• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Hard to say you wouldn't though... If you got a card and could flip it for a grand profit... hard to say no to a grand.

The real morons are the ones paying £2300 for the card from the scalper.
I honestly wouldn't even entertain buying one simply to sell on, I can see why people would but personally I wouldn't. If somehow I ended up with a spare one that I paid MSRP for then I'd sell it to someone deserving at a break even price. I'm not a wealthy man but imo there is nothing more unattractive than someone money grabbing for the sake of it.

Soldato
Hard to say you wouldn't though... If you got a card and could flip it for a grand profit... hard to say no to a grand.

The real morons are the ones paying £2300 for the card from the scalper.
they more concerned about making cash than caring about fellow forum members/gamers. just goes to show what sort of society we have become, since covid its become a f^^k you as long as im orite, pathetic really

Associate
they more concerned about making cash than caring about fellow forum members/gamers. just goes to show what sort of society we have become, since covid its become a f^^k you as long as im orite, pathetic really
Yeah it is a worry, that's why I believe that half of the problem is actually just Joe Blogs money grabbing, it's very easy to assume it's all scalpers with bots but imo we have a good amount of 'phantom scaplers' among us.

These are no doubt the same breed of people who went out and bought all the hand sanitizer and sold it on for a 30x markup to genuine people in need. Disgusting really.

Soldato
Yeah it is a worry, that's why I believe that half of the problem is actually just Joe Blogs money grabbing, it's very easy to assume it's all scalpers with bots but imo we have a good amount of 'phantom scaplers' among us.

These are no doubt the same breed of people who went out and bought all the hand sanitizer and sold it on for a 30x markup to genuine people in need. Disgusting really.
yeah, but you also have to blame the idiots paying silly prices, they have a part in this too, one cant survive without the other.,scalpers are the sort of people if a family member was infected with covid they offer to sell the vaccine rather than give.

Associate
yeah, but you also have to blame the idiots paying silly prices, they have a part in this too, one cant survive without the other.,scalpers are the sort of people if a family member was infected with covid they offer to sell the vaccine rather than give.
I can kind of see why some people will get forced into paying these prices, people who for example have already invested a lot of money into their PC gaming hobby and really do need the missing puzzle piece (GPU) to enable them to carry on playing the latest games on that fancy high Hz/4K monitor or whatever. It'll come to a point where they've waited so long for prices to come down and they simply don't so then they'll start to justify paying the extra because it just boils down to either paying it and continuing with their hobby (at their high performance standard) or knock it all on the head and sell up.

Associate
I’ve seen a few people post about having a 3090 say and managed to snag a 3080ti to obviously to cash in and make some money but to me that card might have gone to someone who doesn’t have one...

Associate
I’ve seen a few people post about having a 3090 say and managed to snag a 3080ti to obviously to cash in and make some money but to me that card might have gone to someone who doesn’t have one...
Exactly, that's the issue right there. Like, if I already had hand sanitizer at the beginning of the Pandemic I wouldn't go out and buy more just to make money because all you're doing is ripping people off which is usually universally frowned upon by everyone no matter what the product is. Ripping people off is not cool no matter how you spin it.

Associate

That thread was comical on here where someone posted asking which to keep, the 3090 or the 3080ti he just got. Of course someone just splashes out a grand without knowing what they are buying...

Associate
That thread was comical on here where someone posted asking which to keep, the 3090 or the 3080ti he just got. Of course someone just splashes out a grand without knowing what they are buying...
Blinded by the prospect of being able to make a few bucks by ripping people off. Simply saw the GPU as a commodity rather than what it actually is.

Associate
Blinded by the prospect of being able to make a few bucks by ripping people off. Simply saw the GPU as a commodity rather than what it actually is.
Indeed. I know if I had managed to bag a 3090 I wouldn't be touching the GPU market for 3-4 years most likely. Let alone dipping straight back into it to buy a lesser card to scalp.

Associate
I only had overclockers open for this release, not knowing they wouldn't be selling theirs :( I had cancelled my 200+ queue order that had moved for 4 months in the hopes of getting one, this did not work out haha

Associate
Honestly if i had a 1080 ti or higher i would not bother right now. I know there are others upgrading left right and center and at least one user on these forums whom has stated they have a 3080 and 3090,. All just doesn't seem worth the hassle to me. I know i upgraded from a 5600XT Sapphire Pulse but only because i got extremely lucky and had opportunity through a supplier of IT we use at work

Soldato

We are comparing an unnecessary luxury graphics card to a person profiteering off hand sanitiser during a pandemic. Hahaha honestly this kind of patter is hilarious.

I personally think people should sell their house for the exact money they paid for it. Them scumbags who sell their house 25 years after they bought it for 7x the price are vile. Why dont they let a genuine person buy it from them for the price they paid.

People behaving like victims in a graphics card market is embarrassing. Get a grip.

Associate
We are comparing an unnecessary luxury graphics card to a person profiteering off hand sanitiser during a pandemic. Hahaha honestly this kind of patter is hilarious.

I personally think people should sell their house for the exact money they paid for it. Them scumbags who sell their house 25 years after they bought it for 7x the price are vile. Why dont they let a genuine person buy it from them for the price they paid.

People behaving like victims in a graphics card market is embarrassing. Get a grip.

Unfortunately you don't seem to understand the comparison.

Had you said you didn't agree with people having a second home and profiting off that it would have been a reasonable comparison. Your example is just somewhat ludicrous and is either you exaggerating or not understanding simple economics.

Back
Top Bottom