• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PUBLIC FORUM DEAL - SAPPHIRE 6700 XT NITRO ONLY £529.99 with VOUCHER CODE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Best way, just do it as you've done today and drop it without any notification. It's the best way combined with the voucher code, it won't surprise me if more retailers start doing this though i know of none that are actually selling anything near MSRP right now unlike ocuk has done... TWICE now so well done guys.
I know of a big online retailer that done the 6700 by email order only.

Associate
6900 XT cost way more than MSRP to buy in now, people need to realise MSRP's are totally miss leading! Find a single AMD card at MSRP, you won't.
That's why I was refering to it as this card will serve its purpose to me for a long time yet, certainly until such times as the demand / market changes, when that happens this card will end up in my sons gaming machine for sure.

I understand the current MSRP being misleading from the manufacturers side of things and I always wondered how they could even be legitimate pricing models from the get go, especially considering the leap from previous gen cards

OcUK Staff
OP
Best way, just do it as you've done today and drop it without any notification. It's the best way combined with the voucher code, it won't surprise me if more retailers start doing this though i know of none that are actually selling anything near MSRP right now unlike ocuk has done... TWICE now so well done guys.

This is our third deal, first was an overclocked 3060 at £359 (£600 elsewhere), then Fighter at £449 (£600 elsewhere) and then this one today which is £650-800 elsewhere.

Associate
bugger just missed out had one in my basket and would not accept code, went back to main page and sold out, oh well maybe next time :D

Soldato
£629 would be a fair price to list them online in current climate, but I will be honest if I did list them online the usual ways we would probably price them around £650 to still not be the most expensive but at same time to try and not sell 1000 cards in 2 minutes, which is the problem, the BOTs are so fast along with people with alerts setup they order quick and will pay pretty much any price within reason. Were just trying to help members out and give something back to the forum.

Indeed, and I agree.

At least this way a few genuine folks got some cards into their hands, which is a great win for them and a great win for OCUK's rep.

Just as another though, again not trying to give you extra work but could you not do opt in mailbox, with a flyer mail sent out to those who opt in, clicking the link takes you to a hidden forum page (non-clickable link on normal forums) and that has the code in, the only requirement is to login, and put the code behind spoiler tags to make it take a bit longer, you can also then see every use who accesses that hidden forum page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom