• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Mine came OK, surprising given Currys just put a plastic bag over the box. Saw others received theirs packaged in another cardboard box.

Anyone seeing any screen flicker or tearing on AC:V? I've noticed it a couple times on my playthrough.
Mine was from curry’s box pretty beaten up

Man of Honour
Interesting is this confirmed as this would actually help me and my lad who both have series x lol

Confirmed? Try it yourself, this has been true since the first Xbox One.

That's a very random number to cap download speeds to, when in a game - what if your internet is below 37Mbps? Or waaaay faster, like 300Mbps?

It’s to do with game performance not download speeds. If a background service is using storage IO then those resources can’t be used for the game, and even if the game is running in the background it is still running at full pelt and needs the reserved resources.

Soldato
Well audio as expected is horrd through my capture device (elgato hd60s+), not quite as bad as the ps4, but not much better either, the solution on the ps4 pro was optical audio, kind of difficult now with no spdif port.

The main issue is it is just too quiet. Selecting "using hdmi audio headset" seems to help a bit.

Anyone else using elgato for sound, and know how to fix it? I know I am not alone is a fair few complaints on the net but no solution.

Soldato
Noisiest dpad ever. Reminds me of the joystick button I had on my Amstrad 464

Am scratching my head as to how people think this is a good quality controller, there is a night and day difference between this and my 360 controller. It just feels and sounds so cheap.

Soldato
So far graphic wise not noticing much of a difference between the Series X and the One X although I guss that will come with new games. Loading times are massively improved and its soooooo much quieter.

Problem I have is a solution for Live TV, I previously used the external MS USB TV tuner with my One X that worked flawlessly with One Guide. I knew that wasn't supported but planned to use the HomerunHD app for the network tuner I have but it seems at the moment that app isn't available on the store for the Series X.

Soldato
I just installed the high resolution texture pack for Modern Warfare, all I can say is, make sure you don't have the game on an old 7200rpm external drive, but with the texture pack on the internal ssd.

Just downloading the 200gb bundle again from scratch, lol

Soldato
Am scratching my head as to how people think this is a good quality controller, there is a night and day difference between this and my 360 controller. It just feels and sounds so cheap.

Yes I used the term fisher price. It's really horrible. I like the texture on the rear and the triggers though.
And make sure to untick the box about storage being off if console is off

Thank you!

Soldato
First night gaming on my Series X really happy with it.

Warzone all night picking up more kills than usual and bagged a Quad Win.

The game DVR is still lacking compared to PS4.

Warzone played lovely though. Super smooth and high Res textures looked great. VRR on my 28in monitor works really well.

It's super quiet and the whole dashboard is nice and snappy.

Well happy with the purchase.

Can you imagine when all theses new studios start kicking out the games!

Caporegime
First night gaming on my Series X really happy with it.

Warzone all night picking up more kills than usual and bagged a Quad Win.

The game DVR is still lacking compared to PS4.

Warzone played lovely though. Super smooth and high Res textures looked great. VRR on my 28in monitor works really well.

It's super quiet and the whole dashboard is nice and snappy.

Well happy with the purchase.

Can you imagine when all theses new studios start kicking out the games!

Similar experience with my Series S, no warzone dub but feels a lot smoother and looks much better. DVR has always sucked, you can set it to record constantly for 1hr from the quick menu though.

The Series S is so small too, even next to a One S. Really impressed.

Back
Top Bottom