• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Caporegime
Some people say it is still happening even with 2.2 hack.
fKGcBHJ.png

https://twitter.com/Charcharo/status/1407634237004652544
But i agree it is barely noticeable. :D

That is definitely not my experience (heck, it wasn't even that bad with dlss 2.0) and I actively called/pointed this out way back when the game was released.

That looks bad, the image also looks very grainy?

There is a film grain option in the settings menu so perhaps it is turned on. Either that or he isn't using ray tracing and is using the SSR setting at low/medium setting which does have a very bad grain issues (I had to turn off SSR as my vega 56 wasn't capable of high+ setting and the grain on textures was unbearable, it's less of an issue with the high/ultra/physco setting)

Caporegime
There is a film grain option in the settings menu so perhaps it is turned on. Either that or he isn't using ray tracing and is using the SSR setting at low/medium setting which does have a very bad grain issues (I had to turn off SSR as my vega 56 wasn't capable of high+ setting and the grain on textures was unbearable, it's less of an issue with the high/ultra/physco setting)
I can never understand why Film Grain is even a thing in games, it's always an automatic disable along with motion blur and Chromatic aberration.

Caporegime
Having a look at that screenshot above a bit more, I think that has been photoshopped as in, it looks like the tail lights have just been copy and pasted and modified as the effect is nothing like that, 2 main points being:

- where's the trail/ghosting on the rest of the car??? If you had the game or/and look at other peoples screenshots/photos, you would see that there should be a faint out line/ghosting on the car(s) too
- the last tail light on the right is shorter in length than the one on the left, in my experience, these should be matching in size/appearance

I can never understand why Film Grain is even a thing in games, it's always an automatic disable along with motion blur and Chromatic aberration.

Agree, first things I turn off too although motion blur can be quite good depending on the usage. Also, it helped "mask" the ghosting issues in days gone.

Associate
Having a look at that screenshot above a bit more, I think that has been photoshopped as in, it looks like the tail lights have just been copy and pasted and modified as the effect is nothing like that, 2 main points being:

- where's the trail/ghosting on the rest of the car??? If you had the game or/and look at other peoples screenshots/photos, you would see that there should be a faint out line/ghosting on the car(s) too
- the last tail light on the right is shorter in length than the one on the left, in my experience, these should be matching in size/appearance
Don't blame me you can ask him on twitter. It doesn't look photoshopped to me but i guess someone will do that too to win an argument. It looks much worse than the examples i've seen in the past, i agree.

Caporegime

Agree, first things I turn off too although motion blur can be quite good depending on the usage. Also, it helped "mask" the ghosting issues in days gone.
He's posted a couple of videos as well for what it is worth.
Cyberpunk 2077 taa (dlss quality) ghosting at its finest - YouTube
Cyberpunk 2077 taa ghosting 2 - YouTube

EDIT Did some digging into his twitter account, looks like he is using a 3080.

Associate
Caporegime
the 2nd video is looking at least as bad as the pic so i guess it is possible to be true. But again you can ask him or as he says try yourself with the same car/time of day/location type.
I don’t use social media but someone should reach out and ask for more information or try it themselves I guess.

Caporegime
the 2nd video is looking at least as bad as the pic so i guess it is possible to be true. But again you can ask him or as he says try yourself with the same car/time of day/location type.

Something very odd with those videos though, IQ just seems terrible anyway.

No other reviewers or players experience such problems. So even if he does genuinely have a problem it looks like some kind of bug.

Caporegime
Ok, just jumped on quickly myself there, you can see the car speed at the bottom left so not static and at full speed. Motion blur, CA, film grain off, dlss quality (using the 2.2 file) @3440x1440 and ray tracing all on, lighting set to medium.

Will note that as per his videos and my screenshots, you have to angle the camera view to exaggerate/show the ghosting, if you weren't doing this in the first place, doubt you would even notice.

He definitely seems to have an issue on his end, perhaps he has a setting on or has some crappy reshade filter etc. on that is doing some post processing?

