LG 27GP850-B

Caporegime
Excellent cheers. Had a 15% voucher applied to it so went for it. Looks good especially for £22.
Ooof. Not sure I'd be especially happy putting a £400 monitor on a £22 arm :p

Sometimes things are a bit too cheap for comfort :p

I'd be expecting to pay between £50 and £100 for something I could trust to be well engineered and not fail (spectacularly!).

Ree

Ree

Associate
Ooof. Not sure I'd be especially happy putting a £400 monitor on a £22 arm :p

Sometimes things are a bit too cheap for comfort :p

I'd be expecting to pay between £50 and £100 for something I could trust to be well engineered and not fail (spectacularly!).

It's not one of them long arms its more of a stand. Has good reviews too so worth the punt imo.

45a548a9d2c1c8c8212854d7dc4cece6.png

Last edited:
Associate
So tempted to buy the 32" based on positive reviews but I'm a little concerned about the resolution. So hard to find a 32" 4k ips screen under £400 it's practically none existent.
I need a new 2nd monitor for work and occasional YouTube video watching in addition to hobby photo editing; do I really need 4k i feel qhd isn't very future proof

Soldato
So tempted to buy the 32" based on positive reviews but I'm a little concerned about the resolution. So hard to find a 32" 4k ips screen under £400 it's practically none existent.
I need a new 2nd monitor for work and occasional YouTube video watching in addition to hobby photo editing; do I really need 4k i feel qhd isn't very future proof

If you want it for work and high res editing etc... then any 1440P monitor will not suffice but if it's for gaming, You/Tube, Browsing, Forums etc... the 32" version is fantastic, I was hesitant at first but as long as you have it at a nice distance it's a good experience, Everything is vibrant, Sharp and very responsive :)

Associate
If you want it for work and high res editing etc... then any 1440P monitor will not suffice but if it's for gaming, You/Tube, Browsing, Forums etc... the 32" version is fantastic, I was hesitant at first but as long as you have it at a nice distance it's a good experience, Everything is vibrant, Sharp and very responsive :)

That's my other concern that it might be too big ha. I will be sat at my desk using it so maybe a 27/28 might be better and I'm just being greedy lol

Caporegime
Can someone with the 27" version confirm something... is the overdrive mode locked in sRGB mode? Or can you still select between, Normal, Fast, etc?

Soldato
Just snapped one up at £298.99. Wasn't really looking to change my monitor but for that price, it is hard to ignore. I'll finally be able to get past a 60Hz refresh rate. :D

Soldato
I'm having thoughts about dropping my current monitor, selling it and picking up this one.

I'll lose a lot of screen but I'll gain a slightly higher refresh rate, G Sync etc. I'll wait to see what black friday gives us. Is anyone running 3 of these? That's what I plan to do when the time comes to move house, bigger room and get a new desk.

Caporegime
Just snapped one up at £298.99. Wasn't really looking to change my monitor but for that price, it is hard to ignore. I'll finally be able to get past a 60Hz refresh rate. :D
Ditto :) Had my current monitor forever, it seems. Will be nice to ditch 60Hz *and* 1080p :p

Just crossing my fingers for no dead pixels or backlight bleed...

Associate
Just ordered one of these as replacement for a Gigabyte M27Q, on my daughter's new build that has the most horrendous orange tinted bloom on the left side of the screen. It completely ruined anything that wasn't brightly coloured.

Hoping this is a winner in the panel lottery of life.

Soldato
Just got mine setup today and up on to my monitor arm. Love it. Compared to the old 27" screen that it is replacing it is a lot thinner and lighter. So I had to spend a bit of time adjusting the tension in the monitor arm. Just wish it didn't have to use a brick for the power. Going to have to rejig my cables to get it neat and tidy lol.

Associate
Just recieved this monitor today, so far im loving it, one question though, i downloaded and installed the icc profile from rtings site, which setting on my monitor do i have to be on to see the profile?

Thanks

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just recieved this monitor today, so far im loving it, one question though, i downloaded and installed the icc profile from rtings site, which setting on my monitor do i have to be on to see the profile?

Thanks
ICC profiles are handled by software (by Windows and by apps that support ICC profiles, which isn't all of them, or even many of them).

Also it's not guaranteed to improve accuracy on your monitor. I'm really not sure why people apply ICC profiles from a different unit half the world away, which could be a different batch, yadda, yadda. It's just as likely to make things worse as better.

There's no substitute for doing your own calibration, or just setting things in a way which looks good to you.

Associate
Well not a great start, the monitor was delivered but with box damage/hole that has been taped up. Not going to open it until I know where I stand, waiting for a response from C.S. Very annoyed with DPD as think the driver placed the box in such a wa that I couldn't see it until I took it in.

Back
Top Bottom