Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
Thought I had solved my ram instability issues but had a crash in this game on the map.

The game was still up and visible but I couldn't click anything all I had was a windows mouse curser (yes whilst inside the game)

Thing is I finished off Watch Dogs Legion which was given me crashes almost every other sessions and things have been stable for a few weeks now.

So I am wondering if it was the game that crashed rather than my ram being unstable.

A quick google does show lots of people complaining that even patch 1.1.1 is still not stable.

But when you are running overclocks it's almost impossible to know if it's your overclock or the game.
I am still getting random display driver crashes from time to time in this game despite Nvidia claiming to have fixed it in the latest driver and I'm not the only one. It never crashed before the last couple of drivers, maybe you are suffering from the same problem. I have reported it to Nvidia so they know their latest driver did not fix the issue for at least some of us.

Soldato
I am still getting random display driver crashes from time to time in this game despite Nvidia claiming to have fixed it in the latest driver and I'm not the only one. It never crashed before the last couple of drivers, maybe you are suffering from the same problem. I have reported it to Nvidia so they know their latest driver did not fix the issue for at least some of us.

Ah yes, I remember now. There was a supposed 'fix' for crashes in Valhalla in the hotfix before the last full driver we received.

Found it.

[Assassin's Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]

---

Yea for now I am going to say it's an issue with Valhalla.

I can play other games no issue. I might wait on Valhalla for the next patch and Nvidia drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone playing this on a LG OLED? I've picked it up after a bit of a break and I'm still finding the HDR washed out looking.

Yup been on C9 and looks great to me. OLED light at 100, contrast at 90, brightness 50, sharpness 10. 12bit HDR 4:4:4 in Nvidia CP and in-game max luminance at 900Cd and exposure at 1. Overall image tends to be darker the washed out but the specular highlights shine through very nicely. What works for me at least.

Soldato
Anyone playing this on a LG OLED? I've picked it up after a bit of a break and I'm still finding the HDR washed out looking.

Looks great to me. The previous AC game looked washed out, Hdr on resulted in the screen look super white and faded but in Valhalla it's great.

I've recently been getting CTD with display driver crash errors only in Valhalla and I've narrowed it down and found it's being caused by HWinfo - as soon as I stop HWinfo Fromm running no more crashes

Soldato
Has anyone else got an issue with the spartan bow? Mine keeps resetting back to base stats? thought I was losing the plot, been gold as long as I remember, restart the game and drops back to red. Costs so much resources to upgrade so stopped using it anyone else seen this or got other items doing similar recently?

Soldato
I don't know what's happened but I just can't bring myself to play this game. It just seems like half of the game that Odyssey was

Almost 100 hours into it and just can't be bothered to play any more

Back
Top Bottom