• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
If I can't get a 3080ti at near MSRP then I'll just buy a 3090 with CPU and mobo bundle or a pre built with a 3090 as it makes more financial sense than paying 2k+ for just a GPU on eBay. I'd rather spend the extra 1.5k and end up with a new CPU, Cooler, mobo and RAM or whatever. If I went down the pre built route it would all be torn apart and mixed in with some of my current gear anyway.

I need a CPU upgrade anyways, yes I should wait for Intel's next gen rather than go for 11900k but look where waiting for the next gen GPU has gotten me lol

Soldato
If I can't get a 3080ti at near MSRP then I'll just buy a 3090 with CPU and mobo bundle or a pre built with a 3090 as it makes more financial sense than paying 2k+ for just a GPU on eBay. I'd rather spend the extra 1.5k and end up with a new CPU, Cooler, mobo and RAM or whatever. If I went down the pre built route it would all be torn apart and mixed in with some of my current gear anyway.

I need a CPU upgrade anyways, yes I should wait for Intel's next gen rather than go for 11900k but look where waiting for the next gen GPU has gotten me lol

Or just but an RX6900XT

Associate
For anyone trying their luck today and is after an AIB card; I attribute my 3080 Ti success to the fact that I added the card I wanted to my wishlist before they dropped. You can then mash the "add to basket" button via the wishlist page. This puts you a step ahead of all the folks refreshing the listing page waiting for the mythical add to basket button to appear.

Good luck!

Soldato
Apologies if I've missed the announcement/ sticky. But what is OCUks plan with the 3080ti/3070ti (if they have any?) they just putting them up for sale as usual or is there some bot defeating scheme that is hiding somewhere?

Associate
For anyone trying their luck today and is after an AIB card; I attribute my 3080 Ti success to the fact that I added the card I wanted to my wishlist before they dropped. You can then mash the "add to basket" button via the wishlist page. This puts you a step ahead of all the folks refreshing the listing page waiting for the mythical add to basket button to appear.

Good luck!

Not going for a 3080ti myself but good bit of advice this, thanks.

Associate
Do you think AIB 3080ti's are likely to come out today then?

Doubt it, but if you can add multiple items to your wishlist and the wishlist add to basket button will attempt to add them all. So if you wanted to cover your bases you could add a few 3080 Ti / 3070 Ti to the same wishlist and then see what comes up after mashing the add to basket button :D

Associate
I'm getting the feeling of early adopter buyers remorse in lots of the online reviews. The 3080Ti is the perfect balance of power, vram etc. But after alll as no one can get their hands on it, I dont see why people are enraged about it all. Well probably be on 4X series cards by the time this whole mess with production is over!

Back
Top Bottom