Dyson cooling fan or similar?

Soldato
I have a dyson purifier/fan as well, the smaller one, It's ok but as said if you want any decent airflow to keep you cool you have to turn it quite high which in turn is noisy, pretty costly for what it does, would not get another.

Soldato
We have the Dyson TP04. Happy enough with it, especially now hay fever season is upon us, but I wouldn't recommended it to someone. You could no doubt buy a better dedicated fan and purifier for the same cost but we really liked the look of it and ultimately that won it over.

Man of Honour
I got my dad the Dyson Hot and Cool fan a few years back as a gift when it was on sale. I think it's overpriced so wouldn't buy one myself and he probably wouldn't either, so thought I would treat him as he likes Dyson products.

Ultimately where fans go I think you have two options, either you use them as a means of shifting hot air out and drawing cooler air in (cooling the room, this requires a bit more thinking about what windows you have open), or you just have them for comfort by pointing at you (cooling the person). Even in a hot room, having a fan blasting away at you can make things a lot more comfortable.

Soldato
Open your loft hatch. That made a massive difference in our old house. Leave downstairs windows on vent and the house may act like a chimney.
After we renovated we looked at AC.... Thats a job for before NOT after, Matt

We can still get AC into the Kitchen/Diner and our large landing that will help,

Associate
Had been looking at the Meacofan 1056p and then came across a Berssen #2021 pedestal fan which was a good deal cheaper on offer. Supposed to be quite similar and also quiet on low settings, which I wanted for our bedroom.
Gave it a punt and so far so good. I like the large range of oscillation, and it is much quieter than my two previous fans.
It is a little bit on the short side but not a deal breaker.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah but the connector into the back of the fan was a micro-USB (at least on the model I had). If yours isn't, then it sounds like I either had an earlier model or they changed it up.

They have barrel connectors now.

Caporegime
Yes, sorry I didn't explain correctly, what I meant was it't not cheap, and you would expect it to be better made and not have a noisy fan at high speeds.

Everything made by Dyson is overpriced crap tarted up with LEDs or colours to make it look nice.

I mean £600 or whatever it is for a hairdryer should tell you that.

Caporegime
I didn't pay £600, I purchased the smaller one at around £340 with a discount I had. But I agree they are overpriced.

Same I bought their thermostat cool / heat fan. It makes a buzzing noise when in standby that I can hear but others can't. I also bought it using vouchers I received from work as a thank you ideally though I should just lump it on eBay and just buy from IKEA and pocket the difference

Soldato
Dyson stuff while overpriced I don't think I've been upset with any of the things I've purchased and even want some more bits.

Hell, part of me even wants the hair dryer. I don't care if you can get a hairdryer for £15 that ultimately does the same, sometimes you just want what you want. If my TP04 died tomorrow, would I buy another? Maybe, maybe not. If my V11 died tomorrow I'd buy another before the day ended.

Caporegime
Ironically the Dyson hairdryer is one of their better products.

You'd probably be better off leaving that on at night (without heat activated) and you'd get better cooling than their bladeless fans...

Caporegime
Ironically the Dyson hairdryer is one of their better products.

You'd probably be better off leaving that on at night (without heat activated) and you'd get better cooling than their bladeless fans...

Yet you can buy better hairdryers for less than £150 new.

GHD have several models and even babyliss have some top end models now that are USA only but should hopefully filter through to the UK at some point.

We have the GHD and build quality and power is way beyond the previous hairdryer which was well recommended best seller on Amazon and was around £50

Soldato
We have the Dyson TP04. Happy enough with it, especially now hay fever season is upon us, but I wouldn't recommended it to someone. You could no doubt buy a better dedicated fan and purifier for the same cost but we really liked the look of it and ultimately that won it over.

Same here really, but the DP04. It makes a noticeable difference to my allergies, it looks great and works pretty nicely. The air quality tracking is a semi-useful gimmick too :p

Caporegime
Same here really, but the DP04. It makes a noticeable difference to my allergies, it looks great and works pretty nicely. The air quality tracking is a semi-useful gimmick too :p

Whatever you do don't go into IKEA they have a better looking one that attaches to walls and only costs £50.

I'm in the process of selling my bluair, Phillips and Dyson ones to get them. I got one a few weeks back and probably get a few more.

Probably keep one as portable and attach a few to the walls.

Associate
OP
Boneco arrived on Wednesday so we've had 2 evenings with it.

It's well made, looks OK and even on its lowest settings it's a bit louder than I was expecting, it doesn't drown out the TV or conversation though. But thankfully it definitely seems to takes the edge off.

Not compared temps or anything but happy, the shower effect seems to work. On the lowest setting with the fan firing up to the ceiling you can just feel the breeze where I sit and it's getting on for 4m away from me.

Back
Top Bottom