LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I'm looking to watch movies on this TV with headphones. What's the best way to do this, would I need to use some sort of amp for best sound quality?

Bluetooth headphones are a bit hit and miss due to sync issues. Anyone using wired cans?

I run it via optical output to a headphone amp (Topping Dx3 pro) optical in, and then headphones connected to it. You don't have to buy the most expensive gear going though but optical output is the cleanest and digital connection going. Still what stooeh suggested is even cheaper and better.

Should work fine wired, personally got the headphone output going to line in on back of PC (with a cheap ground loop isolator to avoid the buzz) then I just listen via PC headphones.

I had no idea such an product existed that really is quite nifty device to have, does it completely eliminate all the back ground hiss ?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I think its this device, type it in rainforest

Ground-Isolator-Neoteck-Filter-Eliminator-Black

B076J3GD74

Soldato
I think its this device, type it in rainforest

Ground-Isolator-Neoteck-Filter-Eliminator-Black

B076J3GD74

The exact one I have doesnt exist on retailer any more but it does look very similar to that and it does seem to remove all the annoying noise. I got it a while back so I could use my PC's headphones while playing on nintendo switch hooked up to a monitor.

Associate
Currently rocking an LG 55 CX and 32”Samsung G7 (the photo is my old ROG 27 144hz HDR. Took a few days to get used to, but loving it. This will become my kitchen TV and I’ll get the LG G1 for my main monitor

https://imgur.com/a/YrMOeCE
YrMOeCE

R3X

R3X

Soldato
The exact one I have doesnt exist on retailer any more but it does look very similar to that and it does seem to remove all the annoying noise. I got it a while back so I could use my PC's headphones while playing on nintendo switch hooked up to a monitor.

cheers, id imagine they all do similar good to hear it gets rid of that annoying buzz

Caporegime
Still don't trust glass, call me old fashioned :D

btw I measured the sizes of 42" vs 48" oleds

42" is Height: 20.5 inch, Width: 36.5 inch
Its not even that much smaller then the 48", still it probably would be more suitable for gamers and desk users but for movie fans who watch telly most of the time much further back you may notice that smaller screen especially if in wide screen mode.

If you can adjust for that 48" or adapt to it, perhaps its still wise.

Thats more than you think in real life. Its 3" less height and 5" less width,. The 42" is 24% smaller.

it also means the 42" has higher ppi. 105 vs 91ppi.

According to sites the difference in size means ideally you would need to sit 30cm further back from the 48" screen compared to the 42". Thats a lot.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Thats more than you think in real life. Its 3" less height and 5" less width,. The 42" is 24% smaller.

it also means the 42" has higher ppi. 105 vs 91ppi.

According to sites the difference in size means ideally you would need to sit 30cm further back from the 48" screen compared to the 42". Thats a lot.

Yes you are actually quite right on that and 30cm is a pretty big difference, id guess if 42" oled was out this thread would be 500 pages long :D

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah saw that one, but its just the pro monitor for designers/pros etc

I think vincent is right, 2nd half of 2021 or this fall Id imagine we get 42" OLED tvs which will probably be the one many go for.

Associate
42inch would be ok if you sit up close but sitting far back say for movies it will IMO look too small, I will not down grade my 55CX:D I love the big screen now:)

The 42inch might be the same price if not more than the 48inch when they first come out IMHO

Last edited:
Soldato
42inch would be ok if you sit up close but sitting far back say for movies it will IMO look too small, I will not down grade my 55CX:D I love the big screen now:)

The 42inch might be the same price if not more than the 48inch when they first come out IMHO

Still enjoying every second of my CX48 use. I'm using it for work and for gaming/movies/tv since June, did not predict it would have so much use (had hoped we'd be back in the office by now, fat chance of that!)

That said I'll be jumping on the 42" OLED as soon as it's released. I think that'll be the sweet spot, I wouldn't want to go smaller at 4K due to the PPI being too high when it comes to 32" 4k's, not my cup of tea at least.

Soldato
I'm still sussing out the headphone options. I don't want to cable to the PC line in as I sometimes don't have the PC on. Would I need to go through a headphone amp to get the best experience or can I just go TV direct to headphones?

Caporegime

You say that but we are still rocking a 43" TV in our living room.

Plus i only recline when watching movies on my pc so its not a big issue.

Caporegime
Still enjoying every second of my CX48 use. I'm using it for work and for gaming/movies/tv since June, did not predict it would have so much use (had hoped we'd be back in the office by now, fat chance of that!)

That said I'll be jumping on the 42" OLED as soon as it's released. I think that'll be the sweet spot, I wouldn't want to go smaller at 4K due to the PPI being too high when it comes to 32" 4k's, not my cup of tea at least.

ppi on 32" 4k screens is lovely and the sweet spot IMO. Its the one big downer in using the 48" LG as a pc monitor is the PPI is way too small.

Back
Top Bottom