• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Xbox does use Smart Delivery and Microsoft actively encourages it, but it's down to the developer to actually use it. It was discussed earlier in this thread that Activision are money-grabbing b-tards and have purposefully released two versions of the game and haven't used Smart Delivery. Good old Activision eh!

Some things never change. Pretty much every other publisher seems to have embraced smart delivery.

Soldato
Some things never change. Pretty much every other publisher seems to have embraced smart delivery.

I know. And the big issue is, as has been demonstrated in this post, Microsoft get the blame for it initially. It was only when the person posting it went to Google that it became apparent that MS have nothing to do with it.

I just can't believe that they're allowed to release two different versions and be so obviously misleading. It's scummy.

Associate
It still amazes me that people still buy CoD every year.

Only reason i bought COD MW for 1X was £15 cashback from TCB. Paid £28 almost a year ago and only bothered to boot it up on Series X. After a parade of DLC/updates its currently sat at just over 200GB. :eek:

They still haven't improved on MW2

MW1 was perfect, played that until the release date (just over 2 years) of MW2.
Barely lasted 6 months playing MW2, an unbalanced mess with multiple attachments/kill streaks that IMO went too far. Commando Pro :rolleyes:

Played MWR on the PS4 Pro for at least another year, even with all the added skins/guns nonsense.

Putting off playing the current COD MW until my CX TV arrives one day next week. Everything is now patched ready though.

Man of Honour
It still amazes me that people still buy CoD every year. They still haven't improved on MW2, and the extremely aggressive monetisation and general downwards trend in gameplay put me off years ago.

It really surprises me that it is still so incredibly popular year on year. No wonder they don’t bother innovating.

Associate
Just got my Xbox Series X delivered earlier, got very lucky and managed to bag one on Amazon yesterday, stock came in and I just happened to be on Amazon at the time and saw it.

Haven't had an Xbox since the 360, have a PS Pro and had a high spec PC until recently. Was going to build a new PC but couldn't be bothered with it as I have very little time for games and just wanted to turn something on and play on my LG OLED in the living room.

The Series X is amazing , nice form factor and not as big as it looks on YouTube Videos , load times are great having been playing on PCs with SSDs for years it's a really huge jump for consoles. Set up is very slick, kicked it off and did most of it from my phone.

I own a Note 20 Ultra and tried games pass for cloud gaming, truly blown away by this. The way MS have integrated Xbox with Azure Cloud is phonemal, cloud is my line of work so I can really appreciate what they've done here.

Currently downloading games, can see myself running out of drive space quickly, really looking forward to this generation of gaming.

Really loving gamepass with EA games, there is a long list here for me to work my way through.

Having been gaming since the 80s and having fell out of love with games, it's amazing how far they've come and really looking forward to this generation of consoles.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A solid 10 hours of Gears Tactics today... :o
Xbox didn’t miss a beat, warmed up to a reasonable amount that one would expect and didn’t hear it make a single sound all day :cool:

It gets toasty on top (still cooler than my pc exhausts), but it’s absolutely silent, very impressive when you consider the performance.

About a chapter and a half to go on gears 4. Can’t wait to play 5.

Juat hope they get streaming to PC sorted, a little irked that it can’t be done currently.

Soldato
It gets toasty on top (still cooler than my pc exhausts), but it’s absolutely silent, very impressive when you consider the performance.

About a chapter and a half to go on gears 4. Can’t wait to play 5.

Juat hope they get streaming to PC sorted, a little irked that it can’t be done currently.

Gears 5 is stunning. Runs superb too.......

Man of Honour
Anyone picked up a series s yet. Be interested in your thoughts. I'm picking one up tomorrow

I have both, what do you want to know?

Some Xbox One games don't look great because they use the base Xbox One/S version (e.g. Jedi Fallen Order) but anything enhanced for the S performs impressively.

Frame rates and loading times match the Series X which makes an enormous difference. Resolution is lower but not shockingly so.

Storage is very limited at ~360GB.

Soldato
Anyone picked up a series s yet. Be interested in your thoughts. I'm picking one up tomorrow

I've been using mine for a few days. I like the form factor, it's very small and very quiet. It's also very very white, cant really hide it :p New controller feels good with the textured triggers, still cheap but nicer than the one that came with the one x.

Main issues are the storage runs out pretty quick and the gamepass offering at the moment is Xbox One games which dont look great on the Series S due to only being One S versions. Series enhanced games look good though but not many of them.

Overall I'd say good as a secondary console but if was only buying one then I'd get the Series X.

Back
Top Bottom