** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
It’s that time again.

Here is my latest list and where I think RE Village will slot in.

1- Resident Evil Remake
2- Resident Evil 2
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil
5- Resident Evil 3
6- Resident Evil 2 Remake
7- Resident Evil 0
8- Resident Evil 3 Remake
9- Resident Evil Village
10-Resident Evil 4
11- Resident Evil 7
12- Resident Evil 5
13- Resident Evil: Revelations
14- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
15- Resident Evil 6

The highest I recon it can go based on what I have seen so far is position 7. But you never know. It could also end up is position 12.

Soldato
I liked every single one apart from number 3 remake.

Didn't like the on rails 4 hour campaign bs.

Favourites are like 1,2,4,5,7. I know 4 and 5 were not exactly horror but I really liked the custom guns on 4 and the coop on 5, also number 5 was one of the best looking Xbox 360 games.

I think number 1 on PlayStation 1 will always be special to me because it was the game I first played on PlayStation 1.

The biggest let down of number 7 was the fact they sold the rights to Sony for the VR version and I had a rift setup and the game.

Hopefully this one will have HDR again, I think all capcom games do now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I liked every single one apart from number 3 remake.

Didn't like the on rails 4 hour campaign bs.

Favourites are like 1,2,4,5,7. I know 4 and 5 were not exactly horror but I really liked the custom guns on 4 and the coop on 5, also number 5 was one of the best looking Xbox 360 games.

I think number 1 on PlayStation 1 will always be special to me because it was the game I first played on PlayStation 1.

The biggest let down of number 7 was the fact they sold the rights to Sony for the VR version and I had a rift setup and the game.

Hopefully this one will have HDR again, I think all capcom games do now.
I liked 3 remake, certainly much better than RE5 and 6. But I agree I did not like that it was so on rails and action oriented. If it was exactly like the original but with things added like the original remake then I would have rated it a lot better. They messed up nemesis. They should have had him pop up randomly throughout the game at different times and none of the cut scene rubbish.

Soldato
Anyone done the demo yet? Mine is downloading.

Yeah but I'm slightly disappointed as it seems very similar to resident evil 7 on PS4 only more simplified. Hopefully the final game will add more features.

Maybe it's less noticeable because it's dark but the graphics on PS5 at first glance don't appear much better than the previous PS4 game either?

The multiplayer part of the game sounds interesting though.

Soldato
I liked 3 remake, certainly much better than RE5 and 6. But I agree I did not like that it was so on rails and action oriented. If it was exactly like the original but with things added like the original remake then I would have rated it a lot better. They messed up nemesis. They should have had him pop up randomly throughout the game at different times and none of the cut scene rubbish.

The other thing that bothered me about 3 remake was it had worse textures and animations than 2 renake yet used the same assets.

I hope this new one isn't actually a downgrade from 7.

I will buy day 1 what ever happens for the hype and because I'm sat at home with nothing to do.

Associate
I am looking forward to this greatly, but unfortunately my 1080ti [gaming trio non x version] is getting increasingly flaky, cannot justify the outlay for another 1080ti as the second hand prices have gone mental, and 3070/3080 far too much monies at the moment. Time to reapply thermal paste and new thermal pads me thinks, but its not getting too hot [high 60's] it just down clocks real low after a while so who knows

Soldato
"Also, thank you for applying to participate in the Resident Evil Re:Verse closed beta test for Ambassadors only!

We’re pleased to announce that you have been chosen from many applicants to participate!"

Goes live 28 Jan.

Soldato
I am looking forward to this greatly, but unfortunately my 1080ti [gaming trio non x version] is getting increasingly flaky, cannot justify the outlay for another 1080ti as the second hand prices have gone mental, and 3070/3080 far too much monies at the moment. Time to reapply thermal paste and new thermal pads me thinks, but its not getting too hot [high 60's] it just down clocks real low after a while so who knows

The founders edition models are still RRP, there is still people getting hold of them when they drop every couple of weeks but it does require effort and patience. you need part alert programs to let you know when it's in stock and a bot for the fast checkout.

Worth the effort to get one at RRP, especially when you can sell your 1080ti for such high price.

Associate
Can't find anything to state otherwise.

Had a play of the demo, it was nice to be in a mansion, few good jump scares, stunning graphics.
But still not sure about it, if it reviews well I will jump in day one. Could go either way I think.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
£37.99 on CDKeys. Was hoping for it to be a bit cheaper. Will see how I get along with other games and if it takes my fancy closer to the date.

Back
Top Bottom