• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Out of interest did you receive notifications today on the telegram app for the FE drops in Germany ? obviously no good to you in the UK but at least you know it works and when they do drop will be ready :)
Yes I did thank you so it all seems to be working fine! I wear a Garmin watch and the Telegram app notifications vibrate the watch as soon as I get them so this is probably my best chance at the minute.

Soldato
Neither of us know what sort of cost goes in to developing and producing these cards now vs five years ago.
I went to an Nvidia tech day a couple of years ago where they said it costs around one billion to bring a new GPU architecture to market. They are very reliant on the revenue from gaming to fund development across their markets. This why their GPUs have to be multipurpose; gaming, AI, ML.

Googling Nvidia R&D gives: "In their 2021 fiscal year, Nvidia spent 3.92 billion U.S. dollars on research and development (R&D), an increase from the 2.83 billion U.S. dollars that was spent on R&D in 2020."

They are now spending almost three times what they spent five years ago. Clearly a chunk of that will be down to expansion into other tech areas.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I did thank you so it all seems to be working fine! I wear a Garmin watch and the Telegram app notifications vibrate the watch as soon as I get them so this is probably my best chance at the minute.

Perfect , yeah my phone was going off with the notifications earlier ... i did click on a link which put me in a queue on the website but backed out as just wanted to see where it takes me:cry:

But sounds like your all setup and ready to go , you will get a FE card on the next drop as long as your quick to the notifications as yesterday the 3090 was for sale for at least 10 minutes .... a very small amount of time but still have the chance and putting yourself in the best position. Many of us have got an FE card using the app so it defiantly works , wish you all the best on next drop :D

Associate
Perfect , yeah my phone was going off with the notifications earlier ... i did click on a link which put me in a queue on the website but backed out as just wanted to see where it takes me:cry:

But sounds like your all setup and ready to go , you will get a FE card on the next drop as long as your quick to the notifications as yesterday the 3090 was for sale for at least 10 minutes .... a very small amount of time but still have the chance and putting yourself in the best position. Many of us have got an FE card using the app so it defiantly works , wish you all the best on next drop :D
Cheers dude and thanks for the info, I reckon at any given time (unless I'm asleep) I can hit that link within 10 seconds so hopefully I'll be successful. At this point I'd take a 3080ti or 3090 so I'll just hit the first link that shows up and pray.

Associate
If you don't currently have a 30 series GPU already then you can pretty much say goodbye to high res/performance PC gaming for a couple of years at least.

A little over dramatic, don't you think? There are cards on this very site that can give close to 2080ti or 3090 performance, albeit at inflated prices (some of which could be offset be lowering prices of other components). People who don't have money to burn just need to be patient.

PC gaming is in a bad way right now, console gaming is the better option if gaming is all you care about right now, but even those aren't easy to get hold of (PS5 I mean, not been following the Xbox situation)

Associate
A little over dramatic, don't you think? There are cards on this very site that can give close to 2080ti or 3090 performance, albeit at inflated prices (some of which could be offset be lowering prices of other components). People who don't have money to burn just need to be patient.

PC gaming is in a bad way right now, console gaming is the better option if gaming is all you care about right now, but even those aren't easy to get hold of (PS5 I mean, not been following the Xbox situation)

Maybe but that's how it feels to a lot of us.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Cheers dude and thanks for the info, I reckon at any given time (unless I'm asleep) I can hit that link within 10 seconds so hopefully I'll be successful. At this point I'd take a 3080ti or 3090 so I'll just hit the first link that shows up and pray.

You can only get one, so decide what you want. Honestly, I can't see why a normal hammer would get a 3080Ti or 3090 over a 3080 when considering performance/price.

Associate
IF I happen to be lucky enough to find mysel in a position to choose either a 3080ti or 3090 which should I go for for ultra wide 1440p gaming?

3080, 3080ti or a 3090 would all do you proud. Higher end AMD offerings better in some cases but currently without decent RT / pending FSR

Digest some reviews / benchmarks and make your own mind up :)

Associate
3080, 3080ti or a 3090 would all do you proud. Higher end AMD offerings better in some cases but currently without decent RT / pending FSR

Digest some reviews / benchmarks and make your own mind up :)
Fair, I'm a team green lad so I'll just spam whatever link comes up first out of 3080/3080ti/3090, be lucky to own any of them right now.

Associate
Must admit I'd probably for a 6800XT or 6900XT if I had the chance, especially if FSR is even half as good as the hype would have it. Ray Tracing is not a feature I'd be leaping at the chance to pay a premium for, although in the less-likely-than-winning-the-lottery chances that prices stabilise back towards MSRP in the future (haha) I'd go with a 3080 vs a 6800XT for the additional features.

Meh, it's all pie in the sky right now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom