Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Yeah its weird, when I bought this 27UL850 lots of people were talking about backlight bleed etc and mine has absolutely zero. I just took a photo of my monitor with a black screen and the image looks very bad, absolutely nothing like real life, which is almost completely black. I think sometimes issues do not come across accurately online.

Associate
Yeah its weird, when I bought this 27UL850 lots of people were talking about backlight bleed etc and mine has absolutely zero. I just took a photo of my monitor with a black screen and the image looks very bad, absolutely nothing like real life, which is almost completely black. I think sometimes issues do not come across accurately online.

If I turn off all the lights, my keyboard LEDs, my monitors, the backlight, just have a black screen on the 27GP950 the only thing I can observe with the camera on my phone is my own relflection blocking out the ambient light lol, with the naked eye I can't even see that...

Associate
A couple of days further in impressions (Used about 20 hours total):

I've had 2 black screens so far, only on the 160hz overclock settings, only on a game that is capped at 60fps, during a cutscene where I'm pretty certain it was at 30fps or lower. (Genshin Impact).

In 144hz in any situation? No black screen.
In a normal game on either 144hz or 160hz? No black screen.

That being said there's an isolated power outlet near me with nothing plugged in so I'll test that theory out.

HDR is pretty damn good, demo videos look ******* amazing and HDR-enabled games look great. Windows 11 Auto-HDR does a good job, but the rest of windows makes HDR actually annoying to have. Screenshotting Chrome results in ugly af images etc.

Associate
Associate
@Sh4rkie Ok, I understand, still, just to be 100% sure, if you are gaming at 160 Hz mode, just type in in the console fps_max 155 which will pretty much 100% guarantee that CS GO engine will not render more than 160 fps so you will be constantly inside the gsync range. For me, even 156 fps cap is not enough, there will be tearing* from time to time, whereas black screens seem to occur only when constantly being within the freesync/gsync range. Also, I've read like hundred times that MSI afterburner may totally mess up everything like rendering/latency/timing/input lag... I would stick to the nvidia/radeon settings without 3rd-party apps which interfere with rendering pipeline of the game engine.

*P.S. such tearing is barely noticeable, you need to look for it, like strafe along contrast vertical textures to see a micro tearing at the bottom of the frame; when playing normally you won't notice it thinking that frames are constantly withing the freesync/gsync range.
Away for a couple of weeks now but i've previously had fps_max at set numbers and it didn't make any difference. Hence i went for 0 uncapped in the end.

As for MSI AB, i've used for donkeys years and seemingly without issue. Couldn't be without it for undervolting, overclocking , overlays (+HWiNFO) and a custom fan curves.

Associate
Isolated power socket makes no difference it seems.

It's failing regularly on Genshin Impact which is locked to 60FPS and in a window, so I doubt Fullscreen enhancements are causing it. I'll disable G-Sync entirely and see if that helps anything.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I'll open pre-orders around lunchtime tomorrow and keep open until I see we've reached more than our expected next intake. This isn't an exact science so please be patient and if I'm late I'll email everyone who is likely to miss out to see if they want to keep their pre-order or cancel.

We should receive 200 units this month (ETA is second week of August but waiting on confirmation from forwarder), with around 10% of those already reserved for those who missed out July.

I've been told to expect no more until October after this.

I'll post here the same time I enable pre-orders. If the buy button isn't live for you then try "ctrl-F5", not "alt-F4".

Associate
Do you know if the black screen issues are isolated to PC or do people have these problems on Xbox/PS5 with hdmi 2.1 too?

I've got this monitor connected to my MacBook Pro, and also my Xbox Series X. I've not had a single black screen, and it's working flawlessly. No connection issues at all. I am using my own cables and not the ones provided though.

The only time I see the screen go blank is when the Xbox switches to the HDR video mode when launching a game, but that's the Xbox, not the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom