New Alienware Q3 2020

Associate
Has anyone that ordered an AW2721D had their ordee progress past 'in production'? Ordered Saturday like many here with their 3821s and was told delivery on the 1st December but still hasn't shipped according to my tracking.

Soldato
A lot depends on the price here, if you could get 20% off on AW3821DW to get it as low as some users here did then that's a great deal on 38", but so is 663 on AW3420DW. Even with discount it would still be 663 vs 1030 price difference. And if you wouldn't get that 20% discount and only 100 cashback, then it would be 663 vs 1200, double the price. Basically the story is the same as with all 34" vs 38" posts, 38" is way better but not two times better and mostly for high-end enthusiasts with a very big premium. $700 RTX 2080 vs $1200 RTX 2080 Ti kind of situation.

Thanks everyone, i probably made the right decision going with the AW3420DW then. I'm "only" using a 5700XT so will not really be able to play at anything higher than 1440p anyway, and i'm going from a fairly average 24" ASUS 144hz 1080p monitor.

I suppose there's always something better and actually 38" might be pushing it in terms of my room space.

Have any reviews / comparisons popped up yet?

Permabanned
Boo! Arrival date slipped. It was dispatched this morning at 2:48 so delivery date is now Thursday. That's OK, I forgot I need a longer cable than Dell supply so I had to buy one and that's arriving Thursday too.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
01/12/20 00:26 TILBURG ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
30/11/20 23:51 TILBURG FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
30/11/20 14:40 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY
30/11/20 13:49 TILBURG MERGE ITEMS PICKED.

looks like its tomorrow or possibly Thursday...

not to bad i guess gives me time to get other stuff out the way so when it arrives i can spend more time playing around with it

Associate
If you did it via chat or phone send an email to the sales rep and ask for the order number - a lot of us were in the same boat only to find out it had already shipped

I've made a normal order through website. I have order number and can track it, it is still stuck on the first step, so received but not confirmed.

Associate
I've made a normal order through website. I have order number and can track it, it is still stuck on the first step, so received but not confirmed.

It could be they’re waiting on clearing the initial volumes as a fair few will have ordered it before it even went to web sales

Caporegime
It could be they’re waiting on clearing the initial volumes as a fair few will have ordered it before it even went to web sales

that was naughty people like me :D

Mine has been shipped yesterday, it left the Tilburg logistics hub at just after midnight last night. Current ETA on the tracking now shows as tomorrow.

Caporegime
Having an oled 48 inch tv is a very jarring experience compared to an UW. Too big an area to look around for gaming. As with the comments earlier in the thread surely you decide on your screen size and aspect ratio then fine the appropriate product. G9 and 48 inch cx are wildly different products

Seems unlikely this is coming today, tracking says it only departed the Tilburg hub at 00:26

It depends what is most important to you. If OLED is the most important feature, then buy the TV with the best HDR. If that means buying a monitor that's not in your desired size / aspect ratio you then need to evaluate is it actually that important ? if screensize and aspec ratio is the most important than buy the best you can in your chosen size and aspect ratio.

To do HDR properly, you need OLED tech, and there's no sign yet that affordable OLED computer monitors are going to be showing in Jan at CES. I think proper OLED monitors are still a way off yet. There was that Dell one, but it was $3500 and 60hz! I'm just not sure that affordable OLED ultrawides are close enough that it's worth hanging on for.

Last edited:
Associate
that was naughty people like me :D

Mine has been shipped yesterday, it left the Tilburg logistics hub at just after midnight last night. Current ETA on the tracking now shows as tomorrow.

yeah i was straight in there when I woke up at 7am and saw that Distil had flagged a change to the dell site. Couldn't add to basket so went on live chat as soon as they opened and wanged it through. Kept waiting to be told it’s not available or that he can’t do it or that my discount code can’t be used etc so was shocked all the way through

Associate
Update on my AW2721D. 'Order delayed. We are working on your order as fast as we can, we apologize for the inconvenience.' Looks like it is expected to now be shipped tomorrow and arrive on Thursday. Not too sad given I wouldn't really be able to put it through its paces until the weekend anyway. Guess I'll spend the extra few days sorting my desk out again.

Associate
Well my 34" has arrived and its the first curved monitor I've ever had and it's..... weird :) Don't get me wrong it's a lovely monitor but it's going to take a me a wee while to get used to this curve, it's melting my melon!

Associate
Btw if you want to avoid the pain tracking your parcel all the time and don’t have distil. Followthatpage is a quick service to set up and you can configure one page to hourly updates so you’ll get an email showing what changes in your tracking. Just give it the link from dells site

Soldato
Thanks man,

Really appreciate it, can you please link me a screenshot on how you completed their form because to me it gives me some extremely expensive options.

Just complete from this link here: https://www.ups.com/ship/guided/origin?tx=6797835620824812&loc=en_GB

Fill in the details you need, declare value etc. It all depends on the box size etc as well, my package for the 27" has shipped with Dell quoted as 17kg. At the end of the process you should be presented with various arrival times/dates which have varying costs, so you will have more expensive options there it's all about how long you're willing to wait. Of course if it's the 34/38" models you're shipping it would naturally be more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom