The Online Dating Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The type that isn't 50% asian maybe.

Also quite sure I blamed everything here on myself.

You saying "No one of any race will date non whites on dating sites." sounds like your absolving yourself of any blame whilst also making ridiculous sweeping statements.

Trinidad and Tobago :cool:

But tbh that's just the accent, second only to Italian

Oh they do have that lovely accent. It's so up-and-down-up-and-down.

My family came from the wrong island then :D

Caporegime
I will give my advice profiles if anyone wants it and freefaller actually hit on it.

You need "hooks", simple things in your profile text that give others the opertunity to easily form an opening sentence with you.

A set up for a joke, even if at your expense.

It's really really hard to write the first message to someone so you gotta make it easy for them.

One of my most successful lines on my profile was after stating what I was looking for I had "but if you've got ice cream I'll probably get in your windowless van"

It makes lots of easy set ups, for people to make a joke.

It doesn't have to be Oscar wilde just something people can make an easy joke to you about.

Soldato
Are you kidding me?

"BMFC" my friend (Google it), being black in online hook ups is shooting fish in a barrel, hell if you've got 2 mates the three of you can take bookings

I feel you must be familiar with fab with a comment like that because that is literally the truth.

Sadly I don't like any of my friends

Caporegime
I enjoyed meeting you Tefal - you're easy to talk to :) then again I'm not a shrinking violet either.

Good on you to offer your help!

Haha you too , I was surprised by your accent
That was around the time I started sorting myself out the meets really helped me get my confidence back

Man of Honour
My entire experience is to go out, for whatever reason. Order drinks and get drunk. Women would talk to me every once in a while and occasionally it would end up leading to a one night stand, and that would be that.

But lets say no women ever talked to me, then i would be a virgin, excluding prostitutes. But i dont see where is the bad treatment?

While not claiming to be an expert in these matters, it’s my considered opinion that you were most definitely going about the meeting women dance in the wrong way.
Hopefully this will all become clear to you before its too late, and you’ll live happily ever after, you may even enjoy it and wish to thank me, not necessary pal, just get out there and fill your boots ;)

You'll find that people become like this AFTER the way they are treated by women.

Some maybe, but I worked with a younger guy for a long time who seemed to have little or no interest in women.
Once it became clear to us all that he wasn’t gay, we just assumed that he was asexual.
He’d come on holiday with our gang, all inveterate skirt chasers.
We’d rent pool homes in Portugal, Florida, Spain, and the Bahamas and attractive young women would make it patently obvious that they were interested in him, (he was and still is a not bad looking guy), but he’d rather play golf.
One day we talked two late teen/early twenties Irish sisters into coming to our place to use the pool at our place on the Algarve, the younger one was soon all over him like a rash.
He was sitting with his legs in the pool and she swam up to him, leaned on his thighs and gazed into his eyes, saying, “Show me which is your room John.”
We nearly died when he replied, “Nah, I’ve got to iron some shirts!”
Eventually, in his fifties, he began chatting to a divorced woman at the old folks home where both their mothers were living, next thing they had both sold their houses and bought a large property on the coast, adjacent to a golf course.
He seems as happy as Larry, so you never know.

Associate
Some maybe, but I worked with a younger guy for a long time who seemed to have little or no interest in women...snip

You realize some men 'can't get it up?'

Asexual if that's what you want to call it, in online terminology he would be a classic volcel (voluntary celibate).

The current trend is men who can't get any interest from women based on their physical features - too ugly / short / wrong race, or social reasons such as wealth.

And literally rejection on those aspects before women will even talk to them.

Soldato
While not claiming to be an expert in these matters, it’s my considered opinion that you were most definitely going about the meeting women dance in the wrong way.
Hopefully this will all become clear to you before its too late, and you’ll live happily ever after, you may even enjoy it and wish to thank me, not necessary pal, just get out there and fill your boots ;)

My plan was to simply get drunk, not to meet women.

My point is, nothing can ever happen that justifies spouting incel ideology.

I like your stories, but only to read them, i certainly would not want to live through any of them.

Caporegime
There's a... for the lack of a better word, lifestyle website, that I briefly used when I was single, carefree and able to sow my wild oats. Going through that made me realise online dating is easy street.

That's a bit different though tbh... you're a rarer match in a market with more demand in that case. It's like someone going on a thai brides site and then claiming online dating is easy street.

In your case it sounds like you're fulfilling the desire of single women with a fetish or indeed women in relationships who want more. Perhaps in the latter case the lack of high status men might drive some of this - the women who had no issues getting dates with a certain type couldn't get them to commit so "settled" for a lower status guy... but for some of them, they still want what they used to have.

Caporegime

I think you've conflated platinums post with who he was quoting.

Platinum was saying he'd go out and just meet people talk and things would happen. He was arguing against the point of men become incells because "women are mean" and that its the incells man's attitude to women that's off putting to women, not the man's physicality.

Caporegime
That's a bit different though tbh... you're a rarer match in a market with more demand in that case. It's like someone going on a thai brides site and then claiming online dating is easy street.

In your case it sounds like you're fulfilling the desire of single women with a fetish or indeed women in relationships who want more. Perhaps in the latter case the lack of high status men might drive some of this - the women who had no issues getting dates with a certain type couldn't get them to commit so "settled" for a lower status guy... but for some of them, they still want what they used to have.

Not really men outnumber women in the order of about 100 to 1 on that site.

Soldato
I think you've conflated platinums post with who he was quoting.

Platinum was saying he'd go out and just meet people talk and things would happen. He was arguing against the point of men become incells because "women are mean" and that its the incells man's attitude to women that's off putting to women, not the man's physicality.

Here is ballisticx in the future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Dck7J4Ks0&ab_channel=JCS.

Certainly i would be very interested in the video.

Soldato
Fast forward to the present day and we have been together over 5 years, travelled all over the world and have just been granted our Permanent Resident visas for Australia and moving in a few months.

Good luck gents

Good luck in Australia! Nice to hear a happy ending to a story... where are you moving to? I'd love to emigrate but sadly I think we're stuck in the UK/NHS for a little while longer.

Online dating sounds terrible and I'm pleased to have avoided it!

Soldato
ylsgnu.png

Prize catch.

Oh boy,

What a catch!

Soldato
Hahaha yes a few years back I was fairly regular on there :D

Got a proper gf these days

Yeah very dangerous website to have an account on. I deleted mine when things got serious!:p

Not as rare as I would've liked as I do wish it was that easy! I'm sure in some cases it is something like that though

Not really men outnumber women in the order of about 100 to 1 on that site.

It thickens your skin up quite quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom