• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Oof, imagine being so inept that you can't sell products on your website because your e-commerce platform is garbage and you've done nothing to improve its capabilities in over 6 months since it was first evident this was a problem.

People in charge of the development at ocuk should be embarrassed.

Associate
Man I have a 1080ti and I skipped the 2080 and 3080 launches because the 1080ti was doing just fine. But now it is struggling to max out newer games at 3440x1440 so I was really relying on this 3080ti, literally been planning to purchase this upgrade for the last 2 years but low and behold it all went to **** instead. I've not even seen an 'add to cart' button or been able to pre order or join a queue or anything. Genuine gamers are really getting shafted right now.

Associate
Spent a whole hour trying, never a buy button.

Exactly the same here. Had the page refreshing from 1.45 through now and never saw a buy button. I think I found how people were adding them to baskets without the buy button on the product page.

I'm looking forward to seeing if OCUK can make them available to genuine buyers. I do wonder if orders placed too quickly to be by a person could catch bots out by then blocking those orders.. Or a captcha every stage of the purchase you go through. As a loyal customer for over 10 years with few forum posts I hope post counts isn't a barrier for entry (obviously I'm biased though).

Associate
Man I have a 1080ti and I skipped the 2080 and 3080 launches because the 1080ti was doing just fine. But now it is struggling to max out newer games at 3440x1440 so I was really relying on this 3080ti, literally been planning to purchase this upgrade for the last 2 years but low and behold it all went to **** instead. I've not even seen an 'add to cart' button or been able to pre order or join a queue or anything. Genuine gamers are really getting shafted right now.

Feeling ya there buddy, I'm still stuck on my 1080ti I purchased from OCUK back in Nov 2017, and it's been the best card i've ever used, but the fundamental lack of things it has on the Ray-Tracing and DLSS 2.0 that can be useful now, is becoming an issue.

Associate
I think you just need to try to reward 'genuine people' not loyal people. So for the most part the forum users here aren't in it to scalp.
Exactly. If I'd have to guess, 'loyal' probably first means someone still actively in a 30XX queue willing to pay for their card, possibly including anyone who has their forum account linked to their shop account. Those still sitting in a queue since purchase are almost certainly not going to be a bot, and genuinely someone patient enough to wait to game on the GPU they eventually get. Then again, I'm saying these things to manifest them into being because I surprisingly fit in that category :D

But that is pure speculation, and as Scotti said they're still figuring that out. I guess it pays to be vigilant on the forums for a post about it next week or beyond.

Associate
Not true, sorry for any confusion. Since we know that we can't trust our website to manage the traffic currently we decided to follow the same process that we've followed for the last few graphics card launches. List the cards, don't sell.

We aren't selling the cards currently, at all, we are working on a way to best serve our loyal customer base and we'll hopefully be in a position to do something next week.

The sales guys were all under instruction to say "no we can't sell you a Ti today" but it's our fault that we didn't explain it clearly enough to them why.

Also, before anyone says 'but you've got systems available with Ti in'...correct. I was given a grand total of about 30 units across four models by my closest SI partners. This is a LOT less than the retail allocation received so far.

For anybody who thinks we're wrong for doing this, the information from our ecommerce director is that in the last hour 96% of the traffic on our site was from "bots". Had we actually put the cards on sale, there's almost no chance that genuine customers would have been able to buy.
Hopefully 'loyal' includes people who don't spend too frequently. I just checked and my first OCUK order was 10yrs ago. I just upgrade every few years, and would really like a 3080 Ti! I normally wouldn't even bother reading forums or anything for hardware like this, but the situation is so crazy.

Associate
Feeling ya there buddy, I'm still stuck on my 1080ti I purchased from OCUK back in Nov 2017, and it's been the best card i've ever used, but the fundamental lack of things it has on the Ray-Tracing and DLSS 2.0 that can be useful now, is becoming an issue.
Exactly, this whole nonsense could pretty much spell the end of having a PC gaming hobby for some of us.

Associate
Not true, sorry for any confusion. Since we know that we can't trust our website to manage the traffic currently we decided to follow the same process that we've followed for the last few graphics card launches. List the cards, don't sell.

We aren't selling the cards currently, at all, we are working on a way to best serve our loyal customer base and we'll hopefully be in a position to do something next week.

The sales guys were all under instruction to say "no we can't sell you a Ti today" but it's our fault that we didn't explain it clearly enough to them why.

Also, before anyone says 'but you've got systems available with Ti in'...correct. I was given a grand total of about 30 units across four models by my closest SI partners. This is a LOT less than the retail allocation received so far.

For anybody who thinks we're wrong for doing this, the information from our ecommerce director is that in the last hour 96% of the traffic on our site was from "bots". Had we actually put the cards on sale, there's almost no chance that genuine customers would have been able to buy.

It sounds like the only thing that could have been done, bots will always find a way through. They always do.

I just hope that when you say, "best serve our loyal customer base", that you're able to use the preorder queue system into account somehow :)

That being said I've waited this long to get a 3080/3080 ti what's an extra week or two.

Thanks for everything you've done to keep people informed.

Associate

Likewise, been on 1080ti since sept 2017, thinking only chance of me getting a 3080ti now is buying whole new pre built system assuming some cards are reserved for these.

I could justify a new build as still rocking 5820k system back from 2015. So awaiting to see what OCUK are offering in this space.

Associate
Bah what mess of a launch. I'm going to dub it a molecule launch because its thinner then paper and without proper instrumentation you ain't going to be buying sheet.

Associate
But no one wants them. Like the 6700, in stock most places just gathering dust :cry:

I don't know why! An absolute cracking card, I love my Asus TUF RX6900XT, such a great card. Plays everything with all settings on ultra, can't ask for anything else really.

I take it you've never used a RX6900XT???

Back
Top Bottom