Beat saber

Associate
I've just arrived at this thread and don't have the time to go digging through it, I'd just like to know if there were any WMR users willing to share their experiences with the tracking.

Personally I've found it reliable but slightly flawed, since my resting arm position sits below my eye-line, and so the tracking sometimes takes a half second to catch up once I begin swinging.

Soldato
just thought id give my 2 cents here

not been in vr for ages, since then, Beat saber has had like 2 or 3 updates

and the Quest 2 itself has been upgraded
i now find the tracking to be spot on, im hitting the blocks every time now, my scores now show this
odd they changed the green to blue

The tracking in Beat Saber for me is getting worse. It's not just Beat Saber though. Happens in Eleven Table tennis as well. Hits not registering.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Wierdly I've also been getting duff hit registers. I don't recall an update.
On wifi6 and it was flawless before.

Soldato
Wierdly I've also been getting duff hit registers. I don't recall an update.
On wifi6 and it was flawless before.

I don't know if it's from an update or not. It's been happening to me since the middle of January. A few Weeks ago, after I got the V26 update, things improved and I thought it was fixed. And when OST 4 dropped, I was able to do the first 3 maps on Expert first time, without any problems. But since then it's got progressively worse. It's got so bad in the last week that I haven't been able to finish any map with dropping a load of notes and that's if I am lucky. Most of the time, on any Expert or Expert plus levels, I can't even get by the first 20 seconds.

Have you V27 yet?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I don't know if it's from an update or not. It's been happening to me since the middle of January. A few Weeks ago, after I got the V26 update, things improved and I thought it was fixed. And when OST 4 dropped, I was able to do the first 3 maps on Expert first time, without any problems. But since then it's got progressively worse. It's got so bad in the last week that I haven't been able to finish any map with dropping a load of notes and that's if I am lucky. Most of the time, on any Expert or Expert plus levels, I can't even get by the first 20 seconds.

Have you V27 yet?
What are these V versions? I only recognise know the v1.13.5 structure

Associate
I'm new(ish) to Q2 and BS so apologies if all of this is old news to you guys. I started to have some tracking issues (missing blocks that I was sure I hit 100% square on). A bit of research led me to some things that can make a difference. In order of what worked best for me:

1. Batteries. First off, the battery % meter on the Quest seems pretty inaccurate to me. My RH touch controller was registering as 80% and yet changing out the battery for a new one was the single biggest thing that made a difference to tracking. Also, lots of rechargeable batteries only deliver 1.2v instead of 1.5v meaning the IR LED's on the controllers may not light up as brightly leading to tracking issues (I read that second one rather than tried it myself).

2. Mirrors. Nearby mirrors can confuse tracking.

3. Lighting. The Q2 seems to like light but not bright daylight. Drawing the blinds on bright days has helped me (and also helped me avoid looking like a Muppet to the neighbours!).

4. Light interference. Not one I've experienced but I've read that some LED bulbs (including those found on fairy lights) can mess with the tracking.

5. Dirty tracking camera lenses. It's worth giving them a clean.

Soldato
I'm new(ish) to Q2 and BS so apologies if all of this is old news to you guys. I started to have some tracking issues (missing blocks that I was sure I hit 100% square on). A bit of research led me to some things that can make a difference. In order of what worked best for me:

1. Batteries. First off, the battery % meter on the Quest seems pretty inaccurate to me. My RH touch controller was registering as 80% and yet changing out the battery for a new one was the single biggest thing that made a difference to tracking. Also, lots of rechargeable batteries only deliver 1.2v instead of 1.5v meaning the IR LED's on the controllers may not light up as brightly leading to tracking issues (I read that second one rather than tried it myself).

2. Mirrors. Nearby mirrors can confuse tracking.

3. Lighting. The Q2 seems to like light but not bright daylight. Drawing the blinds on bright days has helped me (and also helped me avoid looking like a Muppet to the neighbours!).

4. Light interference. Not one I've experienced but I've read that some LED bulbs (including those found on fairy lights) can mess with the tracking.

5. Dirty tracking camera lenses. It's worth giving them a clean.

Just to add one more, turn off hand tracking. That seems to interfere with Beat Saber more than other games for some reason.

Don't forget to add us to friends so you can laugh at our scores!!

Associate
Please, please BMBF - hurry up and making a compatible version for the latest BS.

I thought the Reddit post was a bit weird... Effectively saying I'm delaying it further for every video I see on YouTube encouraging people to try the nightly / beta builds...

Am I missing something or does that out and out not make rational sense?

Caporegime
I thought the Reddit post was a bit weird... Effectively saying I'm delaying it further for every video I see on YouTube encouraging people to try the nightly / beta builds...

Am I missing something or does that out and out not make rational sense?
Fear not, a solution is here. And it works - back on 1.13.2 (my previous attempt to restore an old version on Side Quest didn't work as I hadn't backed up the apk file).

Back
Top Bottom