Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 196 88.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I can pretty much guarantee you that they won't be USB-C.

How unfortunate, at this rate Id rather they just remove every charger port off all their non usb-c products. Id rather go wireless instead of using this garbage lightning connector any longer

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I'll bite. What specifically is garbage about the lightning connector? The only issue I've had is pocket fluff getting in the socket on phones and that's quickly resolved every year or so.

Mostly the fact that most my other products all use usb-c, outside of a couple apple stuff...

Also outside of the iphone, all of apple's pro stuff seems to be usb-c anyway, not sure why they would have a premium overhead headphone and stick with lightning, when they're planning to go wireless soon with most stuff. I could even make an argument for the airpods pro I have, as I only ever use wireless charging on them, but these cant do that.

Soldato
I find the lightning cable which comes with the phones to be OK at best but I've been using 3rd party braided ones as I find they're a bit more durable.

For my use I can't see how a USB-C connection would be any better than lightning.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I find the lightning cable which comes with the phones to be OK at best but I've been using 3rd party braided ones as I find they're a bit more durable.

For my use I can't see how a USB-C connection would be any better than lightning.

when its comes to an individual product, there isnt exactly a huge difference in the cable outside of potentially just faster charging? Its mainly just the fact that pretty much every product now comes with USB-C outside of apple, so its a hassle to have extra unnecessary cables.

Soldato
I'd like a USB-C on the entire Apple Lineup just so that I could have one cable for everything, but that's it. I don't see any other downsides to Lightning, I don't use anything else other than USB-C and Lightning now.

Soldato
when its comes to an individual product, there isnt exactly a huge difference in the cable outside of potentially just faster charging? Its mainly just the fact that pretty much every product now comes with USB-C outside of apple, so its a hassle to have extra unnecessary cables.

The only device I have that required USB-C was my WF1000XM3s but I gave them away so I don't actually own any thing using that connection. In my case, that is an unnecessary cable as I've built up lots of lightning cables over the years

Commissario
Oh OK, so there's nothing actually wrong with it except that it's a different cable to USB-C. I think the only USB-C device I have is my laptop and I have chargers in the two places I use it indoors and keep one in my travel bag.Just offering an

Oh and the HomePod mini but that shares a power block in my office with the MBA.

For me, lightning is better due to the number of cables/chargers I already have.

Just offering an alternative view :D

Associate
I get the argument for going USB C as I expected/wanted them to go with it with the Pro line, but Apple are clearly going portless with the phones in the next year or so, so no point in worrying about it now.

Soldato
I'm fine with a portless iPhone for the most part. It didn't bother me at all until I realised I wouldn't be able to use CarPlay! As long as there is a solution in place for that, I'm ready for no ports.

Soldato
Oh OK, so there's nothing actually wrong with it except that it's a different cable to USB-C. I think the only USB-C device I have is my laptop and I have chargers in the two places I use it indoors and keep one in my travel bag.Just offering an

Oh and the HomePod mini but that shares a power block in my office with the MBA.

For me, lightning is better due to the number of cables/chargers I already have.

That's the thing, the cable as a charging cable is no different. I think it's perhaps a little bit more flimsy due to the size of the connector but I have zero evidence to back that up, other than when I'm broken them due to my own carelessness. Purely for my minimalism aesthetic give me 1 cable to rule them all.

Benefits for me as more around I have USB-C cables on the desk, I probably still have multiple lightning cables from stuff like the Trackpad I don't use anymore, the Phone boxes etc. Benefits on the higher spec devices such as Mac's/iPads are the USB-C are more functional with stuff like Data/Video/Power all in one.

I've never looked into it, but I imagine the USB-C is more expensive to implement and a bigger connection overall?

Soldato

Imo The only reason lightning is better is that they tend not to have as many bad cables - where as there are a few vendors that have made mistakes with usb c.

Other than that, usb c collects less dust, it’s more robust, the terminals don’t corrode/deteriorate like lightning, it can charge faster and transmit data faster, if everything goes to usb c, which imo it should, one usb c to usb c cable would do everything. They went this way with the MacBook for a reason. I think the only reason they’re not going to usb c for the phone is because they’re going to drop the connection altogether so it’s better annoying people once.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

yeah im not disagreeing with what other people require, but for me (and for most people who dont only ever buy apple products and nothing else) lightning has little or no use in 2020

Back
Top Bottom