• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Disappointed to read the controller is a bit naff. Just got to hope that more games on PC start supporting the DualSense if that’s to become the winner this time around. Or do MS want everyone purchasing the Elite? :p

Im really impressed with it, but then I haven’t used a controller since the 360 version. The trigger feedback, the rumble, the feel of the controller are all great.

Associate
I like the dpad and textured grips.

I think it feels slightly lighter than the 1X controller but I could be wrong

10 grams lighter, 280 the 1X, SX is 270.

Well done, mine's back in its box to be returned as faulty. Optical drive won't accept any discs...
I thought my xsx was broke to but turns out I was putting the disk in the round way up. As it's in vertical orientation. Make sure you test the disk the other way round..... Feel like a right muppet but might be a common thing.

From Q90R forum thread i found online, when trying to find out what exactly has been "updated" with the latest firmware that LG and Samsung have rolled out in the last 24 hours.

Soldato
First thing i fired up was Subnautica, love this game but on my PS4 Pro it ran pretty poorly, whenever you surfaced there was stuttering and the like, smooth as now.

Just tried Tetris Effect for the first time, wow, this is amazing, the style and music are something else. Can't imagine this in VR.

Associate
I received my series S today after all, coming from a PS4 it's such a smooth experience!

I've already installed 6 games, I'll definitely need to pick up an external SSD.

Associate
Anyone elses box look like it's been kicked around the warehouse? Dented pretty much on all sides but the console was fine.

Mine came OK, surprising given Currys just put a plastic bag over the box. Saw others received theirs packaged in another cardboard box.

Anyone seeing any screen flicker or tearing on AC:V? I've noticed it a couple times on my playthrough.

Soldato
Oh and just played Tetris....oh man.

I had to take a few seconds after stopping to adjust to real life again....felt like i was tripping

It's something else...

Jellyfish Chorus at the start of Area 2 is one of my faves so far. And the Dolphin Surf in Area 3, when it goes super quick... Arghh!

Soldato
Does it auto upscale and auto hdr all 360 games? So if I download new vegas or fable it's already enhanced?
Is there a way to tell if a game has sx enhancements? So I'm downloading ace combat and don't know if I'm playing the original or one at 60fps with upgrades.

Also I'm trying to play eastshade, the game loads ok but when I select new game I just see this. It's not frozen as I can exit back to main menu fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom