Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Caporegime
OP
My point that those after him might have been intending to disarm him because they perceived him to be someone going around shooting people.

I'm not saying that they were correct in that assumption. But there was obviously massive confusion and panic going on so i'm trying to imagine what people's intentions were.

So what if they were intending to disarm him?

I suggested that myself re: the 2nd shooting incident, you just ignored it. It doens't negate his right to self-defence.

I'll point out again that they're not on trial.

Caporegime
OP
As suspected, in the first killing and the third shooting/injury, Kyle points his gun at them first.

Nope, in the first killing, he was being chased then he turned and pointed his gun.

In the third shooting, he does aim but then lowers it and doesn't shoot until the guy aims his pistol at him.

Caporegime
They arent really. This doesnt look good for Rittenhouse at all imo.

Ive just been watching this thread for a couple of hours and youve made that point quite clearly to the point when i listened to the live stream it reminded me of your post.

I mean, the prosecution during this cross examination is covering a lot of what i have been trying to say.

Personally i think its a tricky case, but i'm erring more towards the reckless homicide if it were my opinion/decision to make.

Caporegime
No. He was first chased by them in both instances, in the third one he aims before the other guy.

In the first one, the other guy doesn't have a gun - a third party first fires behind him.

Well for the first one, i mean aims at him before the supposed lunge for his gun.

Also in the video earlier they showed him turning and pointing the gun at Rosenbaum before the final turn and shooting event.

Caporegime
OP
Well for the first one, i mean aims at him before the supposed lunge for his gun.

Yes, after he's already been confronted by a guy with a pistol a verbal threat has been made and they're chasing him... something is thrown at him etc.. I'm not sure how that constitutes him pointing his gun first? The guy with the pistol even fired it first.

Also in the video earlier they showed him turning and pointing the gun at Rosenbaum before the final turn and shooting event.

What are you referring to there - the claim the prosecutor made re: unclear footage which Rittenhouse has denied and said he's got his weapon in his shoulder pointed down.

He didn't even see Rosenbaum until after the encounter with the guy with the pistol.

Soldato
As suspected, in the first killing and the third shooting/injury, Kyle points his gun at them first.

I'm getting the impression you've not watched any of the footage at all.

You can quite clearly see from the un edited footage hes running down the street, weapon pointed to the ground until he trips which is taken as a que by the mob to attack.

As for the killing of Rosenbaum again i've not see him point the weapon at him, ive seen the footage of him walking past Rosenbaum and others which I think Rosenbaum or someone there says "get him, get him, get him" which is what initiated the incident.

Caporegime

You can quite clearly see from the un edited footage hes running down the street, weapon pointed to the ground until he trips which is taken as a que by the mob to attack.

As for the killing of Rosenbaum again i've not see him point the weapon at him, ive seen the footage of him walking past Rosenbaum and others which I think Rosenbaum or someone there says "get him, get him, get him" which is what initiated the incident.

Ive literally just watched all the footage the prosecution just showed (frame by frame in some instances, lots of stills etc) so yes, i have watched it and what i just stated was correct.

Man of Honour

He clearly hasn't and isn't bothering to either. The first shooting he was chased, stuff thrown at him, partially cornered and someone behind him fired a shot which is only after that point he brings his gun into the equation.

EDIT: There is an altercation somewhat before that - but it would be tenuous to bring it into the first shooting in this manner as things had de-escalated in between times.

Soldato

I've seen a lot of footage from many different angles and I agree. I think what you will find is that Jono8 is so blinkered in his views that no amount of evidence/footage etc will change his preconceived opinion on the matter. Instead he resorts to trolling until the argument is so convoluted and irrelevant that people just give up trying to reason.

Caporegime
I've seen a lot of footage from many different angles. I think what you will find is that Jono8 is so blinkered in his views that no amount of evidence/footage etc will change his preconceived opinion on the matter. Instead he resorts to trolling until the argument is so convoluted and irrelevant that people just give up trying to reason.
He clearly hasn't and isn't bothering to either. The first shooting he was chased, stuff thrown at him, partially cornered and someone behind him fired a shot which is only after that point he brings his gun into the equation.

EDIT: There is an altercation somewhat before that - but it would be tenuous to bring it into the first shooting in this manner as things had de-escalated in between times.

How is stating the truth trolling :confused:. I clearly have bothered to watch it because its literally what happened.

https://youtu.be/68YzstX1ZP8?t=21058

He literally turned at Rosenbaum and aimed his weapon at him, before continuing to run, and then turning at him again and firing. The prosecutor even talks about Rosenbaum's action of jumping with his hands up in the air at that point.

Its literally on the video and stilled for you to see clearly.

photo.png

Soldato
Ive literally just watched all the footage the prosecution just showed (frame by frame in some instances, lots of stills etc) so yes, i have watched it and what i just stated was correct.

lol uh, what you think you saw and what actually happened are not linking up im afraid, yes he pointed the gun at people, when they converged to attack.

Caporegime
lol uh, what you think you saw and what actually happened are not linking up im afraid, yes he pointed the gun at people, when they converged to attack.

No, what i said was, is that he pointed his gun at Rosenbaum, before the final time he turned and pointed and then shot him ( see above).

I;m not disputing that Rosenbaum was chasing him at this time by the way and never have.

Soldato
No, what i said was, is that he pointed his gun at Rosenbaum, before the final time he turned and pointed and then shot him ( see above).

I;m not disputing that Rosenbaum was chasing him at this time by the way and never have.
Looks like simple escalation of force to me. he even de-escalates before going back into it.
Yet he keeps running at him.

Man of Honour
He literally turned at Rosenbaum and aimed his weapon at him, before continuing to run, and then turning at him again and firing. The prosecutor even talks about Rosenbaum's action of jumping with his hands up in the air at that point.

That is different to what you seemed to be implying earlier as if it was the act of pointing the gun which instigated the first incident.

Soldato

Ah thanks, that footage wasnt released prior to the trial.

The question is, do you let someone whos chasing you and said they would kill you earlier in the night take your weapon from you? I wouldn't that's for sure.

Not only that, if someone points an AR15 at you (a gun which ive fired a few times) you certainly wouldn't be chasing that person unless you had another motive for doing so.

Caporegime
OP
Looks like simple escalation of force to me. he even de-escalates before going back into it.

Oh, so I think I understand what Jono8 is getting at - he's referring to the fact that Rittenhouse warned them both/pointed his gun but didn't fire in both cases, not that those were the first actions to take place in those instances but just that before firing they were essentially warned by Rittenhouse... then he escalated to firing when that didn't work in the first case (or when he had a firearm pointed at him in the 3rd case).

That is different to what you seemed to be implying earlier as if it was the act of pointing the gun which instigated the first incident.

Yeah that's how I initially read it too, it was a bit ambiguous - but I think I get what he meant now.

Caporegime

No i wasn't. I was saying that Kyle had already pointed his weapon at Rosenbaum at least once (as its in the video) before Rosenbaum got close to him/reached for his weapon when Kyle turned a second time (and then shot him)

Back
Top Bottom