CES 2021

Caporegime
I much prefer gaming on my 60 hz oled tv than my 144hz freesync ips monitor. Motion clarity just looks so much better. Throw in the million times better IQ and it's a joy to use where as when using any LCD panel now, I always just feel dissatisfied and keep thinking how utterly **** this looks, especially with any thing remotely dark.

Caporegime
I much prefer gaming on my 60 hz oled tv than my 144hz freesync ips monitor. Motion clarity just looks so much better. Throw in the million times better IQ and it's a joy to use where as when using any LCD panel now, I always just feel dissatisfied and keep thinking how utterly **** this looks, especially with any thing remotely dark.

We know dude, you've been banging on about it for 4 years. Give it a rest.

:p

Caporegime
We know dude, you've been banging on about it for 4 years. Give it a rest.

:p
Haha, it just frustrates me so much :p

Been stuck with outdated, WAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced lcd tech for far too long now! People have been getting their panties in a twist over gpu pricing, being drip fed performance improvements etc. but haven't batted an eyelid over monitors?! :p :o Makes no sense, when it's the biggest upgrade you can make on the whole if you want the best graphics/iq.

Caporegime
Haha, it just frustrates me so much :p

Been stuck with outdated, WAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced lcd tech for far too long now! People have been getting their panties in a twist over gpu pricing, being drip fed performance improvements etc. but haven't batted an eyelid over monitors?! :p :o Makes no sense, when it's the biggest upgrade you can make on the whole if you want the best graphics/iq.

STOP IT, JUST STOP IT!!!

Caporegime
Unless the pros find they can't see enough detail in the blacks and then who'll buy it. Would have been better to make it 144Hz freesync and gsync compatible. Add USB-C and KVM so it would appeal to all with just one model.

Out of interest why would they? Is there an issue with OLED and "black crush"?

Associate
I see Samsung's new Micro LED TV's are to support GSync VRR, considering them as well as some of the prices they are wanting for monitors doing the same functions seem the same in cost. Mind you we dont know what the new Micro LED prices will be for like a 55". Im wondering if Samsung will make smaller Micro LED TV's than the 55".

Caporegime
Unless the pros find they can't see enough detail in the blacks and then who'll buy it. Would have been better to make it 144Hz freesync and gsync compatible. Add USB-C and KVM so it would appeal to all with just one model.

It has USB C and KVM btw

Connectivity is also mentioned in the video with USB type-C (power delivery of 90W), 2x DisplayPort (must be v1.4), 1x HDMI (unclear on which version) and 3x USB ports listed so far. KVM capability is also listed.

Caporegime
That was the impression I got from the following review although it was with HDR on.

Seems to be an issue perhaps with them using a TV as a HDR monitor? He seemed to refer to it as been a "glitch".

Plus has he professionally calibrated his tv like the pro monitor will be?

Seems to come across as more an issue in certain games and their HDR implementation rather than the screen been at fault.

Not sure if they got the levels so dark on that part of the gun, that they would look okay on a hdr 1000 lcd screen. Or perhaps because those screen cant go so low on black level, they may then look okay. But really then it would be lcd hdr1000 screen not showing the true picture rather than the OLED screen.

Back
Top Bottom