This was a screenshot I had from a while back showing the ghosting too:

e8ZuoWv.jpg

Caporegime
Ye prolly some ‘brilliant’ troll. Get reshade on top, enable motion blur with some weird settings, get that ghosting, post vid.

Exactly, it's just like the vram argument happening, people grabbing onto anything to try and make out that there is a universal issue that affects everyone (or rather exaggerate minor flaws) as they did with "one" persons experience in horizon zero dawn and an older 8GB gpu on an old version of the game..... It's all rather funny as these same people are complaining about Alex from DF review on FSR and how he is exaggerating FSR minor flaws :D

Not to mention, have a look at reddit and you'll see the amount of people saying how 2.2 is better for motion and overall clarity too and even HU (who are far more pro amd) have said that it has reduced the ghosting/motion issues.... But no, once again, lets take one persons video because it fits their narrative :cry:

Great so just tell everyone not to drive around any corners then.

IIRC are you one of the ones that has jumped on the hater bandwagon for cp2077 and hasn't actually played the game for yourself to see things first hand or/and refuse to hear/read/watch any of the posts/articles/videos which disprove the complaints that are often brought up by the haters? Or fail to acknowledge the fact that cdpr have for the most part fixed many of the issues/bugs (not talking about features of the game here)....

If you have played the game, you would see and understand that unless purposely angling your camera as in the above screenshots or for some bizarre reason, you like to drive around like that guy...

then there is often very little need, if ever to angle your camera to go "around corners"....

Associate
IIRC are you one of the ones that has jumped on the hater bandwagon for cp2077 and hasn't actually played the game for yourself to see things first hand or/and refuse to hear/read/watch any of the posts/articles/videos which disprove the complaints that are often brought up by the haters? Or fail to acknowledge the fact that cdpr have for the most part fixed many of the issues/bugs (not talking about features of the game here)....

If you have played the game, you would see and understand that unless purposely angling your camera as in the above screenshots or for some bizarre reason, you like to drive around like that guy...

then there is often very little need, if ever to angle your camera to go "around corners"....

still desperately trying to categorize people when they don't agree with your posts.....

your comments remind me of when apple tried to tell people they were holding their phones the wrong way.

Caporegime
still desperately trying to categorize people when they don't agree with your posts.....

your comments remind me of when apple tried to tell people they were holding their phones the wrong way.

Don't need to "desperately" put the effort in to categorize people because it's obvious and most importantly correct! Time to take your blinkers of :cry:

Prove me wrong :D

Soldato
I still play CB2077 on a GTX1080,because I wan't to get to 100% achievements. Driving is still terrible even after all the patches - its like steering a Yacht. Also even though they patched the police default behaviour to be a bit better,its still worse than a game like GTA V.

Also CDPR haven't fixed all the bugs - the latest 1.23 patch hasn't fixed some of the actual issues it says it patched. One of them was that you saw the same NPCs repeatedly - 1.23 was meant to fix it. Yet,its not fixed. Then another weird one - sometimes now NPCs won't spawn in properly in some of the shops. Reload the save and they re-appear.

The same goes with the persistant issues with GIGs not properly completing,so I can't get the achievement for completing the Hustles in Watson. Then the issues with the Cyberpsycho missions also being bugged. Then the other bug which affects people who spec into crafting - Legendary crafting designs disappear from the game permanently after the first visit to any vendor. Its not been fixed.

But it was the same with W3 - it had lots of bugs,and it took ages for CDPR to eventually fix them all. People just have very rose tinted glasses,for the state they launch their games in.

However,I still think its a fun game and certainly has some of the best character models I have seen so far. Night City is one of the most unique urban maps I have seen in a game.The voice acting,and the story are pretty decent too. I just wished they delayed it another year,not only for bug fixing but also to improve NPC AI,and perhaps make things more interactible.

I am hoping with some more TLC,and future DLCs things will get better. It does have the framework to be better than it is. Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom