** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Resident Evil 2 remake was great
It was good. I enjoyed it a lot. But still felt let down. They could have done more to improve it. As a small example, if you remember in the original you had the choice to take the equipment slot expansion bag and a machine gun and it would ask you, do you want to leave this for Clair or vice versa. Things like that were cool. Things on playthough impacting the other.

Associate
It was good. I enjoyed it a lot. But still felt let down. They could have done more to improve it. As a small example, if you remember in the original you had the choice to take the equipment slot expansion bag and a machine gun and it would ask you, do you want to leave this for Clair or vice versa. Things like that were cool. Things on playthough impacting the other.
I think it was particularly good for me as I never played the original release.
The first resident evil game i played was 4 on the ps2 (one of my favourite ever games). I think I then played 5 and 6 on ps2 or 3. Then it was 7 on the ps4 before 2 and 3 remakes on PC.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I think it was particularly good for me as I never played the original release.
The first resident evil game i played was 4 on the ps2 (one of my favourite ever games). I think I then played 5 and 6 on ps2 or 3. Then it was 7 on the ps4 before 2 and 3 remakes on PC.
RE4 was like the worst of them all for me at that point. Felt like a completely different game that had Leon in it. Lol. Wish they had used it for another IP, as the game was good, just not a very good RE game imo.

Soldato
So you got it in the end ;)

Yeah as I was saying, well worth at least one play through. Enjoy.

Yeah, I'm at the point when not many new games interest me so I figured I should grab older stuff I missed for various reasons, especially when I've been having so much fun with Deus Ex HR.

Can't see me being disappointed at this price and the rest of the backlog should keep me busy till Cyberpunk lands in the bargain bin:p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I'm at the point when not many new games interest me so I figured I should grab older stuff I missed for various reasons, especially when I've been having so much fun with Deus Ex HR.

Can't see me being disappointed at this price and the rest of the backlog should keep me busy till Cyberpunk lands in the bargain bin:p
I picked up Cyberpunk for £35 for steam and it was well worth it for me. But if not playing on release at this point might as well wait a year and by then they may have add more content to it. I doubt the price will get much cheaper unless you go vpn route though.

Soldato
I picked up Cyberpunk for £35 for steam and it was well worth it for me. But if not playing on release at this point might as well wait a year and by then they may have add more content to it. I doubt the price will get much cheaper unless you go vpn route though.

Yes, I'll probably get it once they implement some missing features (hopefully) and fix things, I'm in no rush to play it now. From what I've seen and tried myself so far, the game is a few years behind when it comes to the things they hyped the most like choices, interactivity and believable AI. I can appreciate it for what it is, I think, when the price is right and the game is at least a bit closer to an actual 2020 release in terms of basic stuff.

For now, RE7 was a safer option at a fraction of the price.

In fact, I reckon RE8 will be on my list before CP but I do hope they'll work on the game and bring it closer towards what was envisaged. Having said that, I'm less than impressed by they way they handled all of this and their misleading claims.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yes, I'll probably get it once they implement some missing features (hopefully) and fix things, I'm in no rush to play it now. From what I've seen and tried myself so far, the game is a few years behind when it comes to the things they hyped the most like choices, interactivity and believable AI. I can appreciate it for what it is, I think, when the price is right and the game is at least a bit closer to an actual 2020 release in terms of basic stuff.

For now, RE7 was a safer option at a fraction of the price.

In fact, I reckon RE8 will be on my list before CP but I do hope they'll work on the game and bring it closer towards what was envisaged. Having said that, I'm less than impressed by they way they handled all of this and their misleading claims.
Yeah. For me it was a enjoyable yet disappointing kind of game. Kind of Like Deus Ex Mankind Divided where it ended in such a silly fashion and had weak characters to support Jensen.

Hopefully they will spend the time to make the game what it is was originally envisioned to be. Either that or quickly use the same city and move on to a sequel as I did enjoy it and want more.

I may replay RE7 before playing RE8. Been a while since I played it. Not that I look forward to it much, but it is a excuse to probably give it one last go as I probably won't play it ever again after that, just like RE6 :p:(

Soldato
Having my second play-through of RE7 now after my initial one back in 2017. Enough time has elapsed for me to forget most of it and have been caught with a few cracking jump scares again. Absolutely loving every minute. Man I love Resident Evil games!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
;):)

Pre-ordered from them many times. Usually either on the day or day before.
Excellent.

Can't argue with the price. I wasn't a huge fan of 7. I really liked the first half. Wasn't too keen on they heavy focus on the main baddys. Kind of felt like it was chasing farcry/Vaas with that. This does seem to be doing the same with that big lady but hopefully it's got a solid game built around it all

Back
Top Bottom