• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Must admit I'd probably for a 6800XT or 6900XT if I had the chance, especially if FSR is even half as good as the hype would have it. Ray Tracing is not a feature I'd be leaping at the chance to pay a premium for, although in the less-likely-than-winning-the-lottery chances that prices stabilise back towards MSRP in the future (haha) I'd go with a 3080 vs a 6800XT for the additional features.

Meh, it's all pie in the sky right now anyway.
lol

Soldato
not sure if this has been posted here but der8auer has had one of the weirdest compatibility problems with the new 3080 ti, full WARNING he does swear as he spent a good 3hrs swapping hardware only to relise it was fine apart from one thing (no spoilers just watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLFQXzM6Yo

good luck scalpers, if you manage to sell be fully prepared to issue refunds if buyers have the same problem XD

HRL

HRL

Soldato
not sure if this has been posted here but der8auer has had one of the weirdest compatibility problems with the new 3080 ti, full WARNING he does swear as he spent a good 3hrs swapping hardware only to relise it was fine apart from one thing (no spoilers just watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLFQXzM6Yo

good luck scalpers, if you manage to sell be fully prepared to issue refunds if buyers have the same problem XD

Crappy Windows Fast Startup did the same with my 3090FE. Been fine ever since I disabled it.

Associate
ED4-D69-EA-CDE0-474-D-9-BFC-B029-FD0565-B9.jpg

Hopefully will get it installed today. Need to swap out my PSU first, which I expect will be a faff.

Associate
So it's been days since the release. We can confirm all UK retailers are collectively withholding RTX 3080ti stock?
? No. Why would you think that? Only OC have said they are holding it to stop bots getting at it. Where do you think everyone bought their 3080ti's from? Outside the UK?

Associate
Crappy Windows Fast Startup did the same with my 3090FE. Been fine ever since I disabled it.

In this case it seems to be a bug in GPU BIOS, possibly connected to LHR detection - it detects monitor but thinks it's the fake one that miners used to bypass LHR in 3060 series and blocks it. And if that's the case - I am not surprised. When you do fancy detection not only of algorithm but also monitor connection etc. to block using card for mining, this is what you can get - compatibility issues with standard hardware.

Associate
? No. Why would you think that? Only OC have said they are holding it to stop bots getting at it. Where do you think everyone bought their 3080ti's from? Outside the UK?

OC said they are withholding it because stock is so low it makes no sense selling them. Only bots would be able to buy it but the issue isn't bots - issue is low stock.

Back
Top Bottom