Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 196 88.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Imo The only reason lightning is better is that they tend not to have as many bad cables - where as there are a few vendors that have made mistakes with usb c.

Other than that, usb c collects less dust, it’s more robust, the terminals don’t corrode/deteriorate like lightning, it can charge faster and transmit data faster, if everything goes to usb c, which imo it should, one usb c to usb c cable would do everything. They went this way with the MacBook for a reason. I think the only reason they’re not going to usb c for the phone is because they’re going to drop the connection altogether so it’s better annoying people once.

yeah thats true, though the strange thing is they could have introduced usb-c a few years ago but now the ship has sailed anyway as they're taking the mag safe route.

I do agree that in the future, the cable you should need you just be a usb-c to usb-c cable and nothing else. But we are still a few years away from that I think. Pretty much every company bar apple is using usb-c now, including sony with the ps5 and xbox as well. If only they could advance the tech further where we can have usb-c for display as well instead of hdmi/display portfor everything, but not sure how possible that is at this stage

Soldato
Oh OK, so there's nothing actually wrong with it except that it's a different cable to USB-C. I think the only USB-C device I have is my laptop and I have chargers in the two places I use it indoors and keep one in my travel bag.Just offering an

Oh and the HomePod mini but that shares a power block in my office with the MBA.

For me, lightning is better due to the number of cables/chargers I already have.

Just offering an alternative view :D
Double post

Commissario
Typical, if I wanted to try a pair, I could collect from a shop about an hour and half drive away on Sunday. We're in tier 4 from tomorrow, there's no way I'd even consider doing that now.

Soldato
This is pretty cool for APM/APP although it requires old AirPods or some such. Did this for my mum who got APP's for Christmas to replace her old AirPods where the battery health has degraded a lot.

1) download the Mimi hearing test app and do that with the AirPods or one of the supported devices (hopefully APP and APM will be supported in a future update)
2) go to Health and import the data above from 1
3) use your APP/APM
4) go to Accessibility and the audio/visual > headphone accommodations > custom audio set-up

From there you can use the hearing test from Mimi to let iOS apply a custom EQ based on your hearing to the APM/APP which I'm assuming matches the Harman curve better than stock if you have degraded hearing.

My mum has a slightly deafer left than right ear due to an ear infection and the custom EQ matched L/R levels after taking this into account where as before the left side was always quieter, obviously, and has boosted the frequencies where she was a bit harder of hearing so the sound is closer to what you're meant to hear when you slap these things on your head.

The massive Head-Fi thread (where concensus is that this is - begrudgingly for some - the best wireless headphone yet) has a lot of people endorsing this as it seems to make them sound better for basically everyone that tries it.

Soldato
£100 for a pouch. Wow. I paid the same for a STM bag that still looks near brand new after about 10 years.

The Tim Cook/Steve Jobs impression is pretty good though.

Associate
Well few days in and I’m impressed,
Don’t think these will be going back. I actually find them more comfortable then the Sony’s, I don’t get that squeezed headache I get after a few hours of use, and actually find music especially instrumental a lot better sound. I know all personal preference on sound but I really am enjoying the sound from these.... plus i realised I’m in a hell of a lot more teams meetings for the next year and the mics in these so far are great.

Associate
Well few days in and I’m impressed,
Don’t think these will be going back. I actually find them more comfortable then the Sony’s, I don’t get that squeezed headache I get after a few hours of use, and actually find music especially instrumental a lot better sound. I know all personal preference on sound but I really am enjoying the sound from these.... plus i realised I’m in a hell of a lot more teams meetings for the next year and the mics in these so far are great.

I've had them a couple of weeks and my experience has been very similar. Obviously very little out of house use at the moment but they have been perfect for full WFH days. I also enjoyed easily pairing with the Apple TV to watch a couple of movies whilst not disturbing my wife.

Soldato
Got a pair of these coming Tuesday, only cost me £100 out of pocket due to a gift card and birthday money, interested to see how they compare to my XM3’s, I’m sure the Apple convenience will win out.

Soldato
Got my Max's a day early, just trying them out now, they are like HomePod's for your head, they don't sound as muddy or bass heavy as my XM3's but they still have good controlled bass, I think it's because the mids and highs are better represented. The weight isn't too bad either and they are more comfortable on my ears, they don't get hot like they do with the XM3's.

Commissario
Reviews are making me more positive and delivery dates seem to be getting shorter. A few days ago it was the 20th Feb, now they’re showing as the 16th.

I’ve just ordered a pair in Space Grey to try. If they don’t blow me away, they’ll go back.

Back
Top Bottom