This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
This is the typical low brow reply I would expect from Overclockers in a political thread. Please feel free to explain why I need to get a grip?

Good good. I’m getting a bit tired actually, and just can’t be bothered in all honesty. Truth be told you just come across as young and naive.

I’ve worked hard, and live in a nice area and have nice things. So in my opinion, when I see on TV all these gobby **** that want take or damage things I’ve worked hard for, because they think the world owes them a favour, because they think they’re special or above the law, I absolutely endorse the police having more power.

This auditing thing is simply childish and pathetic and in my mind, serves no useful purpose. Just another example of some muppet putting a drain on society. A society like a lot on here, I contribute a lot for in my monthly salary.

So, get a grip, dismount from your high horse and stop posting nonsense.

Associate
Good good. I’m getting a bit tired actually, and just can’t be bothered in all honesty. Truth be told you just come across as young and naive.

Straight to the ad hominem's. Good start.

I’ve worked hard, and live in a nice area and have nice things. So in my opinion, when I see on TV all these gobby **** that want take or damage things I’ve worked hard for, because they think the world owes them a favour, because they think they’re special or above the law, I absolutely endorse the police having more power.

None of which has any relation to "auditors" legally filming police stations.

This auditing thing is simply childish and pathetic and in my mind, serves no useful purpose.

The auditors can be childish and pathetic. But they are still not breaking any laws. It is very clear that they do serve a useful purpose, that being exposing Police officers who overstep the mark and deny citizens their rights. They really are no different to auditors who audit other places of work when you boil it down.

Just another example of some muppet putting a drain on society. A society like a lot on here, I contribute a lot for in my monthly salary.

So, get a grip, dismount from your high horse and stop posting nonsense.

Another few sentences where you fail to address any of my points and finish off with a final ad hominem. Classic OCUK political thread!

Soldato
Straight to the ad hominem's. Good start.

None of which has any relation to "auditors" legally filming police stations.

The auditors can be childish and pathetic. But they are still not breaking any laws. It is very clear that they do serve a useful purpose, that being exposing Police officers who overstep the mark and deny citizens their rights. They really are no different to auditors who audit other places of work when you boil it down.

Another few sentences where you fail to address any of my points and finish off with a final ad hominem. Classic OCUK political thread!

Lovely stuff.

Associate
But how will we know unless we try?

There are plenty of historic examples of what happens when authoritarian governments get into power. It usually starts off with "the police should have the power to arrest those others who I don't like" and ends up with millions dead and millions more living in fear, many of whom were the same people who wanted the police to have more powers in the first place.

Soldato
I see no one is choosing to actually engage with my argument. Again, another sign that I have it right.

Not sure why you’re trying to provoke a response. Boredom? Ignorance? All the above? I’m not engaging with you on a serious level because I’m lazy, tired am starting to think you you can’t comprehend anything other than your ingrained opinions, which largely seem to be twaddle. Maybe chill out, grow up and watch some red dwarf, take tips on not being a smeghead. :)

Soldato
There are plenty of historic examples of what happens when authoritarian governments get into power. It usually starts off with "the police should have the power to arrest those others who I don't like" and ends up with millions dead and millions more living in fear, many of whom were the same people who wanted the police to have more powers in the first place.

All sounds marvellous.

Associate
Not sure why you’re trying to provoke a response. Boredom? Ignorance? All the above? I’m not engaging with you on a serious level because I’m lazy, tired am starting to think you you can’t comprehend anything other than your ingrained opinions, which largely seem to be twaddle. Maybe chill out, grow up and watch some red dwarf, take tips on not being a smeghead. :)

Seriously, why post in this thread if you are not willing to engage in a constructive discussion? I understand that you feel these auditors are just trouble makers and are wasting Police time but they are not breaking the law. I think all Tory voters are selfish, greedy and don't care about their fellow man, but I respect their right to vote Tory because voting Tory is not against the law. Can you not see how your opinion if enacted, is the road to tyranny?

Why not play the ball instead of the man?

Soldato
Seriously, why post in this thread if you are not willing to engage in a constructive discussion? I understand that you feel these auditors are just trouble makers and are wasting Police time but they are not breaking the law. I think all Tory voters are selfish, greedy and don't care about their fellow man, but I respect their right to vote Tory because voting Tory is not against the law. Can you not see how your opinion if enacted, is the road to tyranny?

Why not play the ball instead of the man?

fascinating-spock.gif

(Sorry, didn’t actually read what you’ve put, but I hope you like the Spock gif. I think it’s awesome)

Soldato
Seriously, why post in this thread if you are not willing to engage in a constructive discussion?

You sound frustrated. So, you’re becoming aggravated that I won’t follow the rules of your conversation? Seeing the irony? I’m not breaking any rules, I’m just being annoying, like a certain bunch of ‘auditors’ - and you are seemingly getting out of your pram about it.

Alas, we’ve come full circle, you’re welcome.

morpheus-matrix.gif

Associate
You sound frustrated. So, you’re becoming aggravated that I won’t follow the rules of your conversation? Seeing the irony? I’m not breaking any rules, I’m just being annoying, like a certain bunch of ‘auditors’ - and you are seemingly getting out of your pram about it.

Alas, we’ve come full circle, you’re welcome.

morpheus-matrix.gif

I respect your right to be annoying and to be unwilling to engage in a decent discussion.

Maybe others can try to pick apart my arguments on why I think auditors are doing nothing wrong and are in fact doing all of us freedom lovers a favor as you seem incapable of doing so.

Soldato
I respect your right to be annoying and to be unwilling to engage in a decent discussion.

Maybe others can try to pick apart my arguments on why I think auditors are doing nothing wrong and are in fact doing all of us freedom lovers a favor as you seem incapable of doing so.

Awww don’t be like that. You’ve simply been beaten by an opponent with superior intellect. I sense this is not going to be the last time this happens to you, but keep the dream alive! On that note I’m off to have a cup of tea and watch TV with my wife in bed. Night night x

Soldato
They really are no different to auditors who audit other places of work when you boil it down.

Boil it down to what, utter nonsense? They aren't auditing anyone or anything. The vast majority of these interactions are intended to provoke a response and antagonise the officers/staff they encounter. They're the sort of people who've got bored of tweeting photos of police cars parked in supermarket disabled bays and on double-yellows.

Permabanned
Boil it down to what, utter nonsense? They aren't auditing anyone or anything. The vast majority of these interactions are intended to provoke a response and antagonise the officers/staff they encounter. They're the sort of people who've got bored of tweeting photos of police cars parked in supermarket disabled bays and on double-yellows.

Quite, social misfits with a chip on their shoulders. In countries with a more robust attitude to those that provoke a reaction from authority they'd get a trip to the cells with a nasty accident en route.

Back
Top Bottom