NR200 Owner's Thread

I have a crazy idea. Can anyone tell me if it will work.

In this case I plan to put my small gpu facing down horizontally... Therefore taking up the 1 pcie on my auros b450.

I want to put my ae-5 creative sound card in the vertical mount bracket and connect it to my m.2 slot using this

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-m.2-to-pcie-x4-x1-mining-rendering-adapter-ca-032-kk.html

And an extension pcie cable.

Will the soundcard function this way? I mean.. it will all fit im pretty sure.. is it too loco to work?

240 AIO on the side will be the best bet. Freezer II does fit but its an extremely tight. I'd suggest getting one where the pipes come out of the side of the CPU block instead of the top, that should make it an easier fit.

Yeah from what I seen it looks like the Freezer II does look like a tight fit. Currently looking at the Be Quiet! Pure Loop 280mm AIO, it looks pretty new so hard to see any reviews with this specific case

I sh** you not. This is my plan. Do not ask why.

B550i Strix mobo
1600 Ryzen (i understand its not officially supported but may technically work till i can afford a 5600x)
Ae-5 Creative Soundcard mounted vetically and connected to front m.2 slot with adapters.
Gtx 1660 xs oc ventus downward facing
Stock amd and case fans
Full modular atx psu with printed mount

Wish me luck. Janky build will be attempted. I may not make it back alive.

That sounds pretty jank why not just get an MATX case which isn’t much bigger or a usb sound card if onboard isn’t good enough (they tend to be pretty good these days).

an mATX case only has one more slot than a NR200P (4vs3)

That sounds pretty jank why not just get an MATX case which isn’t much bigger or a usb sound card if onboard isn’t good enough (they tend to be pretty good these days).

an mATX case only has one more slot than a NR200P (4vs3)

Im downsizing and could lose the sound card.. but im gonna try salvage it as it cost me £100 haha. I just got a strix b550i mobo off .. the internet..for £150. Ive saved money not needing a new psu (sff are pricey)

Fingers crossed the ryzen 1600 will function to a basic level in that mobo. I wont be too sad if the soundcard plan flops. It would be cool though huh. Mini itx with a full fledged internal soundcard which in theory shouldnt take much electrical noise up there in the verical mount position.

I already have it jankily placed in my current build to keep it away from gpu... Tied in place with string. Oh yes oh yes.

IMG-20201108-140931.jpg

S6R6JZC

I'm going to run a FTW3 3080 Gaming in this case so going to need a 3 PCIE cable, where is the best place to grab one for the SF750?

I'm going to run a FTW3 3080 Gaming in this case so going to need a 3 PCIE cable, where is the best place to grab one for the SF750?

You can’t discuss competitors on this forum but they are available for RRP (recommend retail price I.e. 134.99) online.

Just go a Google search and you’ll find them.

Last edited:
I need to order a custom 12pin for the NR200, any thoughts on how long I should go?

The default cables are 50cm but that seems a bit long for the NR200. Has anyone done custom cables and how long did you go for the PCI-e?

Case is great, plenty of room while being small enough. The case is a good bit of kit and a bargain at the price.

No issues with sfx power, I've used them in my last 2 builds (used evga and Silverstone). So long as it's a good quality power supply you'll have no issues

Thanks just ordered a SF750, should be good enough for 10700K and 3080, now gotta wait for case to come in stock :(

The NR200 was also my first SFX build. I loved building in it, and I love the look of it on my desk. It's on the larger side of SFX cases, so it is a great place to start as it is easier to fit everything in and route the cables. The price is also brilliant considering everything you get with it. Go for it!

Thank you, I've started ordering parts, SF750 and got some parts I can reuse too like my 280 AIO

Only issue I'm having is deciding between Z490 Aorus and Unify for it, been with MSI for last few years and like there boards, and theres cash back on it, but the Aorus also looks good

You can’t discuss competitors on this forum but they are available for RRP (recommend retail price I.e. 134.99) online.

Just go a Google search and you’ll find them.
Thanks for the clarification.

I'm going to be using the glass panel most likely, what air cooler would work best for this configuration?

Most people are getting the Mugen 5, it’s pretty much the only 120mm cooler that fits under the glass. There is another but it doesn’t fit with all motherboards due to socket placement (fuma 2)

On the 92mm side the noctua U9S or the Cromax version are decent. The C14 (top down cooler) fits but I think the fan will be choked by the glass as it’s very close. If your going AMD, the biggest stock coolers is ok, if a little noisy. Most other top down coolers work but don’t tend to be as good as a tower cooler.

if your going vented panel an AIO on the side mount or a noctua u12S or C14 are the best bets.

Most people are getting the Mugen 5, it’s pretty much the only 120mm cooler that fits under the glass. There is another but it doesn’t fit with all motherboards due to socket placement (fuma 2)

Quite a few 120mm coolers will reliably fit. Mugen 5 is simply the largest and best performing one.

Do we know which boards do not fit with the Fuma 2?

Also if going AIO side mount on the vented panel, what model is the best bet?

Still um-ing and ah-ing about which option to go for as I slowly piece together this SFF system (got a Corsair 750 and 3080 FE so far, plus RAM and SSDs).

Back
Top Bottom