Show Us Your Motors!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Not sure why the 33 doesn't get the same love as the 32 and 34. It's a pig to look at in comparison I guess. How did you find it?

Are they Parada Spec 2’s I spy on the EP3? They are quite frankly dangerous in the wet.
Yeah, I had them on mine too (although they were more like slicks on the day). They were the forum tyre of choice at the time. I went to Ultrac Sessantas after that which were great.

Soldato
Obviously nothing in comparison to the majority of you lot but my first (and only till electric takes over) car picked up and fully paid for this morning (2017 plate)

Inked-IMG-20210717-145043-LI.jpg

IMG-20210717-145128.jpg

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Obviously nothing in comparison to the majority of you lot but my first (and only till electric takes over) car picked up and fully paid for this morning (2017 plate)

I assume you're not 17 but even so, first cars are nothing like they used to be. Mine was a Mk3 Golf CL that was covered in overspray from a dogy repair and my next car was a Punto 60 in 3 different colours. I don't think insurance is as good as it was though.

Enjoy it, for me I needed transport as I lived rurally and it was so liberating having that freedom. Just as important as a GCSE for me.

Soldato
I assume you're not 17 but even so, first cars are nothing like they used to be. Mine was a Mk3 Golf CL that was covered in overspray from a dogy repair and my next car was a Punto 60 in 3 different colours. I don't think insurance is as good as it was though.

Enjoy it, for me I needed transport as I lived rurally and it was so liberating having that freedom. Just as important as a GCSE for me.
I'm 30 unfortunally, just never gotten around to driving.
Insurance was £1040 for the first year with £155 tax, car was just under £9000.

Associate
Not sure why the 33 doesn't get the same love as the 32 and 34. It's a pig to look at in comparison I guess. How did you find it?
Just looked in all the usual places, auto trader, pistonheads, forums, ebay. I bought it for 20k from a dealer, sold it back to that dealer at a small loss 6 months later, in 2019.
Now, you can't get 1 for under 30k.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Just looked in all the usual places, auto trader, pistonheads, forums, ebay. I bought it for 20k from a dealer, sold it back to that dealer at a small loss 6 months later, in 2019.
Now, you can't get 1 for under 30k.

I meant how did you found it to own and drive :D

Yeah, you let that go a year too early. The Gran Turismo/Fast and Furious halo cars are only going to go up and up, anyone sat on one they bought cheap a few years ago would be very happy if they sold.

Taken nearly 4 months to get this pic.

Lovely! Do you aregue with yourself about which is best like all the armchair forum experts? :D

Associate
I meant how did you found it to own and drive :D
Lol
It was v thirsty obviously. It spoke japanese to me everytime i started it up, it was something to do with the jap stereo it still had from japan. It sounded great when you pressed on a bit. Zero went wrong with it in the 6 months i had it. Even though the r33 is the poor mans 34 and 32 it still got a lot of compliments, delivery drivers loved it. Yeah deffo sold it too early, shouldve kept it a couple years more atleast. I sold it cause i seen rust coming through on the front strut tops which made me panic a bit.

Associate
Went to buy a Golf R, ended up with this..

Vrs 245, such an under rated car imo. People wont give them a 2nd look given the badge. And thats one of the reasons i love it so much.

TK1BRWj.jpg

Soldato
…Even though the r33 is the poor mans 34 and 32…

I’ve always preferred the look of the 33, still wish I’d bought one in the early noughties instead of the Evo 8 I did buy.

Went to buy a Golf R, ended up with this…

Looks good, very subtle. I think you made the right choice. Golf Rs are everywhere.

Finally got mine washed…

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha they're awesome! People still laugh at it but change their mind when they see it up close. It's an awesome little runaround.
How weird. I thought about your Cube whilst I was on the motorway today, behind an Elgrand that was knocking every luxury motor out of the right hand land with its presence lol.

Is it true they are built on the Micra platform? Is the interior a bit... naff?

Back
Top Bottom