Migraines , who suffers from them here?

Caporegime
OP
Woke up with a really bad this morning, felt sick too! Took some pills, went back to bed, and then woke up a bit shaky and was terrible using the phone. Couldn't even say my own postcode properly :mad:

Man of Honour
Woke up with a really bad this morning, felt sick too! Took some pills, went back to bed, and then woke up a bit shaky and was terrible using the phone. Couldn't even say my own postcode properly :mad:

Never had it like that even with the bad migraines - sounds more like a stroke :S

Caporegime
OP
Bad head/migraine today, couldn't think straight. Knew I was getting one, eyes felt sore ( central heating ), kept on yawning and the pain down my neck, which is usually a tension/cluster headache.

But why is it, everytime I get migraines or bad headaches I'm always eating lots after, like a craving for more food. Anyone else get that?

Never had it like that even with the bad migraines - sounds more like a stroke :S

Went to the hospital not long after that as per doctors orders, it was just another form of migraine though! They can be that bad

Last edited:
Soldato
Bad head/migraine today, couldn't think straight. Knew I was getting one, eyes felt sore ( central heating ), kept on yawning and the pain down my neck, which is usually a tension/cluster headache.

But why is it, everytime I get migraines or bad headaches I'm always eating lots after, like a craving for more food. Anyone else get that?

Went to the hospital not long after that as per doctors orders, it was just another form of migraine though! They can be that bad

Migraines and cluster headaches are not the same.

A migraine is a pain in the arse and makes you feel awful.

Cluster headaches take you clean out, they are also very rhythmic as in striking every 4 hours or whatever even when you asleep and last about 1 hour.

The is no cure or treatment, no pain killer works and I tried everything.

Cluster headaches are the worst in the world, if you have never suffered from them think, ice pick in one eye socket, runny nose, unable to stand or open eyes.
****ing horrible they are. :mad: Luckily I have not had one since 2008. ;)

Soldato
Well in any case, bad headaches, cluster headaches, tension headaches, migraines and every other " head pain ' screws you over in some form :mad::p

Trust me all the other headaches are my little pony compared to the mother of all headaches, cluster headaches.

When I was suffering for about 3 months every year, I read a few posts on the cluster head **** forum.

One woman said child birth was less painful and another guy said he broke his back and it was not as painful as a cluster headache. :eek:

They very naughty and I would not wish them on anyone. (well not everyone in the world) :D

I don't really get migraines never really have only when am full of flu, but I can deal with them.

I have found a moderate consumption of alcohol keeps headaches away, not too much mind you.
Just enough to thin your blood and open up your arterial capillaries for good blood flow. ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Took me years to figure my Migraines out, i was getting a minimum of 1 per month.

Started cutting things out of my diet to see if i could find a trigger, takes a while per item but i eventually narrowed it down Caffeine.

Consider myself unlucky if i get 1 migraine a year now.

Caporegime
OP
Trust me all the other headaches are my little pony compared to the mother of all headaches, cluster headaches.

They very naughty and I would not wish them on anyone. (well not everyone in the world) :D

Migraines can come in different forms and pain levels, not all are the same. I remember years ago there was a documentary of a guy with a migraine, he would bash his head against a toilet seat or a wall in response to the violent pain. True story

Man of Honour
Took me years to figure my Migraines out, i was getting a minimum of 1 per month.

Started cutting things out of my diet to see if i could find a trigger, takes a while per item but i eventually narrowed it down Caffeine.

Consider myself unlucky if i get 1 migraine a year now.

I've fortunately managed to narrow down my main triggers - the last one only recently.

Dark chocolate is the main one and the worst - triggers really bad ones (once the auras start to fade its literally like someone is stabbing me in the head painful not quite to the level of bashing my head against a wall though) pretty much every time within a few hours - once I figured that out I dropped them from every few weeks to a few times a year.

Certain types of humid damp days (fortunately fairly rare) when you get like misty rain and everything is fogging up - especially if I do anything physically active get moderately bad migraines - I've found that if I use a towel to keep my face dry especially around the eyes for some reason that prevents it triggering migraines.

Certain types of stimuli overload including really intense gaming where I'm tracking a lot of stuff i.e. flying logistics in eve online - I've found that if I periodically stop and process it mentally kind of like filter everything into its distinct parts it helps a lot - if I don't pretty much guarantee a migraine around 16-24 hours later.

Once I figured those out I'm unlucky to get more than 1-3 a year.

Caporegime
Painful process but well worth the rewards figuring this stuff out.

Interesting you should mention games, they have been a problem for me over the past 4 years, BF3/4 and now BF1 can be a trigger but only if i play for a multi-hour stretch, i would get what i can only describe as a "fuzzy head" afterwards, this would eventually build up to a full blown migraine if i played a few nights back to back.

I did some testing and due to my focus on the game i was basically not breathing properly and not blinking much, that combined with slightly elevated stress levels helped build up towards a migraine.

Play in moderation our days and try to focus on getting enough oxygen round my body.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I seem to get weather-related headaches and migraines. I actually love thunderstorms because on the build up to one can have stonkingly bad headaches, but once the downpour starts and clears the air its happy days, also helps me sleep a lot better.

Soldato
I suffer from migraines too but I can avoid them by doing certain things which work for me, making sure I drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day for a start.

As soon as get the slightest hint of a headache I take 2 400mg Ibuprofens. If I don't catch it in time though it's time for sumatriptan and bed.
I posted this in February 2011, however I can now say I get migraines extremely rarely now, so much so I would almost consider myself cured!

My diet is a hell of a lot better than it was back then, I weigh about 9 stone less and my physical fitness has improved 10 fold.

Looking back my migraines were really self inflicted through poor lifestyle choices.

I posted in here in October 2013 with my update stating I was essentially cured - I still feel this way.

Taking care of myself, exercising and diet have now cured me. Migraines were not the reasons I changed my diet and began to exercise however, but I'm sure glad that curing my migraines was another benefit of being healthy.

Caporegime
OP
I've been doing ok for some time now, however this week has been really bad! I was looking up at those damn satellites and within about 20mins hit with extreme nausua! Not long after, a Migraine and I was sick all night. Now it's day 3 and I can't get my balance right, keep feeling waves of nausua and dizzy spells ever since I had the migraine :(

Associate

When I was suffering for about 3 months every year, I read a few posts on the cluster head **** forum.

One woman said child birth was less painful and another guy said he broke his back and it was not as painful as a cluster headache. :eek:

I don't really get migraines never really have only when am full of flu, but I can deal with them.

I have found a moderate consumption of alcohol keeps headaches away, not too much mind you.
Just enough to thin your blood and open up your arterial capillaries for good blood flow. ;)

I can vouch for that Trusty, my brother was diagnosed with chronic cluster headaches over 5 years ago, we just hope that one day they will stop.
To see what happens to him is so scary to see, ruined his life as he cannot work and is basically housebound for fear of an attack.
He is under the care of the Central London Headache center but nothing so far actually works.

Caporegime
OP
I have one of those very frustrating eye migraines at the moment, right behind the back of the eye :( Makes me feel off, can't think straight

Caporegime
Eye fatigue and aspartame cause mine.

Buy bias lighting for all TV's and screens to reduce eye fatigue.

Avoid diet or low calorie drinks with aspartame for the other. I always read the label on all drinks.

One can is fine but 2 or 3 cans here and there and it builds up. So avoid it as much as I can.

Associate
I've had a couple recently (within past two months), both seemed to happen the morning after taking sleeping tablets...

Coincidence? I think not.

Associate
Finally had one clear that I'd had since last night, still feeling sick but that could be the fact that I slept until lunchtime. Painkillers just don't touch it and the doctor just seems intent on insisting that they are related to low testosterone levels, been on TRT for 8 months and there seems to be no improvement but still they insist its the testosterone. pair that with dizziness and vertigo that I keep getting as well and its a great combo.

Soldato
Not hardly had one since I started using cannabis, I was having 4/5 a year, and have quite a few days off work with them, get 1 a year at the most now

Back
Top Bottom