BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Man of Honour
My thoughts are

Holy moly 30k for a 640d :eek:

My dad sold his M5 Competition for barely any more pre covid - has the market gone this mad :confused:

Otherwise, seems a nice example, albeit not massively well specced from the looks of things?

Most things are standard so they rarely have huge options lists.

Whilst I share your shock as to how much people seem to be happy to pay for things that is at least less rubbish than the 4 series people seem happy to pay 30k+ for!

Soldato
Wonder what the list price on a car like that 640d was. Probably 60-65k (although a retail customer wouldn't have paid that) so for a 3 year old car £30k is actually... sensible in terms of standard depreciation curves? :eek:

Don
Most things are standard so they rarely have huge options lists.

Whilst I share your shock as to how much people seem to be happy to pay for things that is at least less rubbish than the 4 series people seem happy to pay 30k+ for!

Looks like I'm getting 3k more than I paid for my C220 coupe 8 months and 10k miles ago so that offsets it somewhat

Probably a bit of a surcharge aa its BMW approved too

Thanks for info re specs

Soldato
Wonder what the list price on a car like that 640d was. Probably 60-65k (although a retail customer wouldn't have paid that) so for a 3 year old car £30k is actually... sensible in terms of standard depreciation curves? :eek:
I remember being in a BMW dealer with my dad in 2014 looking at 3 & 5 Series Tourings. He was interested in the 6 and asked a sales person how much the 640d convertible was they had on display and their reply was £72k. We both looked at each other very shocked. That was when BMW just started the comedy RRP’s on their cars.

He ended up buying a 640d Convertible on a snowy day in Jan 2018 for £29k, arriving the same time as my 520d Touring.

I think the colour is an individual colour option with some Carbon BMW Performance body parts.

39795383271_d800c97539_b.jpg

28017122809_e8a620a3ba_b.jpg

Soldato
Is there much difference between the m sport and the sport? The sport I'm looking at is a 2012 and the m sport is a 2014. Both dashboards look the same and the steering wheel does too.

Man of Honour
Is there much difference between the m sport and the sport? The sport I'm looking at is a 2012 and the m sport is a 2014. Both dashboards look the same and the steering wheel does too.

Presumably this is a 1 Series?

'Sport' is essentially a base model with nicer seats. The M Sport adds proper sport suspension, body styling, better wheels and just generally looks and feels nicer.

Very few Sport models will have anything like an acceptable spec so you are much more likely to find a car to have been well equipped if it's an M Sport.

Soldato
Presumably this is a 1 Series?

'Sport' is essentially a base model with nicer seats. The M Sport adds proper sport suspension, body styling, better wheels and just generally looks and feels nicer.

Very few Sport models will have anything like an acceptable spec so you are much more likely to find a car to have been well equipped if it's an M Sport.

It's a 3 series. I've cocked up a bit then. I knew about the suspension but at the time I forgot :/

Ended up with a 62 plate with 40k on the clock for 11k

It's got a few extra but it's in great condition, 12 months warranty, 4 new tyres, full service + MOT It's come from nissan. Was taken in as a part-ex. So the warranty, service and MOT should be all good.

Just regretting not getting a M sport but everything was much more expensive and it's the wife car after all.

I must do about a thousand miles a year in her car. The rest of the time I'm in my van.

Caporegime
Don't see the problem tbh, assuming it's DPF works - which it should - your not getting soot in your hair, plenty of torques and better MPG than the petrol.

Yes, you tend to get slimey fuel nozzles when filling up, they do provide free gloves mind.....

That's because you generally hear the problem.

Back
Top Bottom