*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Those of you that use your quest 2 for Steam and or Rift games, which do you prefer of the two? I can buy Medal of Honour on Steam or on Oculus but Oculus is currently complaining that Oculus is not the default XR runtime (I think I used steamVR last) and it seems a bit messy to get into Steam VR games when you have the quest landing page "in" the headset, you have the Oculus Link landing page (which I assume is what it looks like using a Rift / Rift S, then you have Steam VR "home" but also an Oculus "home" to walk around in and aaaah it's confusing!
That would depend on if it's cross buy or not, if it is definitely oculus to have the option of playing on the go. If not then probably steam mainly because usually steam has sales more often. But honestly don't mind at that point.

Associate
You do need to pay for the new courses now but it came in at £2.29 so we can hardly grumble for the quality of content from these guys!
Huh even though all the previous courses were free I'm very happy to pay for any new ones, and yeah £2 is well worth it for the fun these guys deserve all the success!

Soldato
Bobovr M2 pro came today, managed to pick it up from amazon (more expensive than waiting from china, but have a leaving gift card from work so used that!) its much more comfortable with the small changes to the back pad, and it feels way better balances with the battery pack!

Soldato
Bobovr M2 pro came today, managed to pick it up from amazon (more expensive than waiting from china, but have a leaving gift card from work so used that!) its much more comfortable with the small changes to the back pad, and it feels way better balances with the battery pack!

Was very tempted to buy one, they look pretty good too. And it's not a bad price considering you are getting the battery as well.

Soldato
Just bought one for the kids for Xmas. I guess I will be playing with it too. I had the Quest 1 for over a year so be interesting to see what this one is like with regards to Virtual Desktop etc.

Looked through the thread with regards to glasses can see various comments overall anyone with glasses have any problems ? With the Quest 1 I used the insert for wearing glasses it was okay for me as my computer glasses are quite small. I dont really want to go down the route of buying new lenses for the Quest 2 as I dont know my prescription, although I am due a sight test soonish.

Soldato
Android notifications are finally showing on the android oculus app now and you can turn them on in the headset. a lot of people have had this working already but a lot including myself havent
You need to uninstall and then reinstall the android oculus app for the phone notifications option to show up

Soldato
Just bought one for the kids for Xmas. I guess I will be playing with it too. I had the Quest 1 for over a year so be interesting to see what this one is like with regards to Virtual Desktop etc.

Looked through the thread with regards to glasses can see various comments overall anyone with glasses have any problems ? With the Quest 1 I used the insert for wearing glasses it was okay for me as my computer glasses are quite small. I dont really want to go down the route of buying new lenses for the Quest 2 as I dont know my prescription, although I am due a sight test soonish.

Probably a good idea to get it setup and at least First Steps installed before christmas, otherwise it'll be one of those presents that you get excited about but can't use for an hour or two whilst setup is going on!

Make sure the lenses are alright too whilst you can return it.

That and it gives you an excuse to have a play :D.

Underboss

i wear glasses (with a very high prescription)
i use the VR Cover interface and i do not have the Quest 2 prescription lenses, works ok for me using the GOMVR strap from Ali Express

Back
Top Bottom