• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate

Unfortunately not for the Corsair AIO's.

This is what it takes for some other 3rd party brand to make one to suit others.

It's been a complete farce with coolers for this launch.

I've got a Noctua ND-H15 I was tempted to use until Corsair pull their finger out their ass and I can't even use that because that kit is out of stock on Amazon lol.

Will be my last Corsair AIO this time if they don't have the standoffs available in the UK by next week.

Associate
What has happened with this launch? never known anything like it. I have a new CPU and coming and you can't actually buy a cooler that works out of the box!
Surely its so simple to supply stand offs that reduce the height by 1mm to enable proper contact.
I now have an 18 month old Corsair AIO cooler all fitted in an existing build and I cant even use it when the new kit arrives bloody infuriating and now I'm going to have to buy an NZXT cooler and refit kit.
Corsair are a big let down here!

I know right how the hell have they been testing this CPU properly is what I want to know lol, Can't find anything.

Associate
Are all these cpu's water cooled exclusively ? Just seems like another expensive requirement.

I'd really like to upgrade my i7 4790 to either a 12700 or 12900 but this is getting silly.

Associate
Are all these cpu's water cooled exclusively ? Just seems like another expensive requirement.

I'd really like to upgrade my i7 4790 to either a 12700 or 12900 but this is getting silly.
I think the Noctua NH-D15 would still suffice for the 12900k, on a compatible board. Its too bad it doesn't work with Asus ROG Strix boards so if you are on one of those, yes only water cooling can be used

Associate
Have u guys noticed the twin mounting holes for coolers on the ASUs boards
asus trying to stand out from other motherboard manufacturers by making all their z690 boards compatible with socket 1200 coolers.
clever if they done it right
potentially dangerous if the different socket height causes issues on existing coolers.
Edit: also different cooler backplates could be interfering with different socket backside

Last edited:
Associate
asus trying to stand out from other motherboard manufacturers by making all their z690 boards compatible with socket 1200 coolers.
clever if they done it right
potentially dangerous if the different socket height causes issues on existing coolers.

Height won’t be a problem for me water block all the way.

Back
Top Bottom