Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Soldato
Barca have offered Coutinho to Liverpool in exchange for us wiping off the 50 million Euro debt they owe to the debt collection agency.

No thanks. He pretty much forced an acrimonious transfer to Barca, he's had a serious injury recently and he's 29. Not to mention the fact he's an overrated luxury player anyway. Far too hit and miss and not enough work. We did brilliantly to get what we did for him and buy vvd and Alisson with the money. We've moved on.

Man of Honour
I'm guessing the Daka to Liverpool rumours are nonsense? I'd have assumed if he was going anywhere it would be to Leipzig.

They certainly seem to be gathering pace, I'd be very happy if it proves true, Daka was one of the players I said a while ago that I would like us to sign, he scores goals for fun.

Soldato
OP
They certainly seem to be gathering pace, I'd be very happy if it proves true, Daka was one of the players I said a while ago that I would like us to sign, he scores goals for fun.
Seems to of picked up more and generated more talk as his international manager has said he was left out to sort his future

Soldato
LOL Whilst i think this is nonsense Coutinho isnt worth 50 million anyway. Not only that but it wouldn't be in Liverpool's hand to wipe anything??
Well we'd just pay the debt on Barca's behalf...

Wouldn't want us to though, I don't see how he fits into how Klopp wants to play, or who he gets in the side over

Don
It won't happen but if the deal was right I'd take him back. He's not become a bad player over the past couple of seasons, he's just had some terrible luck with injuries and has been a victim of the madhouse that Barca have become over the last few seasons. His last 18 months for us were outrageous, averaging a non penalty goal or assist every 95 minutes in the PL and CL. If you could get a third of that output from him you'd have a player.

He's somebody that thrives on being the centre of a side though (and why he's struggled at Barca with Messi around) - he's made for a side like Spurs or Arsenal, where he'd be the main man.

Man of Honour
He's somebody that thrives on being the centre of a side though (and why he's struggled at Barca with Messi around) - he's made for a side like Spurs or Arsenal, where he'd be the main man.

I agree on the Arsenal one, I think Coutinho would do very well at Arsenal.

Man of Honour
So I think we'll finally hopefully get Sancho, after that we need a central defensive mid (who can allow Bruno and Pogba to do whatever they like), and a centre back, at the very least.

Soldato
Talk of Harvey Elliott joining Brentford on loan this season. Had a very decent time of it at Blackburn by all accounts.

Don
I'm torn on whether I want Elliott going out on loan again next season. If we can shift both Origi and Shaqiri, even assuming we sign another forward this summer, then Elliott will have opportunities to play next season. While it would be great for him to go and play regularly elsewhere, I do wonder whether staying and playing a quarter of the number of minutes but learning from players like Thiago and Salah would serve him better.

Soldato
I'm torn on whether I want Elliott going out on loan again next season. If we can shift both Origi and Shaqiri, even assuming we sign another forward this summer, then Elliott will have opportunities to play next season. While it would be great for him to go and play regularly elsewhere, I do wonder whether staying and playing a quarter of the number of minutes but learning from players like Thiago and Salah would serve him better.

Ive just remembered the Afcon aswell. Id be ok if we brought in a Daka or similar tbh but we will leave ourselves short when 2 of the front 3 go away for 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom