Who owns a Golf GTD / GTI / R?

Don
Guys, I disconnected the battery, disconnected drivers airbag, plugged back in, battery back on and the drivers airbag error is shown even after driving for a while. Do I need a dealer to reset something?

Soldato
Guys, I disconnected the battery, disconnected drivers airbag, plugged back in, battery back on and the drivers airbag error is shown even after driving for a while. Do I need a dealer to reset something?

Until I read the rest of your post, I was going to suggest driving it for a few mins :(

Did turning the ignition off after driving and then back on do anything?

Soldato
Brill. I haven’t looked into it tbh, is it just software on a laptop? I used a phone app on my old bmw with a Bluetooth adapter and it worked great. Thanks mate

I haven’t used it on a VW, but on my Ford there’s some software for a windows laptop :)

Looks like on VWs there’s an app for Android:

https://obdeleven.com/en/

Hence the USB one wouldn’t be compatible :(

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Any Mk7.5 owners here? What is the sound system like? Is there not a Dynaudio, or equivalent for the 7.5? I know the used market is strong at the moment but the prices of Mk7's is going mad. Might as well look at a 7.5.

If I'm looking at 7's PP and Dynaudio are my two must haves really.

Soldato
Any Mk7.5 owners here? What is the sound system like? Is there not a Dynaudio, or equivalent for the 7.5? I know the used market is strong at the moment but the prices of Mk7's is going mad. Might as well look at a 7.5.

Yes, there’s a Dynaudio option for the 7.5, but it’s quite rare and demands a premium from my research.

I suspect due to the high number of leases that were taken out with base level equipment

Associate

I had Dynaudio in my 7.5 R, along with all the other options missing from lease specials. :D

Soldato
I find the audio in my Golf rather poor which I did expect in comparison with my previous car which had specced Bang & Olufsen audio but I did not expect a MK6 Polo to have considerably better audio.

Suppose newer tech vs the ancient Golf (In some areas) despite it being MK7.5

Soldato
pYqzKss.jpg

Took this to R-Tech recently (Stage 1) and they've completely transformed the car. Pre-cat delete and Revo intake the only perfomance mods so far. Back for all the torque soon. :cool:

DSZeEDH.jpg

Soldato
I've got a 3 door 16v GTi.

I've got all the best factory features; Rev counter, MPG readout, temperature gauge, electric windows, sunroof, rear disc brakes.

Oh, it also is half built, did I mention that? mQYpvGO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom