Porridge... during the lockdown I rediscovered it and now eat it almost every day.

Caporegime
OP
I made Gordon Ramsays apple pie porridge this morning! OMG it was lovely. :)
proper stove top milk and oats, caramelised the apple with some butter and cinnamon
Holy crap, you posh barsteward! :eek: Sounds delicious though. :)

-------------------------------

PS: Over 100 posts for a porridge thread... LOL. :D

Associate
I've just started eating porridge. I never liked it before, but it turns out that adding a bit of salt makes all the difference! I make it with water and add salt, honey, almonds, raisins and sultanas.

Caporegime
OP
I've just started eating porridge. I never liked it before, but it turns out that adding a bit of salt makes all the difference! I make it with water and add salt, honey, almonds, raisins and sultanas.
Yeah, the seasoning for porridge can really transform it. The oats are just a base then you can add what you like. :)

Funnily enough I have stopped making porridge for the last couple of months and am just eating oats, milk and honey instead (left to soak and soften for 30 mins). I think I just hit porridge overload and now I need a mental break from it. :D

Man of Honour
I've been eating a lot of porridge recently now that it's back on my diet plan. 100g of nice chunky oats, 220ml water, 220ml milk, 2tbs sweetener and then 5 minutes in the microwave. Comes out lovely and creamy.

Soldato
I've been eating a lot of porridge recently now that it's back on my diet plan. 100g of nice chunky oats, 220ml water, 220ml milk, 2tbs sweetener and then 5 minutes in the microwave. Comes out lovely and creamy.
You realise a rough portion is around 50g, so you're eating double that? Seems odd considering you mentioned being on a diet. Also, sweeteners? Bleurgh.. :(

Back
Top Bottom