**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
Would anyone have any recommendations for a case for the S21 Ultra that offers good grip?
I'm currently using the Spigen rugged armour but most of the back of the case is completely smooth
making the large phone difficult to hold. Even in my large hands.

I'm also finding Google Pay to be a lot more unreliable on the S21 Ultra compared to my previous handsets.
P-30 Pro and various One Plus phones. Has anyone else had issues with G pay?

Caporegime
Would anyone have any recommendations for a case for the S21 Ultra that offers good grip?
I'm currently using the Spigen rugged armour but most of the back of the case is completely smooth

I'm also finding Google Pay to be a lot more unreliable on the S21 Ultra compared to my previous handsets.

I'm using the Spigen Liquid Air and is has a textured back that is pretty grippy.

Associate

I use that very same case I love it. Have you perhaps looked into getting a popsock to go on the back of the phone or a case with one on?

Associate
Anyone using the s21 ultra and used both the 512gb with 16gb ram and 128/256GB with 12gb ram. Wondering if there is any performance boost between the 2?

Soldato
do you have a budget in mind as prices vary and deals on the various S21 models

Money isn't a problem. The reason I questioned why I might not need an S21 Ultra is because i heard its a massive sized phone. So I thought maybe its too big.

So I'm trying to weigh up the benefits of having the S21 Ultra vs its size. Do you have the Ultra? Is it oversized or just right?

nam

nam

Soldato
I recently did the amazon trade-in from S9+ to S21+ and it is perfect replacement for me the extra weight and cost for the ultra was not for worth it for me.

Money isn't a problem. The reason I questioned why I might not need an S21 Ultra is because i heard its a massive sized phone. So I thought maybe its too big.

So I'm trying to weigh up the benefits of having the S21 Ultra vs its size. Do you have the Ultra? Is it oversized or just right?

Soldato
Had my s21+ for a month now... Its my first foray into Samsung handsets. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by it compared to my 3 year old p20 pro.

I can't think of a single thing it does better than that handset.

- USB-C headphone jack I have isn't supported.
- Phone came full of bloatware. (now removed)
- Charging is archaic compared to Huawei. So. Damn. Slow.
- Camera is just poor.
- Compass doesn't align properly

I wish I'd have gone with the p40 and just worked around the lack of Google services. I've found that I am still using the p20 more than the s21, especially as that handset will let me use my USB C dongle.

Battery wise, the p20 hammers the s21+, and I never bothered to remove the bloat on that handset.

First and last Samsung handset for me. It's not a bad phone, but to offer nothing tangeable over a three year old handset is really really poor.

Soldato
Randomly despite receiving my Samsung rewards stuff about a month ago, I've just got another dispatch email from them.... Wonder if that's a mistake or I'm getting another set of headphones??

Anyone else got another dispatch email having already received theirs?

Soldato
Randomly despite receiving my Samsung rewards stuff about a month ago, I've just got another dispatch email from them.... Wonder if that's a mistake or I'm getting another set of headphones??

Anyone else got another dispatch email having already received theirs?

I vaguely remember that I did. Nothing came of it though sadly.

Edit. I remember now and it was from a different retailer. So ignore!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom