Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
This is super annoying
we're the products ? - good theories

Amazon order confirmations and shipment notifications no longer include any item details. I could not for the life of me figure out why they would do this. They’re not scored on MAUs, they don’t need me to click through. Then I realized: is it so Google can’t see my order data?

my guess- it’s not for google, but bc there’s email analytics cos that estimate sales of individual products based on parsing emails

Soldato
thinking further - this messes up my ability to search emails to find out what I had previously purchased and how much they were ...
how much did I pay last time I replaced my bicycle chain, or tyres.

Soldato
Had a slab of premade baby formula delivered via prime other day as couldn't find any in the shops.

Bit anxious using it now after reading up on dodgy and fake products? But baby formula should be pretty regulated/checked it hasn't come from dodgy sources? Or am I giving amazon too much credit...

Soldato
Had a slab of premade baby formula delivered via prime other day as couldn't find any in the shops.

Bit anxious using it now after reading up on dodgy and fake products? But baby formula should be pretty regulated/checked it hasn't come from dodgy sources? Or am I giving amazon too much credit...
If it’s sold by Amazon directly it’ll be fine.

Associate
So now I have a new issue come up with Amazon prime.

I ordered some stuff last week with a guaranteed delivery date of Saturday 15th.

Doesn't turn up and I simply think that's fine cos weekend deliveries are mostly hit or miss so wait until Monday.

Doesn't turn up on Monday so I check my account ...

'We are sorry your item is running late, if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow the 18th, we will refund it. Items may still arrive after being refunded'.

So it doesn't arrive on Tuesday either so I click the button to ask for the refund, and get an email saying it isn't accepted.

Now its actually out for delivery today, and they say if I want a refund I have to send it back, then they said on my account it was eligible for refund even if it arrives after the 18th.

Don't want to send it back, I just want what Amazon clearly advertised which was literally that if it didn't arrive by tuesday they would refund, even if it still arrives later.

Soldato
Don't want to send it back, I just want what Amazon clearly advertised which was literally that if it didn't arrive by tuesday they would refund, even if it still arrives later.
Which is what they're offering? But if it DOES arrive and you want a refund, then of course you have to send it back (or refuse delivery) :confused:

Associate
Which is what they're offering? But if it DOES arrive and you want a refund, then of course you have to send it back (or refuse delivery) :confused:

So what is the recompense for missing a 'guaranteed delivery' by 6 days?

The refund button that came up on Tuesday was based on the delivery guarantee, not for simply not wanting the item. Its only £16 worth anyway.

The issue is with the Amazon Prime 'guaranteed delivery', not with the item itself.

They should be able to claim the value of the item back from Royal Mail for taking 6 days to deliver a 24 hour tracked item?

Soldato
So what is the recompense for missing a 'guaranteed delivery' by 6 days?
The recompense is a refund. The refund button gives you the opportunity to basically cancel the order if you're not happy with the delivery timescale.

Maybe if you get in touch with CS, they'll give you a free month of prime, that's your best bet IMO.

Associate
The recompense is a refund. The refund button gives you the opportunity to basically cancel the order if you're not happy with the delivery timescale.

Maybe if you get in touch with CS, they'll give you a free month of prime, that's your best bet IMO.

No actually I was right the first time.

I called and spoke to a second person and mentioned that the item had been sent on royal mail tracked 24 but was 6 days late, and based on that they would be able to get it refunded by Royal Mail's delivery guarantee.

Item is still refunded as before, and I no longer have to return it, as Royal Mail are responsible for compensating Amazon for taking 6 days to deliver a tracked 24 hour item.

Soldato
Has anybody bought from Amazon Warehouse?
I've seen an £189 gizmo for £127 and it says box may be damaged, I presume that means it has been opened?
It could be anything from a sensible return to someone playing the fool and swapping a faulty one in.

It is Amazon though, so you have absolutely nothing to lose (return it). It could even be brand new and they just aren't allowed to discount the RRP so bung it into warehouse and say its open box...

Soldato
No actually I was right the first time.

I called and spoke to a second person and mentioned that the item had been sent on royal mail tracked 24 but was 6 days late, and based on that they would be able to get it refunded by Royal Mail's delivery guarantee.

Item is still refunded as before, and I no longer have to return it, as Royal Mail are responsible for compensating Amazon for taking 6 days to deliver a tracked 24 hour item.
Exactly, so you got the refund and won't get the item (because Royal Mail will return it if/when they find it).

Associate
Exactly, so you got the refund and won't get the item (because Royal Mail will return it if/when they find it).

Except the latter doesn't happen, it literally said - 'item may still be delivered after refunded' under the 'sorry its running late' info, it normally still turns up just late.

If they did want to make sure of returning it themselves, they could have processed the late delivery request when I clicked for it at the end of tuesday giving them 2 days to get it back from Royal Mail.

The second person on the phone fully agreed and said 'if it does turn up today you can just keep it and the refund and not send it back'.

'Guaranteed delivery' means its guaranteed to arrive by that date, or at most within two working days after under Amazon's own Prime delivery policy. If its more than two days late they advertise and offer a refund, regardless of if the item still turns up later or not. You can't go advertising such a refund policy and then not offer it.

Similar to how Asda offer a refund AND replacement if you are unhappy with any of their products. This isnt a legal requirement but they offer it to try and 1 up the competition, but then if you try to go to an Asda store, most of the employees don't know about it and still try to offer a refund OR replacement instead of both.

If you clearly advertise such a policy you have to deliver it.

Permabanned
i ordered multiple times everyday from the big river must say they never get anything wrong for me, the above yes amazon warehouse can work out but sometimes you may not get what you ordered :)

Associate
i ordered multiple times everyday from the big river must say they never get anything wrong for me, the above yes amazon warehouse can work out but sometimes you may not get what you ordered :)

The fault lies with Amazon's 'guaranteed prime delivery day', and then picking a delivery service that is not guaranteed for that.

Even if they pick tracked 24, Royal Mail just said that's not a guaranteed next day service and it can still take longer. If Amazon actually want to guarantee next day delivery they need to use special delivery or DPD.

Remember people pay £80 a year for this 'privilege', so if they guarantee next / specific day then it had better arrive on that day. At the least they expect you to wait two additional days if an item doesn't arrive, but any longer than that and they advertise a full refund whether it still turns up later or not.

Back
Top Bottom