• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

If there is a RTX 3080 Ti coming out is there a way to pay the extra and wait in line for that instead? There is a small chance i think that i might be able to get one from somebody who knows somebody who is an Nvidia partner near where I live and that is the only thing giving me any hope right now of seeing a card this year.

Was you one of them? Only reason I ask is because one of the upgraded ones had your name, so either you have a duplicate or it was you. :)

I am doing everything I can to help people with their 3080 back orders, we lose about £150 per card on those and the next batch of Suprim's have gone up in price again so when they land (few days) we will lose £200 per card but I shall upgrade more Gaming Trio to get the orders out.

Were not seeing any other 3080 shipments though, in fact all shipments have taken a hit, even 3070 and 3060 has dried up, its getting worse, not better. :(
It was my name you saw. I was position 11. I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am after a very long wait. Thank you to all at ocuk who have worked with us all to help us all get cards quicker.

We do not do a headsup any more, to many forum members here go and post on other sites and discord about the heads up, making things worse.
We did several drops on and off, those who ordered a 3070 will all get one apart from those who ordered the Palit 3070 Gaming Pro OC, those have oversold by around 150 cards, we have 10 due next week and some more next month, those who do not wish to wait should request a refund.
Oh thats fair, makes sense, hopefully you guys can figure out the bot issue so at least us humans have a chance when they do come online ahah, hows supply looking on the asus cards atm? theyre the ones i really want

This is what Linus thinks about supply issues.

Apparently we are the problem. Demand is driving the market.
I mean I understand what he was saying but that’s not the only issue... manufacturers obviously underestimated the demand and there physically isn’t enough chips to satisfy the market. However... miners have slowed the recovery down, COVID has slowed manufacturing down and leaving the EU definitely impacted UK customers (I’m unsure of the current issues with the last point if any). For those that didn’t see the video, there are only two companies that produce these chips and both are working at 100%, due to current demands there just isn’t enough to go around and there is nothing that can be done for now. I would highly recommend watching the video if you have the time, seeing one of the internets favourite tech expert talk about the situation might be useful!

Congrats to those who got the suprim X upgrade :) pretty painful for ocuk though!

I've read that MSI have five new 3080 models in production. Seems strange, but anyway it's MSI, not the first strange thing they've done... but with a cheaper Suprim SE model, Gaming Z, updated Gaming X and two more Trio non x models apparently on the way, things might get a little easier for the MSI queue's, and hopefully a little cheaper for OCUK too with some alternatives other than the SuprimX. Probably not, but we can hope.

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone advise? if the free game was Watchdogs Legion that was free with the 3080, will that game change to a more up to date game when we get our card?
Back in December when I got my card from OCUK the watchdog promo ended. So I asked the powers that be, and I was given COD black ops cold war code instead.

Hi all new poster here, but long in the TUF 3080 OC since 02 Oct.

My order timeline for those who are interested:

09/10/2020 - 837
16/10/2020 - 801
23/10/2020 - 760
30/10/2020 - 683
06/11/2020 - 639
13/11/2020 - 568
20/11/2020 - 547
27/11/2020 - 406
04/12/2020 - 398
11/12/2020 - 392
18/12/2020 - 295
25/12/2020 - 237
01/01/2021 - 237
08/01/2021 - 150
15/01/2021 - 149
22/01/2021 - 148
29/01/2021 - 145
05/02/2021 - 129
12/02/2021 - 109
19/02/2021 - 108
26/02/2021 - 108
05/03/2021 - 46
12/03/2021 - 45
19/03/2021 - 37

Thought it worth noting that I've seen OCUK ads for 30 series cards come up in my FB feed that link straight to the hidden place for cards on the site. I suspect that it was just personal advertising based on my history, but thought it was worth flagging in case it was wider.

Otherwise Just to say like everyone else it's been a long wait. Totally accept OCUK are in a difficult position and trying to do the best they can by us.

By way of history I'm one of those dudes who get a new rig every 5-6 years and then doesn't upgrade it until the next one. I had a lot of personal **** happen to me last year and with lockdown thought I'd stretch to a 3080 (bit of a leap from my 770) and have a more suped up card for once. So I ordered my card naively hoping it would turn up before Christmas or at least early in the new year and then after a while ordered all the parts for my new PC, which is now fully assembled. Sans new graphics card of course. Since then after 7 years my 770 folded and motherboard graphics it has been for me ever since. As a side effect of this I've now finally got my head around Project Zomboid and have become a mean Streets of Rage 4 player. Still being 37 in the queue does leave me hopeful that my wait will be over in the next 4-5 weeks, but I count my blessings in the sense that at least I've been fortunate in being in a queue that moves. Guess picking mainstream does pay off sometimes :/

I’m sorry if I’m stepping out of line but I thought I’d ask. the upgrades for the msi customers seem a bit unfair in my opinion, some queue such as EVGA and Palit have had near to no movement in months. I was wondering why those people that ordered earlier aren’t getting the upgrades? I understand that it’s the same brand and all but still... it’s a different card and some customers might be waiting for a card they ordered at 3pm on launch whilst people that ordered later are getting the upgrades. I’m not asking for myself (the EAGLE queue has moved a fair amount since launch) I’m asking for the people that literally haven’t moved in months. @ScottiB @Gibbo i would appreciate an answer no matter what

As time goes on I only get more concerned about the Eagle to be honest. Out of sheer curiosity I shot an email at Gigabyte themselves, they told me pretty much what we already know;
The chipset supply is too slow to meet the market demand. This model is in slow production
I understand why that particular model is low priority for them, but it still sucks to in all likelihood be the very last ones waiting (those who bought entry level cards, that is)

As time goes on I only get more concerned about the Eagle to be honest. Out of sheer curiosity I shot an email at Gigabyte themselves, they told me pretty much what we already know;

I understand why that particular model is low priority for them, but it still sucks to in all likelihood be the very last ones waiting (those who bought entry level cards, that is)
As rubbish as it is... look on the bright side! There are much less back orders for other gigabyte cards so eagle customers might get upgraded just like the msi customers

Thought it worth noting that I've seen OCUK ads for 30 series cards come up in my FB feed that link straight to the hidden place for cards on the site. I suspect that it was just personal advertising based on my history, but thought it was worth flagging in case it was wider.

Hidden part of the site? So let me get this straight, I'm sat in a queue along with others since start of November and other people since before that and there's cards coming into stock for other SKU's but they are being hidden from the people who already paid for the pre-orders? Sounds a bit unfair. Or you mean the ad's link to the page and it's still out of stock? Because that would make me less angry. I get the bot thing etc but where's our link for it? I got nothing but apparently randoms on Facebook are getting them? lol

Hidden part of the site? So let me get this straight, I'm sat in a queue along with others since start of November and other people since before that and there's cards coming into stock for other SKU's but they are being hidden from the people who already paid for the pre-orders? Sounds a bit unfair. Or you mean the ad's link to the page and it's still out of stock? Because that would make me less angry. I get the bot thing etc but where's our link for it? I got nothing but apparently randoms on Facebook are getting them? lol

No 3080s were sold there. It was for some 3070's and a few AMD cards.

Gibbo posted in quite a few threads that it was happening to try give forum members a fighting chance. They were only up for a few minutes to not oversell. This was probably 2 or 3 weeks ago and have since been moved back to the normal place.
Ah ok , now i get what he was talking about earlier on here about not helping people out anymore for mentioning it on other sites and i never even knew it happened to begin with. People always got to ruin it for others.

Back
Top Bottom