• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The promos are usually there as an incentive to buy Nvidia cards, with demand being so high they don't need to worry.

Nvidia usually show current promos on their website, if there isn’t one there then it’s highly unlikely there is one.
I wonder if Nvidea was holding all these codes, wondering why they were nit being claimed. Meanwhile, GPU miners with free games...: "meh!"

Associate
I thought that would be the case, but i also thought that Nvidia would have a different offer on at the time and it would ship with another code. Wishful thinking lol. Can anyone confirm who has had a recent card delivered?
I started a thread in the customer support section of the forums and OCUK sorted me a code for the latest COD. Its down to Nvidia though, as you redeem via the Geforce Experience App

Associate
Like what is actually going on, iv been patient been waiting since position 800+. Have Asus just stopped making cards or something it's been weeks since I moved up the queue other than what has obviously been from cancellation (like 2 or 3 at a time) is there an alternative card 3080 or 3090 that I can be offered that has better stock supplies? I'm currently waiting in position 198 or something on a 3080 ROG Strix OC but this is getting silly do I have any other options to get one at all from you guys? Sorry if I'm sounding short but I just need a vent iv been waiting since September (I think? It's been soo long )

Man of Honour
Like what is actually going on, iv been patient been waiting since position 800+.

Join the club? :)

Try reading the thread a few pages back and it will become obvious. Or just read some tech news and find out about the chip shortages.

Also check Gibbo's thread on delivery updates here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34627839

Have Asus just stopped making cards or something

No

it's been weeks since I moved up the queue other than what has obviously been from cancellation (like 2 or 3 at a time)

Yes, thats quite normal in this situation.

is there an alternative card 3080 or 3090 that I can be offered that has better stock supplies?

No, unless you are very lucky and Gibbo decides that the card slightly better than yours has an empty queue and out of the goodness of his heart starts supplying the next level down with what comes in.

I'm currently waiting in position 198 or something on a 3080 ROG Strix OC but this is getting silly do I have any other options to get one at all from you guys?

Not really, see above, or spend an hour or so reading through this thread.

The only other option you have is to cancel and get your money back, which you have had the option to do since shortly after the orders were placed and everyone realised that Nvidia wasn't going to be able to keep up with supply.

There is some info on how to do that here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cpu-gpu-pre-order-update

Sorry if I'm sounding short but I just need a vent iv been waiting since September (I think? It's been soo long )

Again, I commiserate with your situation, but like thousands of others here and in in queues at other companies, we are all in the same boat/club/whatever.

Associate
I'm still puzzled as to why the Asus TUF OC 3080 ship rate hasn't gone back up to the 100 per week or so that it was before Chinese New Year.
Either something has happened in the factory (component shortage?), or the stock is going somewhere else.

Associate
I'm still puzzled as to why the Asus TUF OC 3080 ship rate hasn't gone back up to the 100 per week or so that it was before Chinese New Year.
Either something has happened in the factory (component shortage?), or the stock is going somewhere else.
I mean I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Some cards haven’t been seen in months, asus is pretty good at getting cards out but it seems the chip shortage has finally reached them too.

Associate

‘Just my opinion, and not fact’ but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nvidia have told them to switch production to 3080Ti cards, if the rumours of them releasing in April/May are to be believed.

If I am correct though, can I have my GPU please :rolleyes::D

Associate
‘Just my opinion, and not fact’ but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nvidia have told them to switch production to 3080Ti cards, if the rumours of them releasing in April/May are to be believed.

If I am correct though, can I have my GPU please :rolleyes::D
I was thinking the same a while back, it makes sense for them. If they avoid another paper launch it’ll be good business... but rubbish for the customers that have already been waiting 6months for the previous generation card

Associate
was there a drop of 3070s just now?

Showed 10+ Zotac cards for all of about 1/2 second. As soon as I added to basket they were all gone. I have a 3070 on back order so hopefully this means that they have had a delivery and mine may be sent out soon, different make though.

So much for letting us know beforehand so we can order before the bots get them all!!

Back
Top Bottom