• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
It’s normal for the factory white pads.

You have a choice, change or leave it as it is. If you do change it… you will question why the heck did Nvidia go with those crappy white pads. Super soft pads.
I'm already questioning that :cry:. Nvidia have not done a good job although at least they exposed the temperature sensor that led us to the problem. My worry is if they want to do a similar thing in the future they will just not expose the relevant temperature sensor to users and then we'll all wonder why our cards are running loud.

Associate
Does anyone know the longest cable length (Display Port) that I could use with my 3080 and Dell S2721DGF to ensure I get no issues with full 165Hz?

I don't have any experience with Ampere, nor high refresh, but I do have quite a lot of experience in commercial installations for digital signage.
Based on that, 5m on (decent quality) copper cables is usually the reliable limit, but anything over that I'd look at fibre-optic based cables.
Just had a look on a well known online purveyor of everything and you can get a 10m for £85, 20m for £90 - reviews on that indicate 1440p@144Hz (so I can't see why 165Hz would be a problem) works fine (on the 20m).
If you have trouble with those, shouldn't be too much hassle to return it!

Hope that helps :)

Man of Honour
There seems to be a lot of variables when it comes to cable length and higher res/refresh rate - some people seem to be happily able to do 10m no problem others hit a wall at 2-3m, etc.

Soldato
OP
I don't have any experience with Ampere, nor high refresh, but I do have quite a lot of experience in commercial installations for digital signage.
Based on that, 5m on (decent quality) copper cables is usually the reliable limit, but anything over that I'd look at fibre-optic based cables.
Just had a look on a well known online purveyor of everything and you can get a 10m for £85, 20m for £90 - reviews on that indicate 1440p@144Hz (so I can't see why 165Hz would be a problem) works fine (on the 20m).
If you have trouble with those, shouldn't be too much hassle to return it!

Hope that helps :)

That's very helpful, I didn't think about fibre options. Thanks very much for the info and thanks also @Rroff

Associate
It's not worth the money.
Lowkey I do feel like it will just make my PC build more expensive. I wanted to go for a white lian li o11 mini build and just felt the the Asus Rog Strix 3070 white may suit the build better rather than the the 3070 FE? What do you think

Why would you pay £175 for a card that won`t perform that much better? Plus the Founders Editions are very good quality this time round.

I just feel the Asus Strix White may complement my build more.

Associate
Lowkey I do feel like it will just make my PC build more expensive. I wanted to go for a white lian li o11 mini build and just felt the the Asus Rog Strix 3070 white may suit the build better rather than the the 3070 FE? What do you think

I just feel the Asus Strix White may complement my build more.
That makes sense now

Associate
I agree too. But white aesthetics tho :( feel a bit stupid considering it but I think it would look really nice…
If you're going for a white Lian Li case and doing a white build then only you can justify if it's worth it or not. I'd have a look at the case gallery and do some googling to see if you can find some builds that are similar to what you're looking for. Personally I think the FE will suit it of your using mainly white components as it will break it up a bit without it being too much white.

Back
Top Bottom