Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Man of Honour
There's a big gap betwen players that can go straight into the team and players for 3 years time though. Jota is probably the best example of the type of player(s) I expect us to sign this summer - somebody probably not expected to start regularly from day one but at the same time, is an able deputy who you hope/expect to grow into that regular starter. In Jota's case he hit the ground running and has shown he's capable of starting regularly which was a bonus.

If we ended the window signing another Jota type and a similar profile midfielder to somebody like Bissouma, two players that could come into the side when needed without letting anybody down but also with an eye for 1-2 years time, then I'd be happy.

And those sides have been "strengthening" every summer while we've just done our own thing and other than a mental seasons with injuries this season, we've managed to hold our own.

I would be fine with a Jota-like and someone like Bissouma, that perfectly fits my criteria of players who can go into the team right away (from the bench) , what I dont want to see is us only buying prospects to break into the team in a few years time because regardless of whether we held our own this season, I truly believe (and perhaps we will come back to quote this post at the end of next season) we'll fall behind next season if we do.

Soldato
Soldato
Sky reporting that Roma are in talks to buy Xhaka. That’s a surprising one for me, he seemed to be one of Artetas faves.

He’s improved a bit this season but ultimately him being one of our better midfielders is part of the overall problem - we need better midfielders - so if we can move him on for a decent amount and get someone better I’m all for it. Read he’s a Jose fan too so a chance to work with someone he admires.

Soldato
Chelsea going after Lukaku but I hope that's not true as I think he's a bit of a donkey, I'd rather Tammy was given a chance and we went after Bew White and Bouby Soumare.

Oh and let the 9 thousand players we have on loan either leave or be given a chance.

Soldato
Always dangerous going/ looking back (and that related to Coutinho to Liverpool as much as Ronaldo to Utd rumours - although with Pogba contract situation it might be a little different).

If Utd can (eventually) get Sancho, Verane/Torres and Saul and sell a few of the deadwood then it would be a good summer - but I suspect the board will hold things up again until Aug and basically **** it up again. Quicker they sort out the Pogba situation once and for all the better (personally think we should get shot of him any way at all - on his day he is mesmerising , but too few of those come around in a Utd shirt to make the gigantic wage worth it for the last 5-6 years let alone the next 2-3 at the very least). If we get shot of DDG as well all the better although some backup (paid transfer rather than the free-be Heaton) would then be required.

Soldato
Always dangerous going/ looking back (and that related to Coutinho to Liverpool as much as Ronaldo to Utd rumours - although with Pogba contract situation it might be a little different).

If Utd can (eventually) get Sancho, Verane/Torres and Saul and sell a few of the deadwood then it would be a good summer - but I suspect the board will hold things up again until Aug and basically **** it up again. Quicker they sort out the Pogba situation once and for all the better (personally think we should get shot of him any way at all - on his day he is mesmerising , but too few of those come around in a Utd shirt to make the gigantic wage worth it for the last 5-6 years let alone the next 2-3 at the very least). If we get shot of DDG as well all the better although some backup (paid transfer rather than the free-be Heaton) would then be required.
France should pay Pogba's wages as he's brilliant for them but very rarely even average for Man Utd.

Caporegime

We still have Sergio Romero on the books who is more than adequate as a number 2. Getting rid of Dr Gea could free up some well needed funds in other positions.

Soldato
Barca have offered Coutinho to Liverpool in exchange for us wiping off the 50 million Euro debt they owe to the debt collection agency.

LOL Whilst i think this is nonsense Coutinho isnt worth 50 million anyway. Not only that but it wouldn't be in Liverpool's hand to wipe anything??

Last edited:
Soldato
does anyone in the EPL top 5 really want Koulibaly this summer, he has hit 30 and had a couple of reportedly bad injuries rellatively recently - for 45m euros ( and £100kish a week) or so I personally think its too much of a risk.

and probably those lower down the league wouldnt want to pay that kind of wage packet even if they could afford the transfer.

Probably just journo's recycling old stories, but thought it was worth a post

Soldato
does anyone in the EPL top 5 really want Koulibaly this summer, he has hit 30 and had a couple of reportedly bad injuries rellatively recently - for 45m euros ( and £100kish a week) or so I personally think its too much of a risk.

and probably those lower down the league wouldnt want to pay that kind of wage packet even if they could afford the transfer.

Probably just journo's recycling old stories, but thought it was worth a post

He will also be missing for 6 weeks in January.

Back
Top Bottom