Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Has anyone figured out the difference between all the different modes?

I noticed Gamer 1 shows the VESA Certified DisplayHDR logo but the other modes don't seem to do it. Is there a reason for this? I really don't know which mode I should actually be using for gaming as there is also an FPS mode.

Associate
Raw material supply issues due to covid, transport/processing of raw materials issues from Covid, production issues due to staff sickness/isolation/safe working practices, covid issues affecting port bandwidth in China (staff availability, safer working practices, etc), lack of shipping containers/bandwidth due to increased demand for ppe etc., knock on/reciprocal effects at receiving ports EU or UK hub wise, reciprocal effects on EU/UK infrastructure, Brexit holdups due to new/incorrect/increased paperwork.

I'm sure there are more and better ways I could put it, but the above highlights some issues in the chain.

Not all of the above will affect everything but I'd reckon most supply chains will be somewhat affected by some of the difficulties listed above.

So in other words, corona lockdowns - the gift that keeps on giving.
One other thing that I found strange is that this monitor is only sold by 2 sellers in the whole damn country - OC and Currys. What happened with the others, like Scan, E-buyer, etc? I contacted Currys and they said they had 80 units on order, but no idea when they will get here.
OC rep today said they will have stock next month, so we're looking at between 2 to 6 weeks wait time. To say that this sucks bawlz would be an understatement.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
So in other words, corona lockdowns - the gift that keeps on giving.
One other thing that I found strange is that this monitor is only sold by 2 sellers in the whole damn country - OC and Currys. What happened with the others, like Scan, E-buyer, etc? I contacted Currys and they said they had 80 units on order, but no idea when they will get here.
OC rep today said they will have stock next month, so we're looking at between 2 to 6 weeks wait time. To say that this sucks bawlz would be an understatement.

It's an exclusive between us and DSG Us being the etailer and them the retailer, (but they also sell online).

OcUK Staff
OP
how long does that exclusivity last?

There isn't any hard limit.

Better yet, why is it exclusive in the first place? I mean, it's just a damn monitor. Exclusivity only means less availability and people who want to buy it are the ones who get screwed.

Was thinking the same thing.

Will just wait anyway, no rush.

Main reasoning is probably because there is limited stock.

It increases costs sending 20 resellers 5 units each when you could send 2 partners 50 each (made up numbers). It reduces shipping, and overheads, leading to lower costs and therefore a more competitive RRP.

It's also a way for the vendor to reward their reseller partners for working well together in marketing and promotion activities. Probably helps we also have good communication and relationships with LG, (and all our vendor partners) here at OCUK.

Associate
There isn't any hard limit.

Main reasoning is probably because there is limited stock.

It increases costs sending 20 resellers 5 units each when you could send 2 partners 50 each (made up numbers). It reduces shipping, and overheads, leading to lower costs and therefore a more competitive RRP.

It's also a way for the vendor to reward their reseller partners for working well together in marketing and promotion activities. Probably helps we also have good communication and relationships with LG, (and all our vendor partners) here at OCUK.

Makes sense! Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it! :)
(PS... pls let me buy one of these monitors! :p )

Associate
@wildest_jjk sorry mate I missed the notification for this. I'd sold the monitor by the night. I'm cursed to use an ultrawide till the end of time it appears. Just can't move away from them. Never even got around to using the software.

Associate
Residing myself to the fact I'll probably not get hold of this monitor until the end of the year unless I'm very lucky, at which point the rumours about the next model will probably start.

The cycle rages on.

Associate
Any chance forum members will be given first preference. Been waiting on this upgrade for months

Probablyu no chance, as is obvious from the current situation. This monitor is only sold by OC and Currys. None of them have reserve, pre-order or even so much as getting notified when in stock option. This means they're both taking the same "lottery" approach like many sellers do with GPUs nowadays. This will be bad news if scalpers decide to point their bots to this monitor.
Currys page says "Over 1800 views in 24 hours", this means that there's a whole bunch of people that keep rage refreshing that page and when this monitor comes back in stock it will be wiped out within minutes. I'm frustrated as fuсk and looking at alternative options, but there's just nothing out there, just old overpriced crap.

Associate
Probablyu no chance, as is obvious from the current situation. This monitor is only sold by OC and Currys. None of them have reserve, pre-order or even so much as getting notified when in stock option. This means they're both taking the same "lottery" approach like many sellers do with GPUs nowadays. This will be bad news if scalpers decide to point their bots to this monitor.
Currys page says "Over 1800 views in 24 hours", this means that there's a whole bunch of people that keep rage refreshing that page and when this monitor comes back in stock it will be wiped out within minutes. I'm frustrated as fuсk and looking at alternative options, but there's just nothing out there, just old overpriced crap.

At the end of the day, it is just a monitor. I know I sound preachy, but seriously, it's not worth getting upset over. Worthless stress.

Associate
At the end of the day, it is just a monitor. I know I sound preachy, but seriously, it's not worth getting upset over. Worthless stress.

I had one (27GP950) and wasn't impressed, so returned. 2K to 4K wasn't a big jump in quality (especially not for £500 more).

Will make do with my excellent Dell S2721DGFA 1440p IPS

Will wait till 4K OLED tech on monitors improves in about 4-5 years

Back
Top Bottom