Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
So from Google searching in my case it's not Xboxes fault. Activision have released two versions of the new Cod and aren't using smart delivery. My game says Xbox One / Xbox Series X on front, so it's the Xbox One version, it needs to say Xbox Series X first :(

And have the Optimized for Series X logo in the top right corner.

Permabanned
Ah crud, I have also bought the wrong one then. I bought it so son could play on his One X but thought it included both versions.

However, I can get the cross gen bundle for an extra fiver, so probably do that.

They have really made this confusing imo with all these versions.

Associate
Ah crud, I have also bought the wrong one then. I bought it so son could play on his One X but thought it included both versions.

However, I can get the cross gen bundle for an extra fiver, so probably do that.

Reading on HotUKDeals people were as confused as us.
And have the Optimized for Series X logo in the top right corner.
Googled it and yes it does.

Man of Honour
It's the Xbox changing video signal. The dashboard is only rendered in 1080p. So it'll change to 4K when booting a game.

It’s not that. The dashboard internally renders at 1080p but the signal the tv receives is always 4k if you’ve enabled the 4k output option, so there should be no change of signal when a game is launched.

The exception to this is 120hz/vrr (maybe hdr?) which may make your TV go black briefly if the manufacturer has badly handled input changes.

Soldato

Because they are greedy, almost all game developers are offering free upgrade, but Activision want to squeeze as much money as they can out of you. Refuse to buy this. Not only that they have huge download sizes for this game and updates are normally hefty sizes as well, complete cheek.
They easily could have used the smart delivery system.

Soldato
Yup said it earlier Activision tactic with cold war release was and is a joke

I had to ask here and Google, but unless you buy the cross gen bundle any disc version is not a series X release

As you bought a disc version you'll need to pay the upgrade fee to have the cross gen version

Soldato
Yup said it earlier Activision tactic with cold war release was and is a joke

I had to ask here and Google, but unless you buy the cross gen bundle any disc version is not a series X release

As you bought a disc version you'll need to pay the upgrade fee to have the cross gen version

Serves everyone right for supporting such a horrific series...

:D

Soldato
Hmmm. A little odd that xbsx running things slightly worse - should really be doing better on the multi plat games.

Is small part of why picked xbox this round.
The PS5 SDK is apparently in a better place and also easier to develop for. Hardware power is only one aspect.

Look at Linux vs Windows gaming on the same hardware, huge difference, all down to software.

The difference will either remain similar or entry XSX will pull slightly ahead when the dev tools get better.

Associate
The PS5 SDK is apparently in a better place and also easier to develop for. Hardware power is only one aspect.

Look at Linux vs Windows gaming on the same hardware, huge difference, all down to software.

The difference will either remain similar or entry XSX will pull slightly ahead when the dev tools get better.
Yes, remember all the rumours and leaks a few months ago devs saying they still haven't got final xbox hardware but have had ps5 final dev kit for some time, expect third party optimisation to be 6 months or so head start for ps5

Man of Honour
Yeah exactly, they bought out cold war in no time after modern warfare, they slap you in the face with premium content every time you load the game up, they can go do one.

It still amazes me that people still buy CoD every year. They still haven't improved on MW2, and the extremely aggressive monetisation and general downwards trend in gameplay put me off years ago.

Soldato
It still amazes me that people still buy CoD every year. They still haven't improved on MW2, and the extremely aggressive monetisation and general downwards trend in gameplay put me off years ago.

Yeah whatever floats people's boats I guess but personally I can't imagine anything worse than playing CoD online on a public server with voice chat enabled... toxic.

Soldato
It says Xbox One/Xbox Series X on the box. Thought Xbox was using smart delivery :confused:

Xbox does use Smart Delivery and Microsoft actively encourages it, but it's down to the developer to actually use it. It was discussed earlier in this thread that Activision are money-grabbing b-tards and have purposefully released two versions of the game and haven't used Smart Delivery. Good old Activision eh!

Soldato

If they'd made it easy enough to get the right one and you'd had the correct version, you'd have a copy of both because the Series X version comes with a disc for Xbox One. Or so it seems to suggest on the box. Screw Activision though, what scam artists.

Back
Top Bottom