a big RDNA1 card, 60 or 64 CUs that never appeared so we have no idea what goes on in the background most of the time.

Man of Honour
Can't remember, I moved my AMD to a secondary PC (maybe it's changed now but it was like it for quite a while), but it was basically where you just open it up and is starts trying to list out hundreds of games so you could override the profiles for them individually (which I didn't want to do, or if I did it would be by exception on rare occasions) and the disk drive starts going bezerk.

Caporegime

Wow, that as an impressive level of impotent nerd rage you are adding to your, erm, guesswork. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom