Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
OP
Are those alloys chrome, or just really really clean?
Hahaha, they're chrome polished. They're a standard spec on the SRT8s and incredible worth a fair few quid especially in the states where they absolutely love them. I've got a set of 22's and originally the plan was always to swap one day when I got the SRT8... however, in the flesh they really suit the car so probably won't now and sell the 22's instead!

2917lmD.jpg

Soldato
OP
I swear your truck was red. Absolutely threw me (and a lol thrown in) when it detailed up silver. Looks cracking.
hahaha... yeah you've deffo been dreaming there matey lol. Cheers yeah, well effort now and preventative always cost less in the future so... althoughthe detailing is about maintenence and looks... lol... worth doing

Soldato
OP
Love ittt, whats the fuel economy like mate?

Didnt fancy a monaro or whatever the 4x4 version is?
Currently showing 14.9mpg lol since I've owned it lol Nope, just wanted a JEEP, owned one previously the 6 cylinder 4.0... and always wanted the daddy...

Do you plan on keeping the chrome bonnet protector?
For now yeah until I replace the bonnet with something from the states... just stops damage to the paintwork. Might take off for the summer though.

Soldato
OP
Fitted a BWoody CAI from the states... and it is awesome!!! Will get some piccies in the daylight now it's fully in but didn't have time. So, specs on this are (and by all accounts from our stateside friends these are accurate!)...

Flowbench results:
Results as follows:
OEM intake w/oem filter = 799.5 cfm
OEM intake w/K&N drop in = 815.7 cfm
4" BWoody CAI = 1147.6 cfm
Flowbench results showed a whopping 348.1 cfm increase over the OEM air box!!
(Largest gains will be achieved with the 90mm throttle body.)

Dyno results:
Our intake was tested against the OEM intake and gained a whopping 18.7 WHP!

5fUPKHZ.jpg

qHk1O9u.jpg

Soldato
You know lockdown is getting to you when you order some custom cup holder bases...

cZl4nuU.jpg

JBHaSM0.jpg

sNJkP71.jpg
Sorry but I'm getting triggered at the different sizes:p. On a tangent I don't think I've ever used cup holders for a drink in the 18 years I've been driving (apart from when taking my clean travel mug into work:D). The SRT one looks like it could be tricky to twist if it went in cockeyed.

Soldato
OP
Sorry but I'm getting triggered at the different sizes:p. On a tangent I don't think I've ever used cup holders for a drink in the 18 years I've been driving (apart from when taking my clean travel mug into work:D). The SRT one looks like it could be tricky to twist if it went in cockeyed.
|hahaha, yeah it wasn't until I'd ordered I realised they were slightly different. It's good actually as it caters for different cup sizes and I do use them BUT yeah from an OCD and symetry point of view... it does make me twitch as well lol.

Fair play.. their is no replacement for displacement..

I'm a big kid and would love a V8 just for the sound..
Yep, I've owned 4 cyinlder injection and carbs, 2.0ltr V6, 2.3ltr V6 super charged, 2.8ltr V6, Rotary Wankel, 4.0ltr Straight Six and weirdly in 25 years of driving never owned a V8 until now and it's amazing. It's just got so much soul when driving, the HEMI is one of lifes great motors... I've fallen in love with this thing!!!

Soldato
OP
Currently getting a custom tune from the States and the first iteration is now installed and wow, the throttle response is so much better and it seems to pull better, so much so, I did a cheeky run coming back from the dump this morning just to see... and posted this :) Got to be happy with this when moving 2.2 tones of steel :)

Fastest 0-60 time I've done and I reckon I can with some more tweaking hit 4.4s with the perfect launch and some more honing on the tune. This thing pulls!!!

upY2pdr.jpg

Soldato
OP
It's awesome, love this thread!
Cheers man appreciated, looks better in the flesh as well lol. I get some people just don't like them and they're an aquired taste, but just being in something so big and yet goes like stink, it really does put a smile on my face. I do like to be different hahaha

That’s gonna surprise a lot of people at the traffic lights! :D

Great stuff!
Yeah it does, it even shocks me and I've owned this a fair few weeks now, but from the lights yeah, it just goes boom. God knows how those TrackHawks feel with their 700bhp... I'll be happy with 600bhp with this one so that's my target as I want 100% reliability not worrying about pushing too far!

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers man appreciated, looks better in the flesh as well lol. I get some people just don't like them and they're an aquired taste, but just being in something so big and yet goes like stink, it really does put a smile on my face. I do like to be different hahaha

Yeah it does, it even shocks me and I've owned this a fair few weeks now, but from the lights yeah, it just goes boom. God knows how those TrackHawks feel with their 700bhp... I'll be happy with 600bhp with this one so that's my target as I want 100% reliability not worrying about pushing too far!
They'll be fine until it comes to a corner or roundabout (things almost unheard of in america).

Soldato
Pug.
I really do envy you -I have been a big block V8 man since I was 16 but never been able to get anywhere near buying one.

A few months after we got married I took her to Santa Pod - Now this was in about 1973/4 and it was weekend the American dragsters came over -We saw Don Garllits -Paula Murphy -E J Potter on his V8 Bike and loads more US dragsters.
I remember us standing on the edge of the access road and when they came down to the track these big V8 were rumbling past and your whole chest vibrated - Wife was also hooked on V8 after that. The UK dragsters were powered by turbo charged ford 4 cylinder engines or Jag straight sixes. - It was like another world.

A work mate was also a drag racer - He had a Red Ford Consul 375 and Had a big block in it - He and his wife went for holiday in US and when they finished he threw everything away and bought two large suitcases from Walmart - He had ordered conrods-pistons-cam-followers and heads- valves etc and packed them up - after paying import duty and Vat he had saved well over £1k this is also going back 20+yrs.

Doesn't time fly.

Soldato
OP
Pug.
I really do envy you -I have been a big block V8 man since I was 16 but never been able to get anywhere near buying one.

A few months after we got married I took her to Santa Pod - Now this was in about 1973/4 and it was weekend the American dragsters came over -We saw Don Garllits -Paula Murphy -E J Potter on his V8 Bike and loads more US dragsters.
I remember us standing on the edge of the access road and when they came down to the track these big V8 were rumbling past and your whole chest vibrated - Wife was also hooked on V8 after that. The UK dragsters were powered by turbo charged ford 4 cylinder engines or Jag straight sixes. - It was like another world.

A work mate was also a drag racer - He had a Red Ford Consul 375 and Had a big block in it - He and his wife went for holiday in US and when they finished he threw everything away and bought two large suitcases from Walmart - He had ordered conrods-pistons-cam-followers and heads- valves etc and packed them up - after paying import duty and Vat he had saved well over £1k this is also going back 20+yrs.

Doesn't time fly.
Yeah have to admit, as sad as it is, always wanted a V8 myself and this is my first. BUT, it was only going to be one of two V8s, either the TVR Cerbera V8 or the HEMI and this HEMI just sounds soooooo american... no one does a V8 like the yanks for me. Well happy, so as long as this SRT proves reliable which ultimatley is what we all want... he will get the love hahaha.

So now on my 2nd tune and running in then I'll be data logging again and send off. Running sweet as a nut now and taking advantage of this CAI.

Back
Top Bottom