• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

A new product is groundbreaking at launch.

Like a 780ti was ground breaking at launch. Now it's performance is poor.

No, the performance is exactly the same now as when it was launched (actually, it's common to see 10% ish increase in performance as drivers improved etc).

Soldato
No, the performance is exactly the same now as when it was launched (actually, it's common to see 10% ish increase in performance as drivers improved etc).

People upgrade because they can no longer cope with the latest games.

A 4k GPU becomes a 1440p GPU. Then it becomes a 1080p GPU.

The demand from the latest games increases as the years go by so framerates drop

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The demand from the latest games increases as the years go by so framerates drop

But the performance is still the same at EoL as the day it was launched (probably a little bit higher in fact).

Do you mean relative performance diminishes over time?

Associate
I wonder if the prices stay like this, might end up skipping the 30 series altogether. Its already been like 8-9 months now, another 6-9 months of no cards/high prices surely going to put us close to the 40 series?

I'm patiently waiting for the RTX 3050Ti(£300 MRSP?), not the mobile one thats already out.It be cheeky of Nvidia but understandable as they are beholden to their shareholders to maximise profit and prioritise their limited wafers supply on the current range and also releasing "Super" cards before they release affordable cards for us plebs.

Caporegime

That doesn't apply to the consoles tho.

Developers won't make PS5 games that can't be played at acceptable framerates on PS5. They keep the games within the spec.

What you then get on PC is either the same experience, or a few extra gfx options to help cripple your framerate :p

Man of Honour
I'm pretty confident it will by 2023. New releases in mid-late 2022 will put pressure on current cards to send them back towards MRSP together with manufacturing having had a chance to ramp up and shipping issues resoled.

Associate
Yup I'll be getting used to being a console gamer :p Can still play Excel, Chrome and Paint on my existing PC, so there's no argument against getting a console instead to enjoy some quality gaming time.
Console gaming become even more expensive now with the games starting with the 70 pounds price tag on ps5.

Soldato
Do you mean relative performance diminishes over time?

Yes exactly.
That doesn't apply to the consoles tho.

Developers won't make PS5 games that can't be played at acceptable framerates on PS5. They keep the games within the spec.

What you then get on PC is either the same experience, or a few extra gfx options to help cripple your framerate :p

Yes but my original point was that PC gaming should get much cheaper relative to consoles. If a 3060 is required to beat a PS5 then next gens 4050 should beat a PS5. Then the following gens 5040 should beat a PS5.

People forget this when they look at a new console and proclaim that entry level PC gaming is too expensive. They forget that a new and faster GPU gen comes out every 2 years while a console stays static.

Associate
I still don’t really get this whole beat a console thing.

it’s so very different and even the same games you have more options on a pc normally. I never think of it in a way where it’s even a comparison.

I think fov in warzone on consoles is limited to less than 90, from memory it’s 84.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Console gaming become even more expensive now with the games starting with the 70 pounds price tag on ps5.
Only if you buy every game at full price and keep every game you buy. If you have a disc version you always have the option to buy used and/or sell when you're done playing. Or just buy in sales.

Associate
I would happily plug my KB/M into my xbox series x and play if prices stick like this I'll be done with PC gaming. I can't see prices staying up like this forever as or exact dates....who knows. I just wish there was a more customisable xp on console otherwise I would be playing on it now.

Caporegime
Consoles 70£ per game and subscription To play online . No thx.
I didn't buy any PS4 games for more than £15. I doubt I'll buy any PS5 games for more than £15.

I haven't bought any PC games in recent years for more than £15.

Spot the pattern :p

You don't have to spend £70 per game.

Associate
OP's question is not much different from the question "If the UK built 1 million homes, what would happen to house prices?" https://alastairparvin.medium.com/i...hat-would-happen-to-house-prices-de1fbffa9235.

There are many factors related to the GPU shortage: https://www.pcmag.com/news/inside-the-gpu-shortage-why-you-still-cant-buy-a-graphics-card.

I think that as long as there are people who can afford and are willing to pay higher prices than MSRP (thinking of anxious gamers and miners),
there is reward for people who actually don't need the GPUs to buy them as an investment to then resell/scalp, driving GPUs out of stock.
The manufacturers won't try to outpace the scalpers to not worsen the flood of lower priced cards that will eventually happen to the market (when the another crypto crash happens and the scalpers panic about lack of buyers),
negatively impacting the manufacturer's revenue and growth.
As long as the product sells, the manufacturers have little to no interest in lowering the final price,
they would rather take advantage of the situation and raise MSRP for new launches, increasing profit. Business as usual.

Long story made short, when people stop buying GPUs for high prices, the prices will go down. Case closed.

PS: my first post here (had my first attempt to join this forum rejected in 2014 because of "membership requirements"). Now working my way into the millionth post so I can get a voucher by 2073 :D.

Soldato
Yes exactly.

Yes but my original point was that PC gaming should get much cheaper relative to consoles. If a 3060 is required to beat a PS5 then next gens 4050 should beat a PS5. Then the following gens 5040 should beat a PS5.

People forget this when they look at a new console and proclaim that entry level PC gaming is too expensive. They forget that a new and faster GPU gen comes out every 2 years while a console stays static.

This was true in the past generations, but the last generation for example from sony and microsoft they introduced an update half way threw to the PS4 to the PS4 Pro and Xbox one to Xbox one X. Also you can look at the PS5 and Series X as another upgrade as the same games work on these machines at faster frame rates and better quality settings.

The biggest issue with consoles was once a new one came out your games on the previous system couldn't be used on the new system. Now consoles are more like PCs as now you can take your previous games and use them on the new system and get benefits by doing that, exactly like on a PC.

Consoles are nothing more than PCs now in how they are built and how their ecosystem works, one thing as a PC gamer I always loved was the ability to use my games and software from the past and get it to work better on a new updated PC, same thing now on consoles.

Consoles and PCs have their place and honestly I think since the PS4 and Xbox generations console makers have realised this and asked why are PC users still not coming to our systems and they learned because of the issue of loosing their games and PC gamers are a funny bunch we like to collect games and have them for when we want them, problem with a console was even if you collected the games for it, the minute your console died the games were useless, unless you buy another on the second hand market and that will probably be on the way out too, because you can't buy new stock of older consoles.

Now finally Sony and MS have got the hint and this one thing will get many new PC gamers into consoles and with MS you buy their games now and you can even play them on your PC without rebuying them, which is fantastic too. The console makers have woken up apart from Nintendo which will soon have to get its act together once enough people have enough of their ways.

Also as a gamer I love seeing games that are console only now coming to PC and also for the first time I purchased my own console last year a PS4 Pro for the reasons mentioned above and to play their excellent sony exclusive games. I will update to a PS5 too in time once a PRO model comes out and doesn't look like a router and has many PS5 games out that I want, so far not enough for me to get one and by time I get one the games will be cheaper that are out and will be some good bundles when buying the console.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom