• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Caporegime
Being realistic, the GPU side has been a 2 horse race for some time. When was the last time AMD came first? The last AMD GPU I purchased was the R9 290.

GTX 970
GTX 1070
RTX 2070 Super

I like Nvidia's GPU's, but as with CPU's AMD are clearly getting their #### together on the GPU side now too, they are actually getting pretty bloody good, but no mater how good AMD GPU's and the associated technologys are all that matters is what people actually think, Nvidia's job is to keep people thinking AMD are a bit crap and i'm sick and tired of looking at 8GB midrange GPU's for £600.

I want competition, Nvidia, they want to keep that ^^^^ going.

Last edited:
Associate
Fair, extremely odd way of driving but each to their own :p Although tbf, I would play/drive more like that with gta 5 for shooting purposes but this can't be done in cyberpunk....

Still, I would love to see this guys settings and if he is using reshade/post processing effects as clearly he has done something to manipulate the image.

your 4th image from the bottom has 4 ghost trails on the right taillight. Under the right conditions, this could become more extreme just like in the guy's video.

And again you just assume I don't/didnt play the game after every update.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Has anyone else noticed that no one is talking about the fact that FSR works with probably about 80% of Nvidia's GPU's currently in use?

No, instead we are talking about whether or not this or that Anti Aliasing technology is better than FSR, they aren't. DF are either useful idiots or its very deliberate, you chose.

Caporegime
GTX 970
GTX 1070
RTX 2070 Super

I like Nvidia's GPU's, but as with CPU's AMD are clearly getting their #### together on the GPU side now too, they are actually getting pretty bloody good, but no mater how good AMD GPU's and the associated technologys are all that matters is what people actually think, Nvidia's job is to keep people thinking AMD are a bit crap and i'm sick and tired of looking at 8GB midrange GPU's for £600.

I want competition, Nvidia, they want to keep that ^^^^ going.

Blame etailers for that, not nvidias fault.

your 4th image from the bottom has 4 ghost trails on the right taillight. Under the right conditions, this could become more extreme just like in the guy's video.

And again you just assume I don't/didnt play the game after every update.

I count 2 obvious trails at most (possibly 3 but it is extremely faint) in that screenshot and also this is worst case screenshots from me too, to you know try and exaggerate the ghosting issue, in the same way that random persons screenshot and footage is trying to do and with all my testing, it was certainly nothing like this screenshot, even with dlss 2.0....

fKGcBHJ.png

Define the "right conditions"?

apparently, you are not allowed to do that though

Oh look.... another case of taking something said completely out of context :cry:

Again, answer me this, in "only" cyberpunk, do you drive around like this 100% of the time, even 15%? And if so, have you encountered the same ghosting as this person? If so, would love to see some footage.

Soldato
Your average pleb gets no say in this anyway.

The game devs will implement it if it fits their criteria, questionable gibberish on social media has no bearing on that.

Soldato
Look i've found another video from Alex Shilltaglia where he talks about this for 30 seconds.
@ 12:35

So really we use upscaling because we can't play games at 4k with RT on. But the main feature the RT will never be rendered at 4K, we can look around and pretend everything looks close to native or even better but the truth is if we play at 1080p, we will have the same quality of RT. :)
And then we compare PC native vs console rt reflections res and we laugh about consoles because they use lower RT resolutions. :)
Digital Shillery :cry:.

Soldato
I saw a comment on Reddit, Digital Shilleries. Not been able to get it out of my head since :cry::cry:.
:cry:. To be fair to them I think in that Control video they may be talking about DLSS 1.9 rather than DLSS 2.0, Control now has DLSS 2.0 which is better. Their FSR video seemed very much to be an outlier though and they didn't talk about performance numbers once despite the title of the video mentioning a performance boost.

Associate
Oh look.... another case of taking something said completely out of context :cry:

Again, answer me this, in "only" cyberpunk, do you drive around like this 100% of the time, even 15%? And if so, have you encountered the same ghosting as this person? If so, would love to see some footage.

driving in claires beast the left taillight created a lot of trailing. Was I driving wrong?
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove at this stage. The ghosting artifacts are still there even if you try to convince people they should not rotate the camera driving around corners.

Caporegime
Right jumped back on and set the time to night and went to a darker road area along with a higher camera angle, all of which will really exaggerate the ghosting issue with dlss, had to capture a few screenshots to try and get the issue captured:

cBtiXhF.jpg

So answer me this, does that other guys screenshot look legit still???? And before you answer, remember I said about how you should also see the car ghosting/trailing too??? Well if you look closely, you'll see it is in mine and not his....

And lets not forget again that these are "screenshots" so it will exaggerate the issue more and not be as noticeable when just playing the game as you would....

driving in claires beast the left taillight created a lot of trailing. Was I driving wrong?
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove at this stage. The ghosting artifacts are still there even if you try to convince people they should not rotate the camera driving around corners.

If you can't understand/see my point above then there is no helping you until you remove your blinkers, if you're having a difficult time seeing the point, re-read the posts and if you're still not following it, well friend, that's not my problem.

And once again, am I saying you aren't allowed to turn your camera angles???? Nope, it's you putting your own little spin on it.

Associate
Blame etailers for that, not nvidias fault.
Of course, it is (primarily). Nvidia has very tight control on-chip supply and what graphic card manufactures can charge. Even without the present conditions, most people are not going to be able to buy the 3090s and 3080s. Nvidia is famous for its bait and switch with MSRP, at least since the last two generations (remember the 2080ti MSRP fiasco).

Caporegime
Right jumped back on and set the time to night and went to a darker road area along with a higher camera angle, all of which will really exaggerate the ghosting issue with dlss, had to capture a few screenshots to try and get the issue captured:

cBtiXhF.jpg

So answer me this, does that other guys screenshot look legit still???? And before you answer, remember I said about how you should also see the car ghosting/trailing too??? Well if you look closely, you'll see it is in mine and not his....

And lets not forget again that these are "screenshots" so it will exaggerate the issue more and not be as noticeable when just playing the game as you would....

If you can't understand/see my point above then there is no helping you until you remove your blinkers, if you're having a difficult time seeing the point, re-read the posts and if you're still not following it, well friend, that's not my problem.

And once again, am I saying you aren't allowed to turn your camera angles???? Nope, it's you putting your own little spin on it.
Appreciate the screenshot, but it looks bad and this legitimises that other fellas video now. Sure, there is less ghosting but it still looks bad IMO.

Perhaps he is running at 1080P rather than 3440x1440 like you so that's why his is worse?

Given there's no motion in screenshots, I would expect it to be worse in video. I would also have thought it would be worse at daytime, but I don't like the game and I don't have a GPU that supports DLSS so no way to test it myself.

Soldato
I've watched it...what's the problem exactly? What is he saying that's wrong or misleading?
For one thing he doesn't show performance numbers vs TAAU or other methods so people can't possibly judge whether they feel it's worth the image quality cost (the title of their video mentioned a performance boost at the cost of image quality and then they only talk about image quality). The particularly bad example of FSR's image quality was in a game called Kingshunt that I've never heard of and may just be an outlier (it was most obvious in the character's dress). There are some not so good DLSS 2.0 implementations too, the quality varies depending on the game but focussing on just one or two examples may give a false picture.

KitGuru tested FSR vs TAAU in Godfall and found it produced better image quality and performance than TAAU.

Alex goes out of his way to present things in a negative way by saying that the only reason that Terminator looks good with FSR is because the dark scenes hide artefacts from running the game at a lower resolution while he provides no performance numbers or context.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For one thing he doesn't show performance numbers vs TAAU or other methods so people can't possibly judge whether they feel it's worth the image quality cost. The particularly bad example of FSR's image quality was in a game called Kingshunt that I've never heard of and may just be an outlier (it was most obvious in the character's dress). There are some not so good DLSS 2.0 implementations too, the quality varies depending on the game.

KitGuru tested FSR vs TAAU in Godfall and found it produced better image quality and performance than TAAU. Alex goes out of his way to present things in a negative way by saying that the only reason that Terminator looks good with FSR is because the dark scenes hide artefacts from running the game at a lower resolution while he provides no performance numbers or context.
They also didn't use the Ultra Quality pre-set for comparisopn as it would have ruined the narrative.

Soldato
They also didn't use the Ultra Quality pre-set for comparisopn as it would have ruined the narrative.
:cry: I forgot about that, yes they were using Performance and not Ultra Quality despite Ultra Quality performing pretty much as well as Nvidia's Quality mode in terms of framerate boost.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Appreciate the screenshot, but it looks bad and this legitimises that other fellas video now. Sure, there is less ghosting but it still looks bad IMO.

Perhaps he is running at 1080P rather than 3440x1440 like you so that's why his is worse?

Given there's no motion in screenshots, I would expect it to be worse in video. I would also have thought it would be worse at daytime, but I don't like the game and I don't have a GPU that supports DLSS so no way to test it myself.

Of course it doesn't look ideal when done under those conditions. I'm not denying that (still give me that over TAAs blurry ghosting any day of the week) but it still doesn't legitimise that other guys video/screenshot, compare his screenshot to mine and the conditions:

- his is done during the day on a lighter road surface, this is where the ghosting/trailing issues is least obvious (which my earlier screenshots show too) where as that one is at night on a darker surface with the red tail light which is the very worst case scenario
- his screen capture only has the tail lights trailing and not anything else? As per my screenshots and original comment, you can see that the whole back of the car should be trailing/ghosting somewhat too but in his screenshot, it isn't??? If he has ghosting/trailing that severe for the taillights during the day then he definitely should have the car body ghosting too

Perhaps it is because he is at a lower res. but ultimately, to me it looks like he has doctored the screenshot and possibly got a post processing/reshade or something on which would also explain the extreme noise seen.

Back
Top Bottom