LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I'm still sussing out the headphone options. I don't want to cable to the PC line in as I sometimes don't have the PC on. Would I need to go through a headphone amp to get the best experience or can I just go TV direct to headphones?

You could just run a headphone extension cable from the back of the CX, set the CX sound output to Audio out (line out) or wired headphones and tv speaker for both to use. Then simply attach your headphones to the headphone extension jack when you need or leave it always in if you wish.

If you want to prevent that dreadful headphone hiss then look a few post above I linked a device that cost just over a tenner from rainforest which should stop the hiss.

But sure if you have high end headphones and just want the best possible audio quality, it wont beat a dedicated headphone amp with optical input although good ones cost around £100-170. I think most will be more then happy with the above headphone extension lead and that isolator device.

Soldato
Can someone give a bit of advise on settings, trying to run cold war at 2560x1440 - but it wont run full screen, just in a window (even when set to full screen) I alt enter to go full screen and it makes no difference, any advice? Same goes if i change to any resolution other than 4k on a variety of games.

Im using a radeon 6800xt

Soldato
Can someone give a bit of advise on settings, trying to run cold war at 2560x1440 - but it wont run full screen, just in a window (even when set to full screen) I alt enter to go full screen and it makes no difference, any advice? Same goes if i change to any resolution other than 4k on a variety of games.

Im using a radeon 6800xt

Change Windows scaling to 100% (it's probably at 300%)

Soldato
Well on Nvidia there's an option in the nv control panel to set scaling mode and it would produce an output like that when set to 'no scaling' - I'm not sure if AMD have a similar settings page somewhere?

Soldato
Any confirmed working stable 4k 120hz hdmi 2.1 cables please guys? Managed to bag a 3080 so need a 3m cable to replace my old hdmi lead

Soldato
Just out of interest for nvidia users using the CX, I have VRR on in windows, in NV control panel what are the best settings for this? Vsync on or off? Do you set a max framerate etc?

Associate
You say that but we are still rocking a 43" TV in our living room.

Plus i only recline when watching movies on my pc so its not a big issue.

I don't use my PC to watch movies or stream I turn it off, I watch all my streaming services with just the oled:D also I am not too picky on ppi on my 55CX the text is just fine for me so I wouldn't downgrade to 42inch again I had a 42inch before the CX so the 13inchs makes it that much better to game on and watch movies/stream IMO:)

Some members here have a 65inch:D

Cheers @R3X
I'm not getting audio hiss from the headphones, but might pick up the isolator just in case. :)

I have the headphone setup and never use a isolator:)

I'm thinking I might upgrade my 30 monitor for one of these as I game but also watch s lot of films on my computer seems like the best option

If you want an oled it's not the same as a PC monitor and there for you must change your content also hide the taskbar, icons, leave a black screen as wallpaper, etc:D to lower the risk of a burn-in unless you take out burn-in insurance for 5 years then your fine.

Still enjoying every second of my CX48 use. I'm using it for work and for gaming/movies/tv since June, did not predict it would have so much use (had hoped we'd be back in the office by now, fat chance of that!) That said I'll be jumping on the 42" OLED as soon as it's released. I think that'll be the sweet spot, I wouldn't want to go smaller at 4K due to the PPI being too high when it comes to 32" 4k's, not my cup of tea at least.

You can have two oleds on the wall one above the other/ side by side your choice 48inch for movies/stream and the smaller 42inch for gaming on job done:D But for me I don't have that much space so can only use one oled so I choose a 55CX in the end from a 42inch LCD having used the oled for sometime now so looking back to an LCD now is ugly:)

If I had the space I would choose a 77inch oled for movies/stream and 48CX for gaming IMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